[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Great, but this box is a s905x one... No matter?
    Glad you're sure about that but someone WITH the box and the drive would realy seal the deal...
    Just to emphasize, saw on gearbest an actual complaint about a 1TB drive even not being recognized so made me wary...

No idea why their support would say that. I got my Mini MXIII II from the same source. It's connected to a 2TB (2.5") portable and 5TB hard drive (with AC adapter), both at the same time without any problems. Started from OpenELEC, they already broke the 2TB barrier.

One thing I experienced before was I had difficulties to read a 'old' portable hard drive on my M18. This was happened when I used an under rating power supply for the TV box and that portable drive needs 1 amp to power it up. Problem solved after I replaced the AC power adapter. So it is not the storage size of the hard drive but power consumption instead.

• I'm sorry,
    but I with a mini mx 1gb 8gb continuing to have the shots while playing movies 1080p 23.976 fps and 24 fps. I reproduce them from the local network. currently I use the beta 5, but I've always tried all libreelec versions with the same problem: every 20-30 seconds a small video shooting. It's normal?
    I is coming an wetek hub ... I hope I have the same problem.
    Thank's for your job.

• I have uploaded 7.95.beta5b build with some experimental changes:

• bumped NFS chunk size for possibly improved libnfs performance
    • removed waiting for a key frame in Amlogic decoder to fix some unplayable samples

Please report only regressions vs 7.95.beta5, I read all the posts and note what need to be fixed.

7.95.beta5b

• jochen02

I think your dvb usb is already included with the build. But why don't you just try it yourself?

Yes. That might be a way to go. ;)
    Currently I am using a media drivers build from odroid forum. While it's working o.k., I have problems to view DVB-T2 HEVC live. If I record something it's played without problems. When trying to watch live TV (H.265) kodi stucks at "buffering...".
    That's the reason to ask for updates. I'll buy another micro sd card for test purposes.

• You can, but wont be much use if your TV isnt 4K? And the pictures are not taken in 4K resolution either? If thats what you mean..?

My TV supports 4K. Kodi show resolution is 3840x2160@60, but this is fake resolution. Because GUI works on 1920x1080 and upscales to 4K. Photos in large resolution is the main content for 4k I have. Kodi is useless without native 4k support in photo viewer for me.

• I have uploaded 7.95.beta5b build with some experimental changes:

• bumped NFS chunk size for possibly improved libnfs performance
    • removed waiting for a key frame in Amlogic decoder to fix some unplayable samples

Please report only regressions vs 7.95.beta5, I read all the posts and note what need to be fixed.

7.95.beta5b

Wow, fantastic job, now is perfect without waiting for a key frame.
    Thank you.

Edited once, last by blakey (February 5, 2017 at 6:47 PM).

• Not if you state its an M8S. So I'd guess you'd be lucky if the S905X build worked on it? Someone else needs to chip in?

hello ,
    well eveything works besides wired network , i get a default time out IP 169.254 something ..
    i need som help with the network , maybe some config file i need to edit ?

• kszaq, can I ask you another question?
    Just saw this review (under Remote Control) that the remote server of the box is not working, therefore I don't think I'll be able to use apps like Yatse to control kodi, which I very much want to do.

"In the Mini MX III system it is also included in theory server remote control that can be used in conjunction with the app control AMLogic , with can control our TV-Box remotely from a smartphone or tablet if they are in the Same wifi network. Although we have the option in the settings this option does NOT work."

REVIEW: Beelink MINI MX III un TV-Box con SoC Amlogic S905X | AndroidPC.es - Part 3

BTW, this is the minimxiii ii version as seen on page 2 of the review.

Does LibreELec take care of that problem as well?

Edited once, last by CapHHH (February 5, 2017 at 7:36 PM).

• CapHHH The review is about Android, LE is not Android. You can use any app that remotely controls Kodi.

I know it's not and thank god for that :)
    Just wanted to confirm LE can do that.
    Barring any unforseen mishaps I've got a feeling one minimxiii ii will be on its way soon :)
    Many thanks, Kszaq :D

• Why would you need to switch skins and back when you listen to audio streams?
    Wouldn't the easy answer be not to do that? :D

What I listen to while I test skins is irrelevant. I concentrate better when there is background noise :P

Kodi also restarts when I play MP3 from NAS or local storage.

Crash-log attached