[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• I had troubles connecting my t95max with 1 Gbit, too. As soon as i told the router to switch to 100Mbit for that particular port, it worked. My guess was the port on that box is broken or doesn't have all neccessary wires connected for stable Gbit. Might be the same for you.

Solution: get a cheap USB-Ethernet/Gbit adapter. Libreelec will detect it as ETH1 and you can use it with full speed then. Be warned that android itself does not detect it, so this will only help you in LE.

oh crazy t95max ;) thx for your answer will order 1 from ebay right now

• And same as GrafT for me with same box too
    i.e. don't see the issues frem is reporting

edit - quick question frem - are you using ethernet or internal wifi?
    One thing I found using ethernet is that it still shows a connection to wifi - that seemed to be affecting download rate for me and I always make a point of 'disconnecting' the wifi

Hey thanks, I am using Ethernet, but will try to disconnect the wifi and see how that works..

• I am about to order another cheap box as second device (for a fullhd beamer).

I found the MXQ 4K Pro and the A95X the cheapest in the market with 30 and 35 bucks.

One question: What to prefer, S905 or S905x?

Also, I could not find a cheap box with 2 GB RAM. I guess, they start at 50/60 bucks. :\

• There is no guarantee that a [chinese semi-known brand name here] box contains the same board or other components if you buy it two times. This is both because of "clones" trying to coat-tail a somewhat successful box, factories producing the same basic box model for different customers and the brands trying to source the cheapest components available.

There was a sale of a certain S905X box at amazon.de a few weeks ago. Single seller, all stock from the same amazon warehouse. People received boxes with different packaging, branding and wifi chipsets. Some are very happy, as everthing works fine with libreelec, other cannot get wifi to work. Android version is different also, with OTA for some versions, but none for others.

So I can only recommend to go with a top-brand, known-to-be-good and well-supported device: Get the wetek hub or the odroid c2 with a case.

• Hi,
    anyone tried running U1 on 792mhz? Any problems?

• There is a lot of mention about temperature in this forum. Are there any real concerns about high temperatures in relation to performance of the device or is it really nothing to be concerned about?

• Hi, I use this serie of builds and now specially the 8.0d one on my Nexbox A95X S905X (2G + 16G) box. Not Nand installed so it runs from SD. I don't no if it's an issue, but the bluetooth interface is always disable with these builds and I cannot find a way to enable it if possible. Can someone helps or clarifies on that.

TIA

Mine doesn't have BT... (1G version).
    I thought it was a missing driver...

• Hi,

I use a MXQPRO S905 and while kernel is loading there is a awful buzzy noise on av output.
    If I power on my amp before the box it may destroy my amp and my ears ! As soon as kodi start that's ok.
    Is there a simple way to mute av audio before kodi starts because muting in kodi does nothing.

LE 7 and 8 behave the same.

Thanks,

• There is a lot of mention about temperature in this forum. Are there any real concerns about high temperatures in relation to performance of the device or is it really nothing to be concerned about?

What I can say from my own 'ownership experience' is that many manufacturers of cheap TV boxes don't install CPU coolers that are up to the task. A tiny cooler with just the surface area of the CPU simply won't be enough.

• I have bluetooth headphones that are out of sync by just over half a second. Is there a way to change the audio sync only for the pulseaudio bluetooth device, so I will only need to change audio output in the future?

• renzz Correct. Echoing 5 will get you 792MHz for S905 and 742MHz for S905X. It might increase smoothness for very heavy skins, although I can see no difference on Estuary which is already running smooth here at standard speed (500MHz).

I've just been having a bit of a play with that and when I run "cat /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq" after "echo 5 > /sys/class/mpgpu/cur_freq" it still shows as 666 on my s905. I tried "echo 6" out of curiosity and that's 666 too. Maybe the Beelink Mini MX III is limited to 666mhz?