[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• kszaq maybe now will be possible to add internal dvb drivers for play2 with media_build drivers. codesnake created few days ago new build for play2 with media build / internal drivers

We discussed it with Codesnake and the media_build version is not working yet for WP2. When there's a driver that I can add, I will add it. For now it's not possible.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• My Beelink MX mini with LibreELEC (micro-SD) ensures with cec that the remaining devices like; Av-receiver and the Nvidia Shield TV are disturbed, and I have to reset "cec" there, I can disable cec disable in LibreELEC?

• My Beelink MX mini with LibreELEC (micro-SD) ensures with cec that the remaining devices like; Av-receiver and the Nvidia Shield TV are disturbed, and I have to reset "cec" there, I can disable cec disable in LibreELEC?

Yes, in settings => system => input => peripherals, then reboot.

• Something new in 8.0.1i, when watching live TV. When a commercial comes on with a different audio config (ie 2 vs 6 channels) the video continues fine, but the audio drops out for several seconds.

I see the usual log messages where Kodi is creating a new audio stream, but now they are accompanied by the following error:

Code
    ERROR: CActiveAEStream::Drain - timeout out

Oddly I just noticed this only seems to happen when the audio source switches from 6 channels to 2 channels. From 2 to 6 works smoothly.

• Thanks for the latest "i" build Kszaq. Weird though as I see others are testing this new build, but I just went to Page 1 of this thread to download it and it is not availabel there with the latest version still "h" whcih I have been running for the past week and all good on my Beelink MXIII II 2/16GB S905X.

Incidentally and as you probably know on first time installtointernal with these boxes I have to install to internal twice with this Beelink S905X model as it throws the well documented error after the first attemp. Is there anyway this can be fixed for these boxes that throw this initial installtointernal file system error? Okay sure it is only a minor annoyance I admit, so accept it would be a low priority of course.

Edited once, last by RayW (May 1, 2017 at 5:55 AM).

• Hi if i instal the img on internal memory... the system partition is 970MB.
    How can i shrink the partition to 500MB? I know how to do this on the raspberry pi...

And if i switch to another skin... how can i put the command back for: Reboot to nand?

Grz. Warez

• kszaq is there suspend enabled again in i build? If then i had a crash over night, because device didn't turn on, i had to plug power to get it running again.

• Incidentally and as you probably know on first time installtointernal with these boxes I have to install to internal twice with this Beelink S905X model as it throws the well documented error after the first attemp. Is there anyway this can be fixed for these boxes that throw this initial installtointernal file system error? Okay sure it is only a minor annoyance I admit, so accept it would be a low priority of course.

It's not possible to "fix" it because of the way how bootloader determines partition sizes.

[hr]

kszaq is there suspend enabled again in i build? If then i had a crash over night, because device didn't turn on, i had to plug power to get it running again.

Yes, for testing.

Edited once, last by kszaq (May 1, 2017 at 8:44 AM).

• kszaq: Hi, I just want to tell you in "i" build a/v sync issues are back for me with Minix U1 and using passthrough. Tested video was 23.976, AC3 DD5.1 Reverted back to "h" and everything in sync again. "h" version is pretty great btw - thank you so much.

• Hi all,
    First hats off to Kszaq for his amazing work and thanks to the community for their help.
    Now, I have spent some time trawling through the web for a solution to my annoyance. I have a samsung UHD TV connected to my mini mx 2gb 16gb loaded with the 8.0.1h version and CEC is enabled. When I turn the android device on it in turns switches the TV on but the resolution is wrong and I have to set it right in kodi settings. Is there a way the android device can load the correct resolution even if the TV is not yet on?
    TIA

• What are the "right" and "wrong" resolutions? I set my boxes to fixed 1080p60, and that is all I need. Refresh rates get switched depending on the media I play, SD and 720p videos get upscaled. Kodi will switch to 4k resolution when playing 4k media on a 4k tv.

• What are the "right" and "wrong" resolutions? I set my boxes to fixed 1080p60, and that is all I need. Refresh rates get switched depending on the media I play, SD and 720p videos get upscaled. Kodi will switch to 4k resolution when playing 4k media on a 4k tv.

Thanks for your input but I realize I was not clear enough. I set kodi system => display settings to 2160p60 when the TV is on but when I turn off the box and back on again it is set to 1080p60i. I was just wondering if the display could be set to 4K when switching the box on.

Edited once, last by nanouk76 (May 1, 2017 at 10:24 AM).

• Thanks for your input but I realize I was not clear enough. I set kodi system => display settings to 2160p60 when the TV is on but when I turn off the box and back on again it is set to 1080p60i. I was just wondering if the display could be set to 4K when switching the box on.

HDMI connected devices should be able to detect supported display modes even when the display is powered off. Display devices run some internals on standby power, and the chip that advertises compatible display modes is one of them. Short answer: Even if you boot the box entirely with the TV off, it will be able to read supported display modes.

If you turn your TV on first, give it ~15 seconds, then turn your box on, what happens?

Edited once, last by ky41083 (May 1, 2017 at 10:45 AM).

• Thanks for your input but I realize I was not clear enough. I set kodi system => display settings to 2160p60 when the TV is on but when I turn off the box and back on again it is set to 1080p60i. I was just wondering if the display could be set to 4K when switching the box on.

As I wrote, there is no need to do that. Kodi will always switch to the correct resolution when playing 4k media and your TV will have a better upscaler for the 1080 -> 4k upscale.