[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• I also witnessed the following issues, are these known?
    - Skipping back (chapters) causes the video to freeze (1080p23.98 H.264 BD remux).
    - Colorbanding in HDR testvideo -> no proper 10 Bit output anymore?

Those are also Krypton only issues.

10 bit output never worked on Krypton.
    I also sometimes get frozen video, but only after excessive skipping (like 5-10 chapters in rapid succession). Using the seek bar seems to work better.

• Hi,

everyone. not sure if this is the right section. But I want to replace my Raspberry and get a S905(x) box instead, to run LIBREELEC on it.
    I figured it might be smarter to ask first which box is recommended and not buy and then hope that it is kind of supported and trying to get it running.

I was thinking about the A95X box with amlogic. Seems Generic though. I use ethernet, have 1080p with 24hz mode preferred. other than that I want the HEVC feature and maybe use my firetv bluetooth remote with it. CEC like it is now is fine too though.

edit: I found this thread
    List of S905/S905X Boxes that work with kszaq's build
    so I guess the A95x should be fine. I'll take any recommendations though. Kinda want kszaqs box. So I have "vanilla" support :P

Edited once, last by DMC_12 (April 16, 2017 at 1:36 PM).

• there is also an issue with subtitle positioning since previous version(8.0.1e), if i set subtitle position to fixed 900 height, after playing any video content the subtitle is shown at default height (1042 if i remember correctly), but if i press back button during playback the subtitle is shown on correct position see pic 2
    now i'm back on 8.0.1c, where i had no problems

Set subtitle position in system -> video setting -> screen calibration. Then play a video (subtitles still will be in wrong position), go to video options (the one you can set brightness and contrast), choose screen calibration, set subtitle position one more time and click apply as default to all video files (or something like that).

• Hi, 8.0.1f tests (MXV+ S905 1G 1Gbit):
    Audio stereo files - All files with all sample rates are OK and bit perfect - Thanks! Please keep this changes in your future versions... :)

All files with all sample rates are OK - Perfect!
    Video files:
    - Dolby THD is not working
    - DTS HDMA - OK
    - 4k High bitrate video plays has problem and DDTHD doesn't play (as above) - sample file "jellyfish-140-mbps-4k-uhd-hevc-10bit.mkv"
    - 4k video plays jerky - sample file "Samsung_UHD_7Wonders_of_the_World_Italy.mkv"
    - Hi bitrate 29,970fps BD rip plays jerky - sample file "Peter_Gabriel_BDRip_Test.m2ts"
    All sample files play smoothly and without problem with 8.0.1d version. "Problems" are from "e" version.

Thank you very much!

Edited once, last by Whitesak (April 16, 2017 at 3:03 PM).

• Dolby THD works fine for me, tested with different samples without any issues.
    Peter Gabriel sample plays fine, no problems, in the first second was another frame rate switch but after everything is fine, HW acceleration enabled and "always".

• I think I mentioned this once and other users with different boxes said it worked on theirs, but on my Mini M8S II S905X device DTSHD High Resolution Audio still isn't passed through properly to my AVR. I only get the DTS core. It doesn't matter what build I use. My AVR is capable of DTSHD HRA because I get it with my WD TV Live Streaming Media Player. Master Audio is passed through properly and so is Dolby TrueHD.

• I'm having a weird issue with 8.0.1f, although it could be TVHeadend42 at fault. When recording TV shows it's not actually stopping the recording when the show ends, it just continues on until it runs out of space. Are there any logs I can attach to help find what's up?

• I think I mentioned this once and other users with different boxes said it worked on theirs, but on my Mini M8S II S905X device DTSHD High Resolution Audio still isn't passed through properly to my AVR. I only get the DTS core. It doesn't matter what build I use. My AVR is capable of DTSHD HRA because I get it with my WD TV Live Streaming Media Player. Master Audio is passed through properly and so is Dolby TrueHD.

DTS-HRA playback with kodi in conjunction with some avrs is problematic, this is not amlogic specific. See this thread: DTS-High Resolution. What's the score?

At least with my denon avr, I needed to downgrade the firmware for DTS-HD HRA to be recognized better, but I still only get 5.1 channels, even if it is 7.1.
    [hr]

Dolby THD passthrough works fine here with my avr setup.

