[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• I've installed 8.0.0e on my Minix U1, unfortunately it is now not responding to my IR remote. (I use a Harmony to control my system)

The remote will switch the device on ok, but after that, nothing. Is there a setting I need to change to make this work again? If there is, I haven't been able to find it.

Edit: I was running 8.0.0d, but this was a clean install. I had no custom remote.conf previously.

Thanks in advance.

Edited once, last by didge (March 9, 2017 at 2:38 AM).

• kszaq - I left a post for you (#1526). You may have missed it with all the posts today. I think you are the one best placed to answer my query.

I've read your post and I'm sorry but I cannot comment on multichannel or high-res audio for two reasons: I don't know know how the driver works and I cannot reproduce the issue due to no equipment. There's a hope that at least some of the issues will be solved with patches from LE developers.

By the way: I read ALL the posts on Amlogic subforum here but I reply only when I have something to say. ;)

Edited once, last by kszaq (March 9, 2017 at 6:54 AM).

• Hi there,

as i get some priv msgs asking questions regarding T95Max Box:

just installed 8.0.0.e on a new sdcard using pxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb as device tree and all seems to be up and running without a hassle.

Will report back here if i find something not working.

regards,
    azido
    [hr]

the new one allows running Mali at 792Mhz but only when you set the driver parameter.

Hey kszaq,

do i need to put the setting into autostart.sh or is that a one-time parameter to adjust?
    Things really speed up on estuary mod :) (btw: finally bought you a coffee to say thank you)

Edited once, last by azido (March 9, 2017 at 9:31 AM).

• I did report that I was getting the issue of an unresponsive remote which required a physical power off of my box (Minimx). But since I updated to 8.0.0d this issue has not resurfaced.

The only very very slight issue I can report is that when I use Advanced IP Scanner and then drop down on the libreelec box I lose the folder structure (SSH). It's my lazy way to copy updates. I have tried to remote to it using Bitvise (or Putty) when this happens and I get connection refused. A hard reboot of the libreelec box sorts it. So no real issue to be honest but thought I would mention it.

• Thank you... so I need a keyboard

Or if you have a smart phone or tablet you can download the Kodi remote app in App store or Kore app in Google play and long press of "i" (information) (Kodi remote iOS version) it will show you the same informations, tested on 8.0.0d.

• I've read your post and I'm sorry but I cannot comment on multichannel or high-res audio for two reasons: I don't know know how the driver works and I cannot reproduce the issue due to no equipment. There's a hope that at least some of the issues will be solved with patches from LE developers.

By the way: I read ALL the posts on Amlogic subforum here but I reply only when I have something to say. ;)

Thanks kszaq - I bought the S905 on the basis of previous posts which said it supported PCM audio in excess of 96kHz which seems to be the limit on the S905X. It's odd that I can configure Kodi to send 8 channels of audio at 192kHz ok, but the PAplayer (and videoplayer) both seem to fail at setting 2 channel audio at 192kHz. I assumed it was an issue with ALSA, but it may well be a problem with the driver as you say. Is there a forum or link you could recommend where I could follow this up?
    I dealt directly with some of the developers on the Kodi forum and supplied sample files several years ago when they were developing the audio engine for linux. My ION2 board player works perfectly at all audio resolutions with LibreELEC, but it doesn't have any 4k video capability which is why I went down the AMlogic route. So near and yet so far!

• kszaq:
    I again took a look at 10bit output and stumbled across this commit:
    PD#118490: hdmitx: add colordepth/HDR feature · LibreELEC/linux-amlogic@91205c5 · GitHub

Unfortunately /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/colordepth does not exist and I cannot create it:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # echo 30 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/colordepth
    -sh: can't create /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/colordepth: Permission denied

Is there anything that can be done about this?