[8.2.3.1] LibreELEC 8.0 for S805

• Everything seems to be working great on my MXQ S805

Some how i have the Blue and Red LED working correctly and also i can fully shutdown and wake up my box from my Remote so i'm very happy

Keep up the great Work and looking forward to more builds coming from you soon :D :D :cool: :cool:

• Just signed up to say thank you very much @kszaq & Libreelec!! Tried 8.0.1a HD18Q on my very old MXQ relic & it works great!! Thought the box would be on its way out with Kodi 17.1+ only supporting Android 5.1+, & my MXQ box (Clone I believe) having only 4.4.2. Finding 5.1+ for these boxes can be quite hard & dangerous if you manage to flash the wrong rom... I have it booting from a 8GB Class 4 SD card & it's working brilliantly... No issues what so ever!! This has brought my old MXQ relic back to life!! Almost feels like a new box..!!

Thanks guys!!

Edited once, last by bifftaz (April 21, 2017 at 10:11 PM).

• Everything seems to be working great on my MXQ S805

Some how i have the Blue and Red LED working correctly and also i can fully shutdown and wake up my box from my Remote so i'm very happy

Keep up the great Work and looking forward to more builds coming from you soon :D :D :cool: :cool:

how did you do the fully shutdown & wake up from remote ??? :)

• Hi everybody, first of all many thanks to kszaq for the great work! I have an MXQ OTT TV BOX, the all black version.. tried many different build from 7 to 8.0.0 to the latest 8.0.1a in all flavors: mxq, hd18q m201...always the same, remote does not work. Yes, I tried to put the remote.conf from android in Configuration folder:

Code
    /storage/.config

over SSH, tried to put it in

Code
    \\your_box_IP\Configuration, even directly on SD..nothing. Tried he remote.conf from page 1...no luck. Tried some remote.conf from the net that someone did say to work...no luck..

Code
    Code
    What else can I try? Thanks in advance for your attention

• Hi everybody, first of all many thanks to kszaq for the great work! I have an MXQ OTT TV BOX, the all black version.. tried many different build from 7 to 8.0.0 to the latest 8.0.1a in all flavors: mxq, hd18q m201...always the same, remote does not work. Yes, I tried to put the remote.conf from android in Configuration folder:

Code
    /storage/.config

over SSH, tried to put it in

Code
    \\your_box_IP\Configuration, even directly on SD..nothing. Tried he remote.conf from page 1...no luck. Tried some remote.conf from the net that someone did say to work...no luck..

Code
    Code
    What else can I try? Thanks in advance for your attention

Have you rebooted your device after putting the remote.conf files in their folders? This always works for me.

• Have you rebooted your device after putting the remote.conf files in their folders? This always works for me.

Thanks for replying, yes of course, always power off & reboot. I tried everything...but the remote is not working...wifi, video, audio..all ok. It is getting me mad...

• Have you had a read through this thread? thread-4264.html

Thank you, very interesting 3d..I tried a couple of remot.conf for OTT MXQ...but again, no sign of life from my remote..I'm putting them using the LAN in smb://libreelec/configfiles/ ...which I understand is the right place. What is strange, is that I was able to retrieve the remote.conf from Android...and that one should work...btw, is very similar to all the others...am I missing something here?

• Thank you, very interesting 3d..I tried a couple of remot.conf for OTT MXQ...but again, no sign of life from my remote..I'm putting them using the LAN in smb://libreelec/configfiles/ ...which I understand is the right place. What is strange, is that I was able to retrieve the remote.conf from Android...and that one should work...btw, is very similar to all the others...am I missing something here?

If nothing else works, you can always use yatse or kodi remote from your smartphone and install key map editor plugin in kodi. You can then configure the remote as you like.

Enviado desde mi s3 mediante Tapatalk

• If nothing else works, you can always use yatse or kodi remote from your smartphone and install key map editor plugin in kodi. You can then configure the remote as you like.

..thanks, I know...but I prefer a standalone system...and it is a matter of making a point: it HAS to work...I'm getting mad at this..

• 8.0.1a has the latest Kodi and LE code, it works pretty well. There will be an update when 17.2 comes.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Hi kszaq!

Amazing work with these builds!

Actually in the mk808b plus the latest release is not so fluid as the 8.0.0b... what I understood is that you made an modification at 8.0.0g on the way the gpu is handled but somehow if I use the box intensively it slows down to a crawl, reporting values of around 250 mhz...
    On the previous version to those changes it runs always very fluid...

• ..thanks, I know...but I prefer a standalone system...and it is a matter of making a point: it HAS to work...I'm getting mad at this..

It will be actually standalone once you have configured the remote at your liking with key map plugin. In the end is like creating your own remote.conf from scratch, given that the incorrect one that is in your box has the correct factory code.

Other alternative will be creating it from scratch as described in this thread:

thread-3581.html

• It will be actually standalone once you have configured the remote at your liking with key map plugin. In the end is like creating your own remote.conf from scratch, given that the incorrect one that is in your box has the correct factory code.

Other alternative will be creating it from scratch as described in this thread:

thread-3581.html

Thanks again for your help. I tried Keymap Editor (I'm using a USB mouse to operate): when I press a key on the remote, is not recognized by the system. No one key. That is way no remote.conf produce any sign of life. It seems like that when LibreElec starts, the IR interface is not active. How can I test if the remote is producing any input..?

• Thanks again for your help. I tried Keymap Editor (I'm using a USB mouse to operate): when I press a key on the remote, is not recognized by the system. No one key. That is way no remote.conf produce any sign of life. It seems like that when LibreElec starts, the IR interface is not active. How can I test if the remote is producing any input..?

You should be able to see some message in dmesg when pressing buttons.

In the link of my previous post are some examples.