Posts by Chewy

I've had a look in the main repo and i only see S905 and S912.......

I'll have a little play about see what i can do, Not going to hope for too much as i haven't really done a lot of this before

I know datrh as managed it for the S802 and S812

Quoted from Datrh

you may check my github.

i've been able to build LE9/Kodi18 from libreelec master for s802/s812 (minix x8/x8-h/x8-hp).

i guess for s805, it's the same process : respect how libreelec is build and find the way to inject your dtb,drivers.

So there maybe hope yet :)

Thank you for the reply chewitt

I honestly didn't know that to be fair.........

OK with that aside say when i wanted to try to build LE9 (Yes i know it's still alpha/beta) What would be the best way to do that while keeping hold of the Kernel, Drivers and Patches Kszaq implemented in his builds ?

I have finally managed to compile LE 8.2.3 for the Amlogic S805 using Kszaq's source, Which took some time due to random errors while compiling.

Now for the question.....

How would i go about updating this build from 8.2.3 to 8.2.5 ??????

I would ideally like to use everything from the 8.2.3 build for the S805 as it has all the kernel and drivers that is needed and patches that made this box work as mine is still working today.......

long term goal will be to make LE9 builds for this device but learning how to update it from 8.2.3 to 8.2.5 seems a lot safer option at this moment in time.......

Thanks Kostaman

I thought that Kodi 17 Dev was stopped and there will be a S805 Version for Kodi 18

I am sorry ton hear that

Anyone is aware of S805 librelect build under Kodi 18

Cheers

Nothing about at the moment..... I have personally tried updating this build to 8.2.5 but ran into problems all the time so stopped for awhile.......

If i could of done that i would of tried LE9.0/Kodi 18

Try cleaning tz package and build it again

Code
    PROJECT=S805 arch=arm ./scripts/clean tz
    PROJECT=S805 arch=arm ./scripts/build tz

I think I had the same error few times in the past.

Btw: Release 8.2.3.1 · kszaq/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub builds without a problem on my Ubuntu 16.04.4 LTS.

I had the same issue with kszaq's build..........

I tried what you suggested and ran into that same error after running

Code
    PROJECT=S805 arch=arm ./scripts/build tz

Only time i used sudo was for these commands

Some of them may not be needed for LE 8.2 but the end goal will be 8.2.5 and then continue to 9.0

They are the only commands i use sudo for and from my understanding you have to use sudo for these commands

OK..... I tried again as i do not like being defeated and i ran into this error, I believe it was the same error as my last attempt

Any ideas what could be causing this........

EDIT.......

A little digging shows this is to do with Time Zones............

Well i tried the change you suggested and it still got an error at the same place

Just tried again on 14.04 without changing anything from Kszaq's 8 2 3 1 build and yet again it failed......................

God knows why but i've spent so much time on this and not getting anywhere.

So i think i will stop here and just face that the AmLogic MXQ S805 has reached as far as it will go.

Shame really as it is a great little box with LibreELEC running on it

Thank you for all your help

These are the 2 i'm using
    GitHub - kszaq/LibreELEC.tv at 8.2.3.1 = S805

And

GitHub - LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv: Just enough OS for KODI -b libreelec-8.2 LibreELEC.tv.8.2.5

What i am trying to do is update LibreElec 8.2.3.1 HD18Q S805 to 8.2.5, I have very little knowledge of this kind of stuff but i am very willing to learn as i know many people still use the Amlogic S805 devices, Even if it just pro-longs the life for a little while longer at least i will know i have done something to help the community.

If i'm able to get all the details and teaching or so forth i will continue and try to bring LE 9 to the S805 devices.... I have 2 of these boxes so testing isn't a problem.. I've tried google and searching for things as much as possible but there seems to be very limited information on how to do this.

Thank You for your help so far :)

this isn't working (without some ugly workarounds)

try Ubuntu 16.04 or use workaround from here [FIXED] Compilation under Ubuntu 18.04 LTS

Thank you for the response.... I tried the workaround and it still seemed messy so i downgraded to 16.04

done some tweaks and thought i had it all sorted then got this issue

Any idea how i can solve this one ?

Hello everyone long time user of LE thanks to the departed Kszaq

I have been trying to compile LE 8.2 myself using Ubuntu 18.04 and not matter what i do i get the same error over and over
    I have tried LE 8.2.1.3 from Kszaq's github and i have also tried from the 8.2.5 LE source for the RPI 2

Not sure what i am doing wrong but this is the error i get everytime

collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Makefile:655: recipe for target 'make' failed

make[3]: * [make] Error 1

make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/****/LibreELEC.tv.8.2.5/build.LibreELEC-S805.arm-8.2.5/make-4.2.1/.x86_64-linux-gnu'

Makefile:798: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed

make[2]: * [all-recursive] Error 1

make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/****/LibreELEC.tv.8.2.5/build.LibreELEC-S805.arm-8.2.5/make-4.2.1/.x86_64-linux-gnu'

Makefile:534: recipe for target 'all' failed

make[1]: * [all] Error 2

make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/****/LibreELEC.tv.8.2.5/build.LibreELEC-S805.arm-8.2.5/make-4.2.1/.x86_64-linux-gnu'

Makefile:12: recipe for target 'image' failed

make: * [image] Error 2

Any help with this would be amazing Thanks

With kszaq gone from the Community.......

I'm thinking about trying to take over the S805 Builds..... Could anyone point me in the right direction or guide me

Basically i want to use Kszaq's builds as a base line but update/upgrade to LE 9 / Kodi 18 over time

Any info or advice would be great

Thank You In Advance