Posts by NINJAIII

I used a Flirc and prgrammed it to wakeup hitting any key. Works well.

Still the same for me with 8.1.5a

beginning to think its down to either an add-on or skin causing the issue as yours is ok

Are you using default skin

Fanni:

I tried at least 4 skins and it had no affect always lockups after a few mins moving through Kodi or playing a Movie a complete Freeze. I even tried no add ons just default Librelec. I had to revert back to version 7.0.1 if I recall it worked fine at that version. Then at version 8.1.5a I added the Autoscript and things started to work no lockups. I kept updating to latest each release and no issues. Then I had to wipe for other reasons and loaded 8.1.9 and started getting lockups. When I looked closer of course my Autostart was wiped. Put it back in and still had issues so I went back to 8.1.5a and added Autostart and last night running for hours no issues. So it does not make sense thats why I thought the fix is not in 8.1.9.

Currently running Kodi default skin and 8.1.5a installed to Nand with autostart and 1 extra Add on. No issues. MXQ All Black box with Fake Ram 512 and Board

S805Q_V2.0.

Just tested 8.1.10 on the troublesome M201D still the same locks up for me just moving around the menus

Only pulling the power lead will get it going again but locks up after a couple of minutes again

I have the same problem but if I add the AutoStart.sh to the folder exactly like this lockups go away. I also have the MXQ M201D troublesome box.

(

echo hotplug > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor

) &

Also I have another problem Box that only works with the 8.1.5a with the above autostart.sh. These boxes are unpredictable and each one is unique. Please try 8.1.5a with the Autostart.sh I am sure that will work for you.

Yes I always use the m201d build that is the only one that works in my MXQ 512 Meg Ram box. But without the autostart.sh governor

it will lockup after 5 mins of just moving through Menu's. With the autostart.sh present with the Governor it works fine.

That is why I question the fix in 8.1.9.

autostart.sh has nothing to do with the changes I made:

• you added a switch to "hotplug" governor in autostart.sh
    • I added it in the platform_init script
    • the update will not modify your autostart.sh file
    • there is nothing wrong with "hotplug" governor being set 2 times

kszaq

Box has been running great but today for other reasons I wiped the box and started fresh. This also wiped my autostart.sh file with the Governor. Since I am running 8.1.9 and you added it to platform_init I figured didnt need the Autostart. Well my box now locks up again every 5-8 mins so I added it back to autostart and all good again. Are you sure hotplug governor is really working in Platform ? Mine is the Fake M201d. MXQ

I added the Autostart to my M201d fake RAM box which was locking up just moving through Kodi then I put the echo hotplug > /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/scaling_governor in the auto file and its been great. But the Autostart file I manually added this. It was dated over 1 month ago. Since you added this in the 8.1.9 I would of expected it to be overwritten and new date. It was not I just used the Tar file and dropped in Update folder as I usually do. Does it skip if it see's its already done ? Box is running great just wondering if the tar file has the Autostart ?

So its working but thought you added it in 8.1.9 ?

thanks for all your work.

m201d users: please try 8.1.5a build (it's in 8.1.5 folder). I disabled DVFS driver, this hopefully resolves freezing issue.

Tested today using MXQ S805_V2.0 Board with 512Meg of RAM. Same issues freezes happen from 3-15 Mins. Moving around in Kodi or just leaving it idle. So far the only stable version that does not lock up is 7.0.1.1.

Hi kszaq - I am wondering if I could send you some MXQ S805 hardware for testing, theirs a MXQ motherboard out and seam to have replaced a lot of the boards we are use to seeing from China, HD18Q ETC - This board has probably being mentioned a few times, it is MARKED S805Q_v2.0 and usually comes with that SCI WIFI Chipset.

I have one that I can ship out to you no problem, although your HD18Q/M201D/MXQ files all install fine and dual boot, the system locks up randomly during video playback and I am very curious to why this may be

Unless of course their is a solution that I am unaware of.

Many Thanks

Matthew

That is the board I have S805Q_V2.0 all Black MXQ and it freezes just moving around Kodi anywhere from 10-30 Mins. The 7.0.1.1 seems to be pretty stable with it I have even tried the AlexElec Version same freeze.