Posts by davlibre

Dear akir, I understand the trick is for mxv...I have the mxq: the power led is always blu, no matter if the box is on or off...
    Will the trick work on mxq too? Do you have another solutions for mxq?
    THanks in advance...

ippon...you are the man! Great tutorial! That did it on my OTT MXQ S805 box! This way I also learned how to reprogram a remote with linux on this boxes...great! It can even power on/off the box...the led remains blu, but I did see somewhere how to fix this..just have to find it again...

Thank you!

You should be able to see some message in dmesg when pressing buttons.

In the link of my previous post are some examples.

Enviado desde mi s3 mediante Tapatalk

Wendigo...you are the man! That did it! This way I also learned how to reprogram a remote with linux on this boxes...great!

Thanks a lot for your patiance & helping! Now..let's configure some addons...

It will be actually standalone once you have configured the remote at your liking with key map plugin. In the end is like creating your own remote.conf from scratch, given that the incorrect one that is in your box has the correct factory code.

Other alternative will be creating it from scratch as described in this thread:

thread-3581.html

Thanks again for your help. I tried Keymap Editor (I'm using a USB mouse to operate): when I press a key on the remote, is not recognized by the system. No one key. That is way no remote.conf produce any sign of life. It seems like that when LibreElec starts, the IR interface is not active. How can I test if the remote is producing any input..?

If nothing else works, you can always use yatse or kodi remote from your smartphone and install key map editor plugin in kodi. You can then configure the remote as you like.

..thanks, I know...but I prefer a standalone system...and it is a matter of making a point: it HAS to work...I'm getting mad at this..

Have you had a read through this thread? thread-4264.html

Thank you, very interesting 3d..I tried a couple of remot.conf for OTT MXQ...but again, no sign of life from my remote..I'm putting them using the LAN in smb://libreelec/configfiles/ ...which I understand is the right place. What is strange, is that I was able to retrieve the remote.conf from Android...and that one should work...btw, is very similar to all the others...am I missing something here?

Hi everybody, first of all many thanks to kszaq for the great work! I have an MXQ OTT TV BOX, the all black version.. tried many different build from 7 to 8.0.0 to the latest 8.0.1a in all flavors: mxq, hd18q m201...always the same, remote does not work. Yes, I tried to put the remote.conf from android in Configuration folder:

Code
    /storage/.config

over SSH, tried to put it in

Code
    \\your_box_IP\Configuration, even directly on SD..nothing. Tried he remote.conf from page 1...no luck. Tried some remote.conf from the net that someone did say to work...no luck..

Code
    Code
    What else can I try? Thanks in advance for your attention

Hi everybody, first of all many thanks to kszaq for the great work! I have an MXQ OTT TV BOX, the all black version.. tried many different build from 7 to 8.0.0 to the latest 8.0.1a in all flavors: mxq, hd180 m201...always the same, remote does not work. Yes, I tried to put the remote.conf from android in Configuration folder:

Code
    /storage/.config

over SSH, tried to put it in

Code
    \\your_box_IP\Configuration, even directly on SD..nothing. Tried some remote.conf from the net that someone did say to work...no luck..
    What else can I try? Thanks in advance for your attention