Posts by Pitou

1- I updated to Beta1 from 1st post and it was working well
    2- I updated using the latest GIT from official LE. (own compilation). Lost IR.
    3- I updated using Beta2 from 1st post and still no IR
    4- Downgraded to Beta1 from 1st post and still no IR.

Can you guide me on how to get back on track?

What do I have to do to inject the dtb.img file?

Thank you.

Pitou!

ok, thanks kszaq for the explanation,

Official WH builds are aarch64 whilst my builds are arm and also are for all S905 devices, not only WeTek Hub. It should be safe to update to my build with .nocompat although you may need to reinstall your addons, you can read how to do this here: LibreELEC

My branch is not guaranteed to work with any target other than S805/S905 and arm ARCH.

Could you tell me how to compile your branch?

I tried:

Code
    PROJECT=Generic ARCH=arm make image

But it doesn't work. I'm getting this error message:

Thank you.

Pitou!

kszaq,

Thanks very much for this build. It incorporates great fixes that should make my Hub up and running. So far with the Wetek Hub, it's not really usable.

Now, I tried 2 things:

1- Tried your image in post #1, but I'm getting the error that it's the wrong arch. It suggests to create the ".nocompat" dir. Is it safe to do it?
    2- I tried to compile your git branch, but I'm getting this error at the very end:

Code
    Number of gids 2
        root (0)
        unknown (81)
    cp: cannot stat 'build.LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.aarch64-8.0-devel/image/system/usr/share/bootloader/dtb.img': No such file or directory
    Makefile:12 : la recette pour la cible « image » a échouée
    make: *** [image] Erreur 1

Now I think it's because of the bootloader upgrade on the Hub to fix the power on issue with the remote. Mine is already updated and/or I don't really need it for now.

Is there a way to bypass this or to include the "dtb.img" file in the compiling process?

I tried copying it from the official git and as soon as I type "make" it gets deleted.

Thanks for your help!

Pitou!

I did some more tests for VC1 and noticed this:

- It works ok with 7.90.005 and .006 but not on .007 and .008 and up
    - I noticed that on .006 there is no serial console available. On .007, .008 and up serial console is enabled.

Could it be related?

Regards.

Pitou!

ok thanks for the answer codesnake

2 questions:

1- Can I compile my own 7.x build from the GIT? If so what git clone command should I use?
    2- I'm running a higher version. Can I just put the 7.x .tar in the .update and reboot? Will it downgrade?
    (I'm running it using mysql and I still have my previous tables for kodi 16.1)

Thank you.

Pitou!
    [hr]
    ok I found out I can do a:

git checkout 7.0.2

but when trying to choose a project, Wetek Hub is not there. What would be the equivalent? Core or Play?

Pitou!

Hello,

I'm running Libreelec-git that I compiled myself on a Wetek Hub and I'm having issues with VC1 video that stutters and also 4k video clip that doesn't work.

Would it be better to run the precompiled binary of libreelec 7.0.2 or 7.1 with Kodi 16.1?

Any idea?

Thank you.

Pitou!

Anyone interested in supporting this box?

Hello,

I would like to know if HDMi support can be better with this box.

So far, I cannot use passthrough audio (not in the kodi menu) or let it decode and send it as multichannel LPCM.

Everything I get is just Stereo left/right.

Do you know if it's possible to get more from this box or is it simply a chipset limitation?

I'm ready to do some tests and help debug and improve the support if any developer is interested.

btw, I've compiled my own version using the latest git snapshot. (I also do a git pull almost every day and recompile) :)

Thank you.

Pitou!