Posts by rollingrock

Thanks again for your help. I tried Keymap Editor (I'm using a USB mouse to operate): when I press a key on the remote, is not recognized by the system. No one key. That is way no remote.conf produce any sign of life. It seems like that when LibreElec starts, the IR interface is not active. How can I test if the remote is producing any input..?

Have you changed your firmware which came with your device, if yes, that may have changed something and is preventing the remote to work.

If not, this is what I usually do and it works for me:

SSH into libreelec and navigate to the .config folder
    place a copy of your remote.conf file into this folder
    navigate to the folder rc_keymaps and place a copy of the remote.conf into this folder.
    reboot

I don't know if it is necessary or not to put the remote.conf in both locations, I did not try either/or but this method with the remote.conf in both locations works for me on MXQ and M8 devices.

Hi everybody, first of all many thanks to kszaq for the great work! I have an MXQ OTT TV BOX, the all black version.. tried many different build from 7 to 8.0.0 to the latest 8.0.1a in all flavors: mxq, hd18q m201...always the same, remote does not work. Yes, I tried to put the remote.conf from android in Configuration folder:

Code
    /storage/.config

over SSH, tried to put it in

Code
    \\your_box_IP\Configuration, even directly on SD..nothing. Tried he remote.conf from page 1...no luck. Tried some remote.conf from the net that someone did say to work...no luck..

Code
    Code
    What else can I try? Thanks in advance for your attention

Have you rebooted your device after putting the remote.conf files in their folders? This always works for me.