All files worked fine on my wetek hub (S905 with GBit network) over SMB.

Tested also S905 with 100MBit network, played Samsung and Gabriel video without problems.
    S905X with 100 MBit only played the Gabriel video, the samsung video playback was interrupted by buffering.
    [hr]
    One more idea for Whitesak: Did you make any adjustments in advancedconfig.xml? If so, please remove the file temporarily and check again. I use regular settings only.

Edited once, last by mmpp (April 16, 2017 at 6:47 PM).

• Audio output is way better than those previous versions but the Video at the end of play hangs and it needs 10-15 seconds till it becomes responsive.
    Thats the only disadvantage till now.
    And also the support for WiFi in KII Pro is missing, even after replacing the dtb file specific for my device, i am unable to detect wireless Connections. i am currently using Ethernet connection.

Hoping to find a solution for my problems. Thanks for your Hardwork Kszaq.

• For the most part, the playback at the end of a file no longer seems to freeze for a few seconds. However, I have one file that gets to the end and then Kodi freezes for about 30-40 seconds before playback stops.

I've put a sample that does this here - yH73dwzQTh

Thank you for the sample. I have a fix for this, will be included in my next build.
    [hr]

Hi, 8.0.1f tests (MXV+ S905 1G 1Gbit):
    Audio stereo files - All files with all sample rates are OK and bit perfect - Thanks! Please keep this changes in your future versions... :)

Audio improvements are thanks to Kwiboo and his patches for LE Amlogic kernel. Now that I got tid of audio pops I will not change audio for worse. :)

Thank you for the samples. I'll see what I can do.
    [hr]

And also the support for WiFi in KII Pro is missing, even after replacing the dtb file specific for my device, i am unable to detect wireless Connections. i am currently using Ethernet connection.

Hoping to find a solution for my problems. Thanks for your Hardwork Kszaq.

I also hope you can find a solution. Or if you want me to help you know what to do...

Edited once, last by kszaq (April 16, 2017 at 8:00 PM).

• I'm having a problem, sometimes when i watch a h264 video a green line appears at the bottom of the video.
    If i disable hardware acceleration that line disappears.
    What can i do?

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A3003 utilizzando Tapatalk

• Thank you for the sample. I have a fix for this, will be included in my next build.

Thank you for the samples. I'll see what I can do.

I've tested all these samples and works great on Neo U1 with the latest 8.0.1f build, no issues.

Edited once, last by blakey (April 16, 2017 at 8:38 PM).

• I have the same problems with 8.0.1e,downgraded to 8.0.1c and everything works flawless.Check 8.0.1c and see.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did that - see my comments in the quote.
    Apart from that: There are occasional (rare, but still annoying) frame skips in high bitrate 1080p content in 8.0.1c.
    All those high bitrate 4K and HDR testvideos won't skip a single frame in 7.0.3.012j.

It seems to be boiling down to network performance. Maybe too much overhead in Krypton?
    I access the same files both in Jarvis and Krypton on my NAS. I use the NFS protocol in both builds too.
    Box is a Mini M8S II S905X, so I know, LAN speed is limited.

However, using the famous "bird" videos to illustrate this ():

bird50.mkv:
    Jarvis: fine
    Krypton: fine

bird60.mkv:
    Krypton: a few frame skips

bird70.mkv:
    Krypton: massive frame skips

bird80.mkv:
    Krypton: massive+ frame skips

bird90.mkv:
    Krypton: I did not even bother to test
    [hr]

10 bit output never worked on Krypton.
    I also sometimes get frozen video, but only after excessive skipping (like 5-10 chapters in rapid succession). Using the seek bar seems to work better.

That is sad about the 10 Bit in Krypton.
    I am comparing to Jarvis - the 10 Bit output works perfectly in 7.0.3.012j.

I think the "backskipping freeze" comes sooner when it's a high bitrate video.

Edited once, last by jd17 (April 16, 2017 at 11:05 PM).

• Version F is still not perfect because of video glitch and delay with asynchronous av play.
    it cannot be our daily driver for sure. One thing is sure that audio quality is greatly improved. Thanks