[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• This is not true. Wireless drivers are the same from 7.90.beta1 and for every chip other than QCA9377 they are the same from the very first Krypton build. Don't spread misinformation. You've been on this forum long enough to know that you have to provide logs and that I ignore posts without them.

You think I spread misinformation? Why should I lie here ?What will I get from it ?
    You are the only one who is helping us. I reply here with the expectation of getting help from you and helping you by reporting bugs.
    How can you provide log when in the network I cant see wireless network?

• How can you provide log when in the network I cant see wireless network?

Connect Your Box via cable to Your network, ssh to the Box and get informations

find sdio device
    find Android kernel modules
    etc.
    This information will help developer to find driver

Alternative You can use an USB wifi dongle

• The player Ѕ905Х function "Suspend" works perfectly, and without problems - just as well in S905. But if you disable the "Wired Network" - Suspend stops working.

I hope my experience will help return function "Suspend" the current builds.

Hey folks, I just wanted to confirm this behavior on my S905X Mini M8S II 2GB+8GB. I really really hope that kszaq can find a way to return the suspend function to the current builds now that we know that the wired network is a factor. Currently using a 8.0.1a build shared by user stormrev with reverted "no suspend" (thanks a bunch stormrev!), but it would be great to be able to keep up with new builds.
    I can't use the builds without suspend, because I'm experiencing the boot problem where the boot process is endlessly looping on the GoogleTV splash screen unless I disconnect my USB HDD. This happens with temp sensor disabled as well. I'd be more than happy to assist with additional logs if required.

• LibreElec 8.0.1g by far the best one yet still a couple hiccups but I must do some further testing and upload my findings but thanks again as always for all the hard work from everyone involved.

• I agree the best yet. I have this running from an SD card on two boxes and I would like to install a VPN is this possible while running from SD card. ;)

LibreElec 8.0.1g by far the best one yet still a couple hiccups but I must do some further testing and upload my findings but thanks again as always for all the hard work from everyone involved.

• The same here. 8.0.1g is a really good version for me. It runs stable, fast and I haven't seen any bugs during the last week. I run the version on 3 boxes from Nand (MXQ Pro 4K, Nexbox A95, TX3 Pro), watch H264 videos (max 1280x720 in 23.98, 24, 50, 60 fps) with 5.1 and 2.0 AAC and AC3, I hear music (flac and MP3 in 44.1k) and sometimes I stream videos from the internet.

Also really good: my Nexbox hang sometimes in boot with Version 7.0.2.009 (known bug). This never happened with 8.0.1g (I'm using the version with activated temp sensor).

Thank you kszaq for your work and for the great software!

• Hi all,
    Running on a V88 pro on nand.
    Version e no problems
    Version f decoder problems on ending of video
    Version g cant switch channels of iptv m3u

Keep up the good work! Love the speed and stability of libreelec on a s905x

Just tried update h channel switch is working

Edited once, last by davegrond (April 23, 2017 at 11:27 PM).

• What was wrong with 2160p output with the patch to support 4:4:4 output? I haven't had any issues with it on multiple s905x boxes and displays, but also am not sure if I should be looking for something in particular. In topic changelog it says, "...let's see if this fixes 4K for you"

• People were reporting screen flickering and 4K not working at 50Hz. There were no such reports before introducing the patch.

AFAIK Kodi has no support for multiple color spaces for the same resolution, so it can't be easily added, only worked around somehow for now. As I don't have a capable TV, I am unable to develop such a workaround.

Edited once, last by kszaq (April 24, 2017 at 12:18 AM).

• FYI: I run gentoo and build there. However, every now and then I have minor/major build issues as well.
    Especially since my gentoo is bleeding edge and sometimes presents build with newer host programs (e.g. gperf 3.1).
    It seems standard Android/LE/etc... build is debian/ubuntu friendlier.
    So now I have very minimal ubuntu chroot inside gentoo and I can build much easier (and equally fast).

I believe it has something to do with the version of BASH...

I tryed attaching a patch but it wouldn't let me, so you'll have to copy the below code and call it image.patch and place it in scripts directory where the file image resides and issue the following command.

patch < image.patch image

Hope that works,

Cheers,

Gary

• Awesome work kszaq! 8.0.1h seems to have fixed my flickering issues, here are my findings/settings...

LE-8.0.1g
    Resolution - 3640x2160p @ 60Hz
    Adjust display refresh rate - On start/stop
    Playing 4K Video - Works
    Playing 1080p Video - Screen flickers

----------------------------------------------

LE-8.0.1g
    Resolution - 1080p @ 60Hz
    Adjust display refresh rate - Off
    Playing 4K Video - Works but @ 1080p resolution
    Playing 1080p Video - Works (No flickering)

------------------------------------------------------

LE-8.0.1h
    Resolution - 3640x2160p @ 60Hz
    Adjust display refresh rate - On start/stop
    Playing 4K Video - Works
    Playing 1080p Video - Works (No flickering)

-----------------------------------------------

Device - Vontar - X96(1GB/8GB) - S905x

Edited once, last by iCanuck (April 24, 2017 at 2:24 AM).