[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Well it happened again... and in LibreElec 8.0.1k Kodi I do not see this as an option for CEC Adapter.

Under System Settings -> Input
    Peripherals ->
    Enable mouse and touch screen support is on
    Configure attached controllers
    Reset above settings to default

Do you mean that, when you click on "Peripherals", the list of devices is empty?

• noob here with a new T95x 2/16. Want to try out libreelec. What is the recommended sd card size for this and average number of addons and skins?

8GB is heaps, I've got tonnes of add-ons and I'm not even coming close to using mine.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Did you try turning off overscan on the TV. Menu -> Picture -> Screen adjustment -> Picture Size, then change from “16:9” to “Screen Fit”.
    or maybe . “Picture Mode” / “Aspect ratio” change “16:9” to “Just scan”.
    I had a friend with these issues on older Samsung or LG and i remember the Overscan was somewhere in the settings above.

Thanks Kostaman for this suggestion about changing the P Size option to Screen Fit as it works well, but alas I found that the screen soon switched back to 16:9 default and having already reset the calibration to default (0,0) top left and bottom right, this left me back with the overscanning and loss of the screen edges all round. Meant I was having to contunually change the P Mode on my remote back to Screen Fit. BUT I found th eanswer as it appears that you can only change the screen size setting and other Advanced Display settings, so they stick, in Standard and Movie modes and I have always used Dynamic mode.

So I went to Standard mode, which you CAN edit and set it to Screen Fit. Then adjusted the picture settings so it is not quite so wishy washy as it is in Standard mode by default, and now with my final settings looks actually even better than Dynamic mode. Dynamic mode was great but tends to be a bit too contrasty and a tad too cool in tone. So now very happy as all my devices will now work in default screen settings without screen calibration. Certainly only see the picture improvements with the change from Dynamic mode to my new carefully edited Standard mode. Certainly the overscanning problem being fixed in KODI display calibration did not noticeably degrade or distort my picture, but this is now more convenient and is probably technically a better way.

So now happy and renamed the HDMI 1 source back as AV Receiver as the other suggestion to change the name to DVI PC did nothing at all as I suspected being surely only a name label for each HDMI source. My TV BTW is a 5 year old 46" Samsung Series 7 so the above info might not apply with other makes and/or models of TV, but hope it may be of help ot many others with similar TVs and using LE8.

Must say I am very impressed with 8.0.1k so far and have no problems with it I have found. Runs smooth as silk on my Beelink S905X box.

• Do you mean that, when you click on "Peripherals", the list of devices is empty?

No when I click on "Peripherals" the list I see are the 3 lines posted below:
    Enable mouse and touch screen support is on
    Configure attached controllers
    Reset above settings to default

OOOPsss... my bad stoopid me I did not select "Peripherals".. looking aging whileposting this I realize now its a split screen for Peripherals and Devices....
    By default its set to "Suspend" ...
    Changed it to "Ignore"

Sorry my bad...

Edited once, last by krash (May 20, 2017 at 4:50 PM).

• Hello,

Do these minor builds get updated automatically one after the other?
    Meaning from k to l for example?

Not sure what exactly did you mean. However, if you wanna upgrade your existing version with any version, just download the version to the /storage/.update directory, do a sync, and then reboot your device to let the LE get updated to the version of your choice. Be patient! This update takes sometimes to finish.

• Thanks Kostaman for this suggestion about changing the P Size option to Screen Fit as it works well, but alas I found that the screen soon switched back to 16:9 default and having already reset the calibration to default (0,0) top left and bottom right, this left me back with the overscanning and loss of the screen edges all round. Meant I was having to contunually change the P Mode on my remote back to Screen Fit. BUT I found th eanswer as it appears that you can only change the screen size setting and other Advanced Display settings, so they stick, in Standard and Movie modes and I have always used Dynamic mode.

Further to my post above I soon found that the edited settings on my Samsung TV still did not save and after about 30 minutes, or when you switch the TV off and back on, the edited screen settings are lost and all returns back to default in Dynamic mode. A bit of research and I found that even after the 5 years I have had the set it has always been in Store Demo mode ... duh. That was why it kept returning my screen settings back to default. Now switched off Demo mode and all is working as it should. :)

Useful info for those with Samsung TVs trying to get their screen calibration correct to their LE and KODi boxes and maybe getting this problem with their TV display returning to default settings all the time. A bit off topic so sorry for that but it is very much related of course.

Edited once, last by RayW (May 20, 2017 at 8:44 PM).

• What is this 'sync' you're referring to?

Just put the img and dtb file into /storage/.update using either Samba file sharing or scp or ftp or however you want. Just be sure the files have finished uploading before you reboot the LE box. That may be what he meant by "sync."