[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• I know they're completely different but Raspberry Pi's have the "HDMI_IGNORE_CEC_INIT" setting in their config.txt file, I guess we need something similar for Amlogic boxes so we can still use our TV remotes to control the box but don't control the box's powerstate with it. Is something like that already available perhaps? Are there HDMI-CEC config files somewhere that we can tinker with?

You can change that from the GUI, in Kodi 16 it's in Settings > System > Input Devices > Peripherals > CEC Adapter then choose if and when the device powers on and off, if the device pauses or not when switching sources, etc etc. I assume the setting is still in Kodi 17.

Edited once, last by her (February 14, 2017 at 12:48 AM).

• I find that the box shuts down after idling a couple of hours (it didn't shutdown/crash during playback yet btw). Is that a known bug?

You haven't somehow got the 'shutdown after idle' option enabled in the power settings, have you ?

Edited once, last by Poida (February 14, 2017 at 11:26 AM).

• The problem is that I'm not a mind reader and the only information from you is a box name which means nothing due to ever-changing hardware in the same models and that update did not work. I am preparing some fixes in update and booting process thanks to more detailed information form other users and you can hope that an updated version will work fine.

Ok, I'm not able to know what logs you need and where they are. That's why I asked first. But if other users had the problem and were able to give details that's fine by me.
    Thanks

• No problem here with chapter skip, in both directions works well.

Where?
    I did clean installation 7.95.beta6 and I tested it on iso blu-rays and mkvs. Result is always same skip forward is skip to the end.
    Update:
    This bug appears only when is set "Play next video automatically". Then skip forward is interpreted as skip to next movie!

Edited once, last by afl1 (February 14, 2017 at 8:43 AM).

• Where?
    I did clean installation 7.95.beta6 and I tested it on iso blu-rays and mkvs. Result is always same skip forward is skip to the end.

Minix Neo U1, 7.95.beta6 (temp sensor enabled, installed on SD card), tested with mkv, Blu-ray (ISO), DVD (ISO), no problem with skip forward/backward, I can skip to the next chapter and to the previous chapter without mistakes.

Edited once, last by blakey (February 14, 2017 at 8:40 AM).

• You haven't somehow got the 'shutdown after idle' open enabled in the power settings, have you ?

Thanks, but that wasn't it. Shortly after that post I noticed that the box turned off when my TV turned off because of HDMI CEC.

You can change that from the GUI, in Kodi 16 it's in Settings > System > Input Devices > Peripherals > CEC Adapter then choose if and when the device powers on and off, if the device pauses or not when switching sources, etc etc. I assume the setting is still in Kodi 17.

Thanks you, totally missed that one! I was pretty sure I ran through all settings (on expert) after upgrading to Kodi 17 / LibreELEC 7.95 but that one is hidden quite well. It's actually amazing how much finetuning you can do with regards to HDMI CEC already.

So as of now for me LibreELEC / Kodi 17 seems to run very well on my S905X (Sunvell T95M 2G), I will keep an eye on possible framedrops / choppy playback every now and then but that may have been solved by migrating my advancedsettings.xml to the new Kodi 17 format, but I will find that out over the next couple of days.

kszaq thanks again for an amazing job!

• How did you spotify working, what mixer settings are you using?

Im using the spotify version from here: Spotify for Kodi . it was a while back so I think I copied the cache files over to the right folders as detailed in the thread, and it works on the S905x. You need a browser session open on the box to authenticate otherwise.

When you say mixer? Assume you mean pass through? I've set channels to 5.1 and pass through on with all ticked for DTS/True HD etc to the AVR.

• Earlier builds give the option to reboot, power off, reboot to internal , but beta 6 directly shuts down the system.
    Anyone know how to change the power off button options to reboot and reboot to internal, i need them badly.

Thanks for all the support in this great community

• Hi kszaq. You mention on the first post that 3D and HDR are not supported. Have they been removed from this current build?

I can confirm that HDR works. The transfer function and color space are correctly signaled. Only problem is, output is limited to 8 bits, as it seems. I sort of remember someone mentioning a Deep Color mode on Android, so we might get the 10 bits on this build too.

• Earlier builds give the option to reboot, power off, reboot to internal , but beta 6 directly shuts down the system.
    Anyone know how to change the power off button options to reboot and reboot to internal, i need them badly.

Thanks for all the support in this great community

I have option "Reboot to internal" in beta6 build. Something changed after update, skin for ex.?

Edited once, last by blakey (February 14, 2017 at 4:20 PM).

• I have option "Reboot to internal" in beta6 build. Something changed after update, skin for ex.?

Using the default Kodi 17 Estuary skin, earlier build also same skin but i had the options, dont know what internal settings i have modified
    someone please help

• moin !
    JFYI:
    i want to let you know that 7.95.beta6 works on my nexbox a95x (1G/8GB) S905x box like a charm.
    tested today (so far): 4k video playback; live tv from tvheadend (max. 1080p); CEC ; DTS pass through to teufel via HDMI; airmouse

EVERYTHING (so far) works out of the box !
    fast as hell compared with the "old" pi3 !
    wifi (not perfect) but muuuuuch better than pi3 !
    less power consumption than pi3 so that the USB ports of my 4k-tv´s deliver enough power for that box.
    NO sporadic reboots or colored squares ;) !!!
    WOW !!!

ordered 4 more boxes of this type and will replace all my pi3 !
    will report more test results...

kszaq
    many thanks for your really good work !

• In that case unsupported means not tested and that I can't provide support. Nothing removed.

Kszaq sorry to bother you with this again, I am trying to build beta6 from source and I get an error on peripheral.joystick

make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/http://peripheral.joystick.dir/build.make:711: CMakeFiles/http://peripheral.joystick.dir/src/storage/De…iguration.cpp.o] Error 1
    make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:100: CMakeFiles/http://peripheral.joystick.dir/all] Error 2
    make: *** [Makefile:128: all] Error 2

full log is here
    LibreELEC.tv/build.LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-devel/peripheral.joystick-eeb6fec/src/ - Pastebin.com

Past builds worked fine on the same computer.

Any idea what might be going on? thanks!

• I can confirm that HDR works. The transfer function and color space are correctly signaled. Only problem is, output is limited to 8 bits, as it seems. I sort of remember someone mentioning a Deep Color mode on Android, so we might get the 10 bits on this build too.

Thanks!

• Have you read my answer?

Dobly Prologic on receiver display means how is processing sound in DSP, but actual input is strereo PCM.
    Go to Settings -> Player settings-> Videos: disbable "Sync playback to display"

Thanks, working perfect after I changed the setting.
    I was looking in the wrong place. :D