[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.0 for S805

• Thanks again for your help. I tried Keymap Editor (I'm using a USB mouse to operate): when I press a key on the remote, is not recognized by the system. No one key. That is way no remote.conf produce any sign of life. It seems like that when LibreElec starts, the IR interface is not active. How can I test if the remote is producing any input..?

Have you changed your firmware which came with your device, if yes, that may have changed something and is preventing the remote to work.

If not, this is what I usually do and it works for me:

SSH into libreelec and navigate to the .config folder
    place a copy of your remote.conf file into this folder
    navigate to the folder rc_keymaps and place a copy of the remote.conf into this folder.
    reboot

I don't know if it is necessary or not to put the remote.conf in both locations, I did not try either/or but this method with the remote.conf in both locations works for me on MXQ and M8 devices.

Edited once, last by rollingrock (April 30, 2017 at 10:32 AM).

• You should be able to see some message in dmesg when pressing buttons.

In the link of my previous post are some examples.

Enviado desde mi s3 mediante Tapatalk

Wendigo...you are the man! That did it! This way I also learned how to reprogram a remote with linux on this boxes...great!

Thanks a lot for your patiance & helping! Now..let's configure some addons...

• Dear akir, I understand the trick is for mxv...I have the mxq: the power led is always blu, no matter if the box is on or off...
    Will the trick work on mxq too? Do you have another solutions for mxq?
    THanks in advance...

• 8.0.1b posted in OP, including GPU scaling fix among other improvements.

Aaaaahhhh! Thank you so much kszaq! Was refreshing this page regularly during these past weeks to see if any updates were made! Two thumbs up!

• I tried to boot my S805 box from USB drive using the toothpick method but it goes inside Android System Recovery.
    I have successfully booted LibreElec from the same thumb drive in the past builds but now it doesn't seem to be working.

Not even with old builds.

Here is what I am doing.

I downloaded the tar.gz file for all 3 versions of the box.
    Then I performed these steps for each file.

Formatted the USB drive
    Extracted the img file from the archive and burned it on the thumb drive using Win32 Disk imager.
    Disconnect the power supply of the box
    Connected the USB drive in the USB port I have been successfully booted from in the past.
    Held the reset switch using toothpick and connected the power.

Can you please help me? My tv box is very slow with Android.

• All back MXQ HD18Q - i was running 8.0.1b from sd all seemed fine, then moved to internal lost use of remote, so popped in remote.conf but now it wont power on with remote, is this a know problem? everything else seems to be working fine. ive just downgraded to 8.0.1a but the power on with remote is still the same, red light not blue
    Thanks for your hard work with this project.

• I am currently running 7.0.3.3c on my MXQ 805 box and its working well. Can I upgrade to 8.0.1b by dropping the img.gz file into the update folder (or should I use the .tar file?) or should I update from an earlier Krypton 7 build and go through the stages. Thanks for your patience people and appreciate your work Kszaq to give these older boxes a new life.

• Yes, you can update from 7.0.3.3c that way. Please remember to make a backup before updating in case you wanted to go back or anything goes wrong.

• Hey Kszaq.......

Just wondering are you going to be updating this build to 8.0.2 (Krypton 17.3)

Not rushing or anything like that would just like to know thanks