[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• kszaq is 8.0.0e faster in switching iptv channels then 8.0.0d. 8.0.0d was rly slow 5 sec to switch between channels? in jarvis its like 1sec for hd. Thx for your answare

Regards Rok

Edited once, last by koomat.rook (March 10, 2017 at 10:30 PM).

• I tried ver. E finally and I'm having buffering problems with larger files from my NAS. I had the same issue with D, but messing with advancedsettings.xml was able to correct this. So far I haven't been able to make them play smoothly with E. Any Ideas? Just noticed my box doesn't have bluetooth either.

• I've just been having a bit of a play with that and when I run "cat /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq" after "echo 5 > /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq" it still shows as 666 on my s905. I tried "echo 6" out of curiosity and that's 666 too. Maybe the Beelink Mini MX III is limited to 666mhz?

It's not. You haven't updated your device tree.

• I tried ver. E finally and I'm having buffering problems with larger files from my NAS. I had the same issue with D, but messing with advancedsettings.xml was able to correct this. So far I haven't been able to make them play smoothly with E. Any Ideas? Just noticed my box doesn't have bluetooth either.

I have had the same issues with buffering with version C and E and it was suggested to me to turn off wifi when using Ethernet and so far it is working. Can someone please suggest what they have for advancedsettings.xml to help alleviate potential buffering issues...

• I have had the same issues with buffering with version C and E and it was suggested to me to turn off wifi when using Ethernet and so far it is working. Can someone please suggest what they have for advancedsettings.xml to help alleviate potential buffering issues...

<advancedsettings>
    <cache>
    <memorysize>50000000</memorysize>

<buffermode>1</buffermode>
    <readfactor>6.0</readfactor>

</cache>
    </advancedsettings>

Is what I've been using. I'm not completly sure that's what fixed it. It's hard to say when you do too many things at once. And I know I happened to disable the wifi randomly just trying things. I'll give it a try again and see if I can narrow it down to that.

• Hi Kzaq,

I am trying to add a WebDAV-server (HTTPS) as network location to LibreElec 8.0.0e but I can't access it.
    When I try to add the same WebDAV-server as HTTP network location to LibreElec 8.0.0e I can access it.

Both HTTPS and HTTP is enabled in the WebDAV-server settings on my NAS.

Is there a problem with the WebDAV-server (HTTPS) protocol in 8.0.0e?
    This problem does not excist when I try to add this same server in 7.0.3.012j.

Thank you in advance!

@kzaq Do you know about this problem?

• Hi kszaq,

I would really like to switch to your newest version (especally for getting kodi 17), but I stiil stick on 7.0.2.009 becouse this the only version where the audio upsampling (44.1 -> 48) was fixed. I while ago, you wrote that the audio driver had been reverted becouse of 'klicking and poping' sounds in version 7.0.2.009 but is will be upgraded when this issues are fixed.

In the meantime: is it possible to exchange this audio driver in an existing installation (e.g. your 8.0.0e) with the audio driver from version 7.0.2.009 (if yes, how)?. If this is not possible, my I ask you to compile a subversion with the changed audio driver?

Best regards,
    ippon

• I've just been having a bit of a play with that and when I run "cat /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq" after "echo 5 > /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq" it still shows as 666 on my s905. I tried "echo 6" out of curiosity and that's 666 too. Maybe the Beelink Mini MX III is limited to 666mhz?

Same here for t95max. Only goes up to 666Mhz, so you can stick at echo 4. Anyway, the default on my box was 400Mhz, so i still get a speedup.
    [hr]

It's not. You haven't updated your device tree.

hmmm. I had. Used the one provided in combination with 8.0.0.e download from starting post (p200_2G_1Gbit). Still only 666.
    Maybe i should give it another try.

Edit: my fault, tried with updated 8.0.0.e aarch64 variant.

Edited once, last by azido (March 11, 2017 at 4:29 PM).

• kszaq is 8.0.0e faster in switching iptv channels then 8.0.0d. 8.0.0d was rly slow 5 sec to switch between channels? in jarvis its like 1sec for hd. Thx for your answare

Regards Rok

Yes, I also see a massive difference in speed when switching iptv channels. In 7.0.3.012j it takes about 1.5 seconds to switch to the next channel. 8.0-8.0.0e takes about 9 seconds. I think that is a problem of the new version of Kodi and not Libreelec as the effect is the same for Kodi Kryption on Android.