Posts by LoopbackTrigger

Its menu navigation is slow and it is crashing out to Android home.

When it boots, it should boot straight into Kodi (and ideally, recover into Kodi after a crash).

I get you may have your heart set on a new box (and may even have it by now) but, by sounds of it, you're running Kodi via Android, not on LibreElec? If so, just saying, the difference in speed of menu navigation and stability (crashing) was night and day when I switched from Android to LibreElec on my S805 box. Might be able to get some more mileage out of your S905.

Kszaq used to publish images for these boxes but seems to have moved away from development. CoreElec appears to be picking up the gauntlet. You can run off SD card too if you want to keep your Android OS available.

Hi thakyou for our time! Chips 905S, but as I said I did Flash Nand without backing up, does not recognize the original firmware, is only in the logo and does not come out of it?

I'm no expert, but if you're getting the logo still then sounds like the bootloader is still fine. Try re-flashing the Android NAND again, sometimes it doesn't work first time, or try downloading one from a different source in case the one you got was corrupt/incorrectly labelled. When I googled it I found at least 2 different download sources for the Android NAND of your system. If still no luck then I'd recommend posting your issue on an Android forum as you'll have a greater chance of getting a resolution.

Hello! I did the installation on the taped Nand on my K1 Plus and did not back up the android system! Is there any way to get back to the android system ??

Thank you in advance for your attention.

You can usually download this from the manufacturer's website. I had a quick google for the "K1 Plus firmware" and found a few hits, but all for S905 chips. Yours definitely S805?

Actually the only change that could affect this was between 8.0.0b and 8.0.0g. You can try to bump your GPU speed by echo 4 > /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq.

Just tried this but still getting same thing. Rebooted box after running command which gave me chance to notice issues same as base_08's, box is fine immediately after restart but started lagging after I browsed into a few shows.

One thing I noticed is running cat /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq reports 255. I can only seem to find info on s905, but should this report 500 at the default value of 3 and 666 after bumping it to 4?

Many thanks for this excellent build and the effort put in.

Since upgrading to 8.0.1a from 8.0g I've been having menu framerate problems @ 1080p, very stuttery navigation, however video playback is perfect. Worked fine since 7.0 when I started using this build, 8.0 was fine. Anyone else getting this? Running @ 720p resolves it