[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• When I change sdcard from LE8 to LE7 sd, the same device play the same movie from the same source without problem

What part of this is so hard to understand?

Do not compare Krypton to Jarvis. Kodi Krypton has a very different approach to Video decoding that stresses CPU more.

The 7.0.3.12j was perfect.

If you already have a perfect build at your fingertips, what are you hoping will improve?

Edited once, last by Poida (May 4, 2017 at 1:37 AM).

• If you already have a perfect build at your fingertips, what are you hoping will improve?

I don't hope nothing, just try to help make Libreelec 8 perfect too :)
    And addons and addon fixes will release later just for Krypton.

• For those running latest le8, do you also get massive frame skips with this test file. tried via nfs and usb. box is S905x. i know 4k is experimental but just wondering.

big buck bunny 4k
    bbb_sunflower_2160p_60fps_normal.mp4

Hello,

4K HDR movies work perfectly on my S905X box. I use an ethernet disk connected in NFS over wifi, and it's all working fine.

I have still to manually set on my DX750 the color space to BT2020, but apart from that all fine.

I noticed though that disabling "adjust display refresh rate" allowed me to eliminate this stutering in those.

• For those running latest le8, do you also get massive frame skips with this test file. tried via nfs and usb. box is S905x. i know 4k is experimental but just wondering.

big buck bunny 4k
    bbb_sunflower_2160p_60fps_normal.mp4

Yes, le8 gets occasional frame skips with some 4k videos, le7 doesn't. I know we're not supposed to compare krypton to jarvis, but if you use 4k, hdr, and/or 10 bit output, you should be using le7 anyway.

• can some one point me to the list of "supported hardware" for a le8 - s905 with 2g/16g that is currently available to buy (would prefer a remote that has a stop button on it) or pm me info thanks.

i searched but i cant seem to find the page currently sorry for being a inconvenience.

and kszaq awesome job

• can some one point me to the list of "supported hardware" for a le8 - s905 with 2g/16g that is currently available to buy (would prefer a remote that has a stop button on it) or pm me info thanks.

i searched but i cant seem to find the page currently sorry for being a inconvenience.

and kszaq awesome job

Is not it better to use your TV's remote control? It depends on TV, but many of more recent models support HDMI CEC protocol which would control your LibreElec device.
    I think Libre enables CEC by default. Just look up your TV model info on CEC on the internet.
    X96 with 2GB/16GB? Beelink MINI MXIII II with 16 or 32GB of storage? Vim (2/16)? Though these are all s905x devices. I own one of them.

Edited once, last by alexeiyo (May 4, 2017 at 2:07 PM).

• It happen every movie what i see. I tried with 23.97 and 24 fps movies, with or without subtitles.
    I cannot give you sample, because the official sample to small (only 1 minute), and the movie is big.
    Operation.Mekong.2016.1080p.x264.TrueHD.5.1 14.69 GB

I have K1 plus Combo @8.0.1j-test.
    I have tried first 10 minutes of the ^^^ movie. Not a single glitch. If this happens with "every movie" I'll search for a problem elsewhere. In your setting, TV, network, NAS, etc... I have also tried some 30GB mkv I found and still no problems. I have a windows NAS server with intel RAID5.

• I have K1 plus Combo @8.0.1j-test.
    I have tried first 10 minutes of the ^^^ movie. Not a single glitch. If this happens with "every movie" I'll search for a problem elsewhere. In your setting, TV, network, NAS, etc... I have also tried some 30GB mkv I found and still no problems. I have a windows NAS server with intel RAID5.

I also have stutters with Krypton builds. Apparently boxex with S905 work better than S905X

• I just tried Jarvis on a USB drive and for me 10bit output doesn't work (checked with AVR). This is the last gripe I have with S905X. Can the people, who claim to have it working, provide some details?

• I just tried Jarvis on a USB drive and for me 10bit output doesn't work (checked with AVR). This is the last gripe I have with S905X. Can the people, who claim to have it working, provide some details?

Is the fact that my TV's OSD shows HDR means it is HDR10?

