[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• I also did a quick test with beta 3 on my MiniMXIII II. Audio bluetooth works!
    Thank you very much for your effort!

Ditto!

kszaq, with the temp-sensor-disabled builds there does seem to be a bug (maybe not a bug, but different to the normal build) when using the kodi start-up animation, whereby a 'ghost image' of the last frame of the animation is displayed momentarily before the animation starts. I have not seen this issue with the normal build, is there some cache that is not being cleared in the crippled builds?

nvm: I've now seen it on the normal builds as well. (Maybe more to do with the animation itself)

Edited once, last by Poida (January 22, 2017 at 7:15 AM).

• Same for me.

This error is logged when trying to tune with the tvheadend addon from @kszaq's repository:
    > kodi tvheadend[2988]: linuxdvb: Silicon Labs Si2168 : DVB-T #0 - DTV_CLEAR failed [e=Inappropriate ioctl for device]

The addon from afl1's repository also works fine for me.

Strangely, both addons/apps have the same version: HTS Tvheadend 4.1.2401 ~ LibreELEC Tvh-addon v8.1.108

• Hi, kszaq

Thanks for this fix: "fixed "Cannot get MTD information for /dev/nand_env" error when setting/reading uenv variables"
    Now I can install into NAND of MK808b pro.

And also for docker, it's working great.
    Just installed some dockers from LinuxServer.io's Docker add-ons. Now I can have Plex server runs on Amlogic S905 device.

This is awesome !!!
    ;)

Edited once, last by pawnthep (January 21, 2017 at 3:49 PM).

• Hello,
    Use a AirMouse with a mini mx 1gb 8gb. I installed the 7.90.beta3 / ... everything seems to work. As with previous versions, having the air mouse with USB connection, I can turn off the device but can not turn it on. Is there a way to leave the active USB port even when off?

• Hey, i have nexbox a95x-A7N S905 1 GB, cant power on device with remote (i use orginal remote that came with box) , can you help me ?

Edit: i installed 7.90 beta 3

Edited once, last by Exp245 (January 21, 2017 at 9:36 PM).

• Edited once, last by GeToChKn (January 21, 2017 at 10:34 PM).

• Anyone's familiar with the retroplayer emulators? It's should work with kszaq built? How it's working?. I would love for some information. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

• when using the kodi start-up animation, whereby a 'ghost image' of the last frame of the animation is displayed momentarily before the animation starts. I have not seen this issue with the normal build, is there some cache that is not being cleared in the crippled builds?

nvm: I've now seen it on the normal builds as well. (Maybe more to do with the animation itself)

It seems to be present with all animations more often than not. LE bug or kodi bug, I wonder ?

• getting ready to update all my devices to Kodi 17 (a LibreElec pc, 2 x LibreElec RPi2 and 3 x LibreElec S905X boxes), I'm having trouble with the S905X.

It' s a Droibox Ares 2g/16g currently running 7.02.007 and everything is working great.
    I'd been having problems with tvheadend client playback reported here which is why I couldn't try a later kszaq Libreelec 7 build, so I though I'd try the beta of LibreElec 8.

I'm sad to report the tvheadend livetv playback issue is still there, maybe worse, (recordings playback fine) but I now have another issue where the mysql library doesn't work, something to do with the network dropping as a 'systemctl restart kodi' command fixes it until next boot. This was discussed briefly here but the thread seems to have gone dead since the start of Decemeber.

• Hello kszaq.

Thanks again for your great software support.

I received my Mini M8S II 2GB/16GB (S905X) a couple of days ago and now had the time to test a bit.
    Setting up worked great (thanks to your very good manual) and I copied LibreELEC to the NAND after successful video tests.

I am coming from a Raspberry Pi 2, which is of course a very mature platform.
    So I wanted to tell you what I noticed and what issues I am seeing at the moment.

Positive:
    - 4K/HDR seems to work fine for me, at least with the few demo videos I tried. TV is an LG OLED65B6V.
    - Speed is really great, much faster than the Pi of course.
    - HD audio bitstreaming works fine on all files I tested, A/V sync seems to be good.

Negative (high priority):
    - My biggest concern right now: I have regular frame skips. These occur in various (all?) normal h264 and x264 encodes I tested, both 720p and 1080p. All are clean encodes which work flawlessly on the Pi. I think all were 23.976Hz. Frame rate switching is active and does seem to work. Am I doing something wrong? I did not touch the defaults for hardware acceleration. Resolution is on 1080p/50Hz in the menus. Since the old AVR is now between the box and TV, there is no 4K support anymore.
    - Upscaling quality of SD videos looks awful. Very blocky and annoying. I disabled hardware acceleration and tried software decoding and even Bilinear upscaling looks better than the hardware accelerated upscaler. Is there a way to change that? 720p does not look good either and is much cleaner on the Pi.

Negative (lower priority):
    - The information given by PlayerDebug (old CodecInfo) is very scarce. You get much more information about what's going on on the Pi.
    - Skipping (like 30s, 10min etc.) in videos looks a bit scary with black bars "shaking" the video, but it does not seem to have a negative effect when the video is picked up again.
    - I always use the add-on "Unpause Jumpback". When I press pause it skips back 4s so I won't miss any audio. This does work with the S905X too, but the picture actually does not go back but freezes and only picks up again once the audio caught up to it... A bit weird.
    - I am using a USB IR receiver with a PC MCE remote. This works with the M8S as well, but pressing a button sometimes triggers another action like home or back or up/down/left/right. This is a bit frustrating.
    - SMB (Samba) seems very fragile at the moment (share from Synology NAS). Not a very big issue for me right now, since I can use NFS, but it might be an issue to others. Many times no SMB share is found at all. Sometimes it works after a reboot, but not always. The same shares are always present on the Pi.

I hope these observations help to improve the software.
    Maybe I am making some mistakes too and there is a simple solution for some things? :)

• I just put the 7.0.3.012c on an SD to see if my issues may be Krypton-specific.
    Fortunately, many of them seem to be. :)

- I did not see any immediate frame skips (nor were any in CodecInfo), but I need a bit more time for testing to confirm.
    - Upscaling of SD and 720p looks much better in Jarvis. No concerns here.

- Full CodecInfo information.
    - No weird shaking while skipping in video.

I will test if the other things are OK in Jarvis as well.

• Negative (high priority):
    - My biggest concern right now: I have regular frame skips. These occur in various (all?) normal h264 and x264 encodes I tested, both 720p and 1080p. All are clean encodes which work flawlessly on the Pi. I think all were 23.976Hz. Frame rate switching is active and does seem to work.
    Maybe I am making some mistakes too and there is a simple solution for some things? :)

I had the same problem with one of my TVs (Toshiba). The only workaround I found was to disable 24Hz frame rate switching.

Edited once, last by Poida (January 23, 2017 at 1:00 AM).

• I had the same problem with one of my TVs (Toshiba). The only workaround I found was to disable 24Hz frame rate switching.

Have to agree with this - I have several MXQ Pro boxes running either the Jarvis of Krypton builds and all suffer from occasional stutter when playing 23.976 H264 material - not a lot but enough to be annoying. It's been like this across all of kszaq's builds which makes me think there is an issue with either the amlogic kernel or drivers.

However, 25fps playback is silky smooth, and as I run my TV at 1080p/50hz, I have now enabled "sync playback to display" in Kodi to speedup 23.976 to 25fps and it plays without a single stutter. Sure, using this option does mean you can't use audio passthru anymore, and the audio is resampled, but I'm not an audiophile and can't hear the difference.

Maybe one day we will have silky-smooth playback at 23.976.