[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Hey,

thank you for another cool release. I have a question to all of you. Do any of you notice that GUI is not as smooth anymore as it was in Jarvis?
    When booted up the GUI smoothness is pretty ok and then becomes sluggish over time compared to Jarvis releases...I don't notice any abnormal RAM usage, just the transitions in menus are not so smooth? It's pretty much the same if I use it on USB or SD card - it works flawlessly on the same storage in Jarvis.

I have the same feeling.

• Solution/Update: From another LibreElec thread I learned to disable/change HDMI-CEC settings in Kodi by going to Settings > System > Input > Peripherals > CEC. Problem solved!
    - - - -
    Just installed 8.0.0b on a NexBox S905 1G/8G. Previously ran 7.0.3.12c through 12i. Upgraded to 7.95.beta6 and instantly onwards to 8.0.0b.

I'm experiencing an automatic shutdown of Kodi after changing HDMI source away from my Kodi box (HDMI2) to Chromecast (HDMI1). Log file:

• Feb 21 09:30:37 Kodi: 09:30:37.365 T:4119078928 NOTICE: OnSleep: Running sleep jobs
    • Feb 21 09:30:37 Kodi: 09:30:37.365 T:4119078928 NOTICE: OnSleep: Stopping lirc

The shutdown behavior is unwanted. How do I disable this auto-shutdown?

Clarification: Kodi and LE runs perfect when in use (in my case, on HDMI2). If there's no activity, while the TV stays on HDMI2, Kodi simply dims the display (as intended) - and all is well, ready to resume. But if switch to HDMI1 (my chromecast), Kodi/LE will power itself off after a short period of time with the following two log entries: 1) "Feb 21 10:53:30 Kodi: 10:53:30.505 T:4119967760 NOTICE: OnSleep: Running sleep jobs" and 2) "Feb 21 10:53:30 kodi 10:53:30.506 T:4119967760 NOTICE: OnSleep: Stopping lirc".

This is part of your CEC settings, I have mine configured to go Sleep mode if I change input sources. I also have the TV recognize the box when it powers on so the TV itself turns on when said input is powered on.

• Hi all!

I got myself an android 6 box, nexbox a95x 8gb storage and 2g ram. I tried using the tutorial and downloaded the correct image and used rufus to get it onto a USB drive. I couldn't get it to the libreelec start screen. Any easy way to boot it up with this particular box? I don't have a button to toothpick either, right?

Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

• Hello everybody, I've got the TANIX TX95 (this one) box and I'm unable to boot into LibreElec on sdcard (and using a toothpick).

I've got two other boxes (one S905 and one S905X) with which I don't face any problem.

For this one, not any dtb.img is working, I tried all the S905X ones, mainly this one: glx_p212_2G.dtb but none of them make the device boot (I'm stuck on the boot screen).

Is this related to the fact that it has 1G Lan so probably a dedicated chip?

Can I give you anything to create a working dtb.img?

Thank you in advance!

Edited once, last by flipflop (February 22, 2017 at 10:43 PM).

• How did you get it to work on other devices? What apps/commands are you using if so?

Thanks in advance

• Maybe the website where I bought the box was wrong about the 1G LAN.

Anyway, I ran cpu-z, the box is well recognized as a p212 board...

On the other boxes, usual way to get it to work, first boot on SDCARD or USB (I don't remember well), toothpick method to boot into LibreElec. And I installed on NAND for one of them.

Regarding the last box where I can't boot, every time I'm stuck on the "AMLOGIC" boot screen, using a micro sd card, USB port 1 or USB port 2, LibreElec installed on USB Key and Micro SD card using rufus. I'm out of options right now...

EDIT: Booting to recovery using an android app gets me to the usual recovery screen, trying to boot from bootloader from the recovery gets me right to android (micro sdcard inside)

Edited once, last by flipflop (February 22, 2017 at 11:14 PM).

• Hi kszaq, been using your work on a box for the past month and have to say awesome work and much appreciated! Been experimenting a lot between the latest Jarvis build and this krypton one. In the krypton build, getting frame skips on 23.976 fps content. While looking at the codecinfo (ctrl+shift+o) while video is playing and it's reporting visible frame skips and I notice the pullup correction pc: is switching between 1 and none.

On the jarvis build, pc: stays at none and no frame skips are happening. In both cases refresh rate switching is enabled. Wondering if I'm the only one with this issue?

• Hi kszaq, been using your work on a box for the past month and have to say awesome work and much appreciated! Been experimenting a lot between the latest Jarvis build and this krypton one. In the krypton build, getting frame skips on 23.976 fps content. While looking at the codecinfo (ctrl+shift+o) while video is playing and it's reporting visible frame skips and I notice the pullup correction pc: is switching between 1 and none.

On the jarvis build, pc: stays at none and no frame skips are happening. In both cases refresh rate switching is enabled. Wondering if I'm the only one with this issue?

No, you are not. But the good news is, that the Krypton builds are getting better and better. The situation was much worse before Christmas.

I think we will still need a little patience until Amlogic boxes work as good as Pis, but there are good people working in their spare time to make our experience better. Thanks for all your efforts, BTW!!!

• Hi all!

I got myself an android 6 box, nexbox a95x 8gb storage and 2g ram. I tried using the tutorial and downloaded the correct image and used rufus to get it onto a USB drive. I couldn't get it to the libreelec start screen. Any easy way to boot it up with this particular box? I don't have a button to toothpick either, right?

Help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

I have the same box (but with 16GB rom)

I used the libreelec usb creator tool.

The toothpick button is inside the av port, at the base of it ;)

• Hello,

I upgrade my little S905X device to this version, and it really works great.

I want to thanks to kszaq for the great job and all LE community for the help.

Kind regards.

• I have upgraded my S905 device to this version. It works fine except I do get a larger number of freezes not when playing anything but when navigating around. The device becomes unresponsive and only an unplug of the power cable will suffice. This is definitely a greater occurance than on previous versions of libreelec on this device.

An annoyance rather than a show stopper

• Was runnng Beta1 with proper dtb.img on S905, then I updated to Beta6, but forgot to include dtb.img into Update folder.
    Now I see "Disks" menu item. Updated to latest 8.0.0b with proper dtb.img and still see Disks menu item. Is there a way to remove it?

• I have upgraded my S905 device to this version. It works fine except I do get a larger number of freezes not when playing anything but when navigating around. The device becomes unresponsive and only an unplug of the power cable will suffice. This is definitely a greater occurance than on previous versions of libreelec on this device.

An annoyance rather than a show stopper

Same problem over here with my s905,older versions no problem.