• kszaq
    Regarding skipped frames on S905X.
    ukmark62 had very similar problem with latest Jarvis "k" build. I have it in newest Krypton "j".
    Skipped frame is always in the same place. The test file is Star.Trek.Beyond.2016.1080p.10bit.BluRay.8CH.x265.HEVC.mkv with active Adjust Display Refresh Rate. TV switches to 24p.
    I cut out a sample but skipped frame does not show up in it. It appears only when playing file from the beginning and it's very visible at 00:01:24

Things I did and non of them made a difference:
    - played the file via SMB and also from fast USB pendrive
    - changed all 1080 resolutions in Kodi settings (at 50Hz and 59.94Hz I have an impression that playback is smoother compared to 60Hz but it could be just impression). At 1080i playback is very jerky and there are some artifacts on the right side of the TV screen. All of them tested with active Adjust Display Refresh Rate)
    - changed graphics buffors from 2 to 3 in system/display
    - changed skin from one I use (mimic) to default
    - changed audio settings from HDMI to PCM
    - changed values of HQ scallers
    - turned off Adjust Display Refresh Rate (skipped frame is still there)
    - removed my advancedsettings.xml with audio latency

Jarvis plays this file without problems.

Here's the log:
    QHiO

Edited once, last by yatoya (May 4, 2017 at 5:40 PM).

• I just tested 8.0.1j.
    Unfortunately I am still seeing massive frame skips, have a look:

The remux in question does not even have a very high average bitrate (23500 kbit/s video + 4100 kbit/s audio = below 30 mbit/s average, peaks maybe at 40 mbit/s), so network speed can hardly be a limitation.
    Video only ran for a few minutes.
    Again, this plays perfectly in Jarvis. Not a single skip.

This is really weird.
    I am not able to reproduce those massive frame skips.
    Those occurred after I just updated to j and then rebooted.
    Is it possible, that another "clean" reboot is necessary for Kodi to run at it's best?
    I know this sounds stupid but I did not change anything else in between these tests...

I am still seeing skipped frames on high bitrate videos now, but those are rare, individual skips, not "bursts" of many skipped frames like it happened initially (screenshot).
    [hr]

jd17 try MKVToolNix 12.0.0 Download Free - VideoHelp to cut a small sample file

Thank you so much!
    I have been using mkvtoolnix for ages but I never knew it could do that! :)
    [hr]

I just tried Jarvis on a USB drive and for me 10bit output doesn't work (checked with AVR). This is the last gripe I have with S905X. Can the people, who claim to have it working, provide some details?

I was never 100% sure that Jarvis actually outputs 10 Bit properly.
    However, when I look at the usual sample videos, everything looks perfectly fine in Jarvis.
    In Krypton on the other hand, color banding is immediately obvious.
    For instance in the Samsung HDR Chasing the Light demo...

So if Jarvis is also truncating to 8 Bit, it does a much, much better job at it.
    I cannot see the difference between S905X Jarvis 10 Bit playback and my TV's internal media player.

Unfortunately my TV does not tell me if the incoming signal is 8 Bit or 10 Bit...

Edited once, last by jd17 (May 4, 2017 at 7:01 PM).

and kszaq awesome job

If you don't mind a bit of fiddling, if you get a Logitech remote eg 350, use the Pivos Xios from the logitech database, then create a remote conf.

there is a post about remotes & how to configure a remote conf

thread-2754.html?highlight=pivos remote

Might be worth looking through this thread-4264.html?highlight=remote.conf

• This is really weird.
    I am not able to reproduce those massive frame skips.
    Those occurred after I just updated to j and then rebooted.
    Is it possible, that another "clean" reboot is necessary for Kodi to run at it's best?
    I know this sounds stupid but I did not change anything else in between these tests...

I am still seeing skipped frames on high bitrate videos now, but those are rare, individual skips, not "bursts" of many skipped frames like it happened initially (screenshot).

OK I just figured this out. Sorry for the confusion.
    Those massive frame skip bursts occur in Avatar, whenever subtitles are displayed.
    Those are not external or selectable PGS subtitles, but burned-in original BD subtitles in that fancy Avatar font (for foreign language parts).
    I will try cut out a sample for you tomorrow kszaq.

Occasional frame skips are independent from that and I will try to find another sample for those too.