[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• I've just installed beta 2 and I'm not sure deinterlacing is working as it should. It's not showing scanlines most of the time but it feels like it should be smoother, and sometimes as camera shots change you'll briefly glimpse the scanlines. In the "video settings" menu "deinterlacing method" is set to "off" but greyed out. I've just upgraded from 7.0.3.012c and that seemed ok. This is while watching Live TV (Freeview HD in UK DVB-T2).

I tested deinterlacing on a few samples that I have and noticed no such behaviour. Can you provide a sample? Also make sure that you don't have any deinterlacer module parameters set in autostart.sh.

• Ok I ran into two problems so far I am not sure if they related to my device list tree or not..

I connected my external HDD to the box and went to install from respiratory the download keeps being stuck at 0%

While the cable is connected I tried to connect to wifi but I did get a error Remotecontrol app or something

And my remote if I press on shutdown button it shuts down my TV not the box happend on two TV's now

Would love if someone can answer me if I do maybe something wrong?

• Hello there,

First thanks for your hard work, my mxq box quick play started to live again since I put LibreElec on it!

I just updated to the beta 2, but forgot to put dtb.img in the update folder (system is installed on nand). After that, I couldn't boot, so I booted again from sd card, and I don't have wifi anymore. I doesn't even show up in the LibreElec settings.

I tried several dtb images just in case (I'm normally using the 1G_1Gbit_Realtek_Wifi image), I installed to NAND again (so now boot is working), but nothing fixed the problem of wifi not showing up anymore (bluetooth doesn't work either anymore, since its handled by the same chip, I hope this isn't the chip that simply died...). It's working fine through ethernet.

I wanted to give you some of the logs to help, but I didn't find anything relevant as I'm not sure where to look.

Do you have an idea about what's going on?

Thank you in advance!

PS: Just to inform, I had a lot of booting issues with older versions(my device was booting 1/3 of the time), but since the last RC builds, everything is working great!

Edited once, last by flipflop (January 15, 2017 at 10:58 PM).

• Beta2 fixes my long-standing issue with one particular type of mkv file that was played fine on Android/Kodi Krypton as well as on S805 SoC but not on my S905 (see LibreELEC).

ASS subtitles that include motion (floating karako letters, moving signs and similar) slow down playback and in several cases crash my wetek hub running beta2. I am currently demuxing the subtitles from some files and try to trigger the crash independendly of the video.

• kszaq

Thanks for the new update.

But with the new beta2 I have problem with my dvb-usb t2. (Geniateck Mygica T230) It worked perfectly before with beta1.
    - Scan results in tvheadend webui give me with fail scan.
    - When trying to watch in tvh client it shows "No free adaper available."
    - Maybe this has something to do with the "disabled AML_I2C to possibly fix some external DVB tuners"? or maybe with new TVheadend being updated to 8.1.109?

Ps. I noticed that there is new line (the second line below with "Modules linked in .....") comes with the new update.

Edited/Corrected:
    I think my dvb-usb problem is with tvheadend server addon. I uninstalled the updated version and reinstall another one (from afl1's thread)
    Now it's working as before. :D

Edited once, last by pawnthep (January 16, 2017 at 4:58 AM).

• kszaq, Interesting fact. Device: Plater MX86 (2G/8G/1000LAN/OTG). Both Jarvis and Krypton have a low success boot chance ratio if installed internally, around 1 from 10. If Kodi executed from old slow flash usb drive then success boot chance ratio increased to 9/10.

• Thanks kszaq - in the meantime, I have a question about default framerate. When my box (s905x 2GB) boots up it seems to default to 1920x1080p60. I would prefer if it it used 1920x1080p50 as most of the stuff I watch is TV or DVD from Europe. I know the framerate will adapt depending on the source material, but I would like it to default to 50Hz.

I’ve always used Kodi/System/Video output 1920x1080p @50
    Not sure this is your issue.

• Gregoir3 Centurione BT Audio problems with MiniMXIII II may be due to low baud rate used in hciattach. I will bump it in the next build. This will either fix BT Audio or break BT completely. ;)
    [hr]

This is set by u-boot. Try fw_setenv hdmimode 1080p50hz; fw_setenv outputmode 1080p50hz.

Unfortunately the baud rate bump did break BT. Still many thanks for the effort.

• I tested deinterlacing on a few samples that I have and noticed no such behaviour. Can you provide a sample? Also make sure that you don't have any deinterlacer module parameters set in autostart.sh.

I think it may have been a fault with the broadcast of Dragon's Den as I haven't noticed it since. I'll keep my eye open and try and record a sample if it pops up again.

• I’ve always used Kodi/System/Video output 1920x1080p @50
    Not sure this is your issue.

That's my default setting in Kodi. However, I noticed that, on reboot, Kodi was showing the refresh rate as 60. I had been using the Confluence skin which is where I noticed it. I've switched back to Estuary (not sure I like the bigger icons and font in the new version of Estuary!) and it seems to switch from boot default of 60 to 50 ok. In any case, I implemented the u-boot parameter changes as suggested by kszaq and it now uses 1920x1080x50 from initial boot so the issue is resolved, thanks. I wouldn't have thought the skin would have had any influence on the frame rate but there you are...

• hey guys I got a problem if I try to install Add-ons I got the zip files, on my External hdd I get the error cannot download add-on the download keeps being stuck at 0%

One add-on installed but if I try to open Repository I get the error Could not connect to repository while my box is wired and connected according the network setting

Do you guys think I need to try a other file from the device list tree?

• I think it may have been a fault with the broadcast of Dragon's Den as I haven't noticed it since. I'll keep my eye open and try and record a sample if it pops up again.

Sorry to quote myself here but I think it may still be happening. I have a clip of Dragon's Den from last night, it's not a long clip but it does sometimes show my issues. It doesn't always though so I'm not sure what that's about. As I mentioned earlier the playback is sort of stuttery at times and sometimes shows scanlines when changing cameras, but not always, and not always at the same times when rewatching. I noticed this again earlier on a different channel but wasn't able to get a clip. The weird thing is that MediaInfo says that the file is progressive and not interlaced.

I've uploaded the clip @ Dragons'%20Den.ts It's about a minute long and 50MB.

• All my Add-ons working now I installed a another one from the device tree but I noticed the streams just freezes upon 5 secs it buffers completely while this is not happening in the original Kodi 17 any suggestions?

• Hey,it's getting better and better still. Still have the audio sync issues though when using passthrough - does anybody know what broke it? As I am reading this many people have the same problem but use advancedsettings for walkaround but still...
    Thank you so much for all your help