[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• ok, thanks kszaq for the explanation,

Official WH builds are aarch64 whilst my builds are arm and also are for all S905 devices, not only WeTek Hub. It should be safe to update to my build with .nocompat although you may need to reinstall your addons, you can read how to do this here: LibreELEC

My branch is not guaranteed to work with any target other than S805/S905 and arm ARCH.

Could you tell me how to compile your branch?

I tried:

Code
    PROJECT=Generic ARCH=arm make image

But it doesn't work. I'm getting this error message:

Thank you.

Pitou!

• PROJECT=S905 ARCH=arm make release

Edited once, last by Gendo (January 13, 2017 at 3:46 PM).

• Thanks kszaq for all your hard work on this! I have probably an unusual question. I am trying to make my s905 work as an emulation machine, so far I have gotten the newest Lakka to work by using the kodi addon, I placed it in the autostart and now it boots directly to retroarch, which is wonderful for me. But I want to go a step forward and remove kodi from your builds and have it boot something else, like retroarch (basically the same I am doing now but without kodi at all) but I am stuck on how to do that in your source code, could you point me in the right direction? Or this is simply not possible?

Thank you!

Sent from my Lenovo K50-t5 using Tapatalk

Edited once, last by niabi (January 13, 2017 at 4:30 PM).

• s I also have lirc occupying around 40% cpu according to top, command "/usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd"
    want a log for that as well?

hmm, sorry for maybe having misled everyone. I have the same behaviour on older builds as well, in fact every build I still have on an SD card (7.0.3.012 and older 7.90 builds).

Code
    2723 root      20   0  584304 177264  25680 S  35.6  9.6   9:33.93 /usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin --standalone -fs --lircdev /run/lirc/lircd

this seems a bit excessive for cpu utilization, doesn't it?
    or is this kodi + lircdev? still, is 35 % cpu normal on s905x devices when kodi is idle? sorry if this is completely noob.

• kszaq on a clean install of 7.90.beta1 (2017-01-12) a freshly installed hyperiond from LibreELEC Add-ons repository is not starting. Getting following error:

Code
    ./hyperiond: error while loading shared libraries: libprotobuf.so.11: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Edit:
    The Hyperion version in the repository seems to be buggy. Raybuntu's version from the Odroid forum works:
    ODROID Forum • View topic - LibreELEC Krypton/Leia/Agile 64bit kernel 32bit libs

Edited once, last by flynn (January 13, 2017 at 7:40 PM).

• kszaq
    The following buttons don't work
    1= PLAY
    2= PAUSE
    3= STOP
    4= Fast Forward
    5= Rewind
    6= long press OK

• Gendo

PROJECT=S905 ARCH=arm make release

Thanks, it works fine!

kszaq,

Just want to say that your build works incredibly well on my Wetek Hub! All my VC1 videos works great now along with some others that didn't work before.

Thank you very much for your hard work!

Pitou!

• [hr]
    People with remote control issues:

• reboot your box
    • press the buttons that do not work (and note the order of pressing)
    • post result of the following: dmesg | paste and cat /tmp/remote.conf | paste

I have checked my boxes and all factory remotes work fine, I really need the logs to debug this.

If you need more logs I'll upload one tomorrow - replacing a hot water tank is taking priority tonight. :@

• kszaq
    TX3 Pro s905x 1g:
    No buttons on the remote do seem to work.

This is my key sequence:
    1. Power
    2. OK
    3. Up
    4. Down
    5. Left
    6. Right
    7. Menu
    8. Home
    9. Return
    10. Mouse
    11. Vol-
    12. Backward
    13. Forward
    14. Vol+

dmesg: BHRf
    /tmp/remote.conf: heZa

• goooo You have a wrong remote.conf.
    [hr]

But I want to go a step forward and remove kodi from your builds and have it boot something else, like retroarch (basically the same I am doing now but without kodi at all) but I am stuck on how to do that in your source code, could you point me in the right direction? Or this is simply not possible?

It's certainly possible but I don't know how to do this, sorry.

Edited once, last by kszaq (January 13, 2017 at 10:09 PM).

• My box freezes when cleaning the library, not an issue for me, anyone else?
    ***Edit*** Shouldn't say freeze, but the gui locks up you cant do anything to get out of the Cleaning Library Window, sound still works, and ssh works.
    Running:
    LibreELEC (community) Version: 7.90.beta1-temp_sensor_disabled
    LibreELEC git: 869b1877659a52fb98a8d02b2d0b41d1d4b088a9

No big deal from me just thought it may be a bug, and reporting.

Edited once, last by rbXtnc (January 14, 2017 at 4:54 AM).

• Hi Guys.
    It's normal that when i'm watching movie with TrueHD 7.1 and stopped it and then resume it, there is no sound?
    Only skipping beetwen 5.1/7.1 for about 5-10 second and then skipping frames, freezes etc. . And it's no defference if i'm watching by Receiver ( Onkyo 808 HDMI ) or TV directly ( HDMI )

• Now in the correct thread:

Did some testing of Beta1 on my wetek hub yesterday. I was surprised how well this version coped with my file collection and tv setup.

• no problematic files found (hevc main and main10, h264 both 8 an 10 bit, mpeg4 in mkv and mp4 containers), chapter and manual skipping worked fine. Will continue testing with some of the older files (divx5, ogm and avi containers)
    • MPEG-Dash with the latest inputstream for raspberry pi2 from kodinerds.de works fine with the youtube plugin (1080p youtube, yay!)
    • twitch.tv plugin works fine, but I had one hiccup: when I selected a live stream that I played before, it offered to "continue at X:XX" (the duration of the last time I viewed it) and when I selected it, the box froze completely. Never saw this on Jarvis, but suspect the plugin as source of the problem. Sadly, it is not easily reproduced
    • PVR with the tvheadend plugin works flawlessly, tested SD mpeg2 (576i), HD (h264 720p and 1080i) and 4k DVB-S2 transmissions). Channel switching times are slightly more than the latest Jarvis version
    • all remote buttons worked

Did not test audio passthrough yet. Cannot reproduce the problems from jakotaki007 with my TrueHD7.1 files when using kodi software decode to 2-channel hdmi.

Edited once, last by mmpp (January 14, 2017 at 10:50 AM).