[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• 8.0.2b posted in OP. Changelog in short: performance improvements. :)

Thanks for the new release and awesome work again. Unfortunately, the sound issue is still there.

At least, I could find out, what the files have in common:

Audio: AAC 22050Hz mono 59kbps [A: English [eng] (aac lc, 22050 Hz, mono, 59 kb/s)]

It seems, Libreelec (or Kodi) has problems with AAC 22050 Hz files, because the sound gets distorted/broken.

Is there a way we can fix it in the settings somehow or has it to be done on your (developing) end?

• Hi,

I have some issues with 8.0.2b and H264 live stream.

This issue was gone in 8.0.2a and 8.0.2b-test but now when I watch H264 live, sometimes it pause, freeze some seconds and play accelerated until come back to live.

• Just FYI it seems the S905/options and S912/options files are pointing to kernel hash 1286521 which doesn't seem to exists and compilation fails.

Thanks for 8.0.2b ! perhaps consider adding a tag in git.

I had some HTTP LE source transfert issues, probably unrelated though.

GitHub now fully updated, forgot to do this earlier, sorry.

• Guys, sorry if this is obvious, but I've been trying to find the info here and failed.

I have the box MXQ Pro 4K s905.

Is the built-in WiFi supposed to be working on it?

• Guys, sorry if this is obvious, but I've been trying to find the info here and failed.

Not if it has the 9082 wifi chip. Are you sure it's 905?

• Hey Ray, have you moved to these builds now?

Everything works really well with just the very odd crash. Kszaq has done some really good work to bring Libreelec to these devices.

This latest build using the Marshmallow kernel has a darker picture in my opinion which is not that bad. Loving the addition of the LibreSSL libraries as i can now use the catchup tv addons in my country. Other than the this slow wifi problem on my device, which is hardly noticeable except the odd buffer while watching a movie, i'm really happy with it.

Hi Auxbox. Yes have had to move to LibreELEC of course on an old mutual freind's recommendation, as is really for now the only sensible way I know of to currently get Linux firmware on the latest S905 and S905X boxes. These boxes are now of course the generally available best buy boxes. S805 boxes that were compatible with other older Linux builds are no longer available and of course they are inferior anyway, and the other still publicly available Amlogic Linux builds we used to use do not as yet support S905 devices.

Yes I love LibreELEC and admire and respect Kszaq's great work and dedication here. So I have to say that none of us here benifiting from his superb efforts should forget to send him a coffee every now and then too. Every time I have some spare coffee available I send him a cup or two as it is so easy to send as it is almost INSTANT, or at least very EXPRESS(O), so it is never a GRIND ( intended puns - groan!! ).

The darker picture is a known bug with Marshmallow kernel but that minor problem is only immediately after boot up and disappears just as soon as you run a video stream, I actually do no see it but then again I do not have a UHD TV just a very good 5 year old 46" FHD Samsung series 7 which is still stunningly good. So thus no real need to upgrade this TV as yet especially when money is tight like it is for most folk these days. Nougat kernelk will I am sure eventually be fully sorted and utilised in future builds but Marshmallow is fine with me for now and for most folks I know running these boxes with LibreELEC. Now just about to upgrade my boxes to the now released 8.0.2b buildand test it out but his 2b-T1 test build was fine so I am sure this one will be for me too (many thanks again to Kszaq).

Great to be back in touch with you my friend and I am sure you are going to love it here too :)

Edited once, last by RayW: Amendments and typos (June 14, 2017 at 11:13 AM).

Just use the P212 dtb file. Used it on the MXQ Pro 4K as well and works like a charm (WiFi as well)

• The darker picture is a known bug with Marshmallow kernel but that minor problem is only immediately after boot up and disappears just as soon as you run a video stream

If you enable the startup animation, you effectively run a video stream prior to starting the GUI and so don't notice a darker picture at all :thumbup: