[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Can someone help I'm trying to compile kszaq build from source (to try some modifications later) I can only build release by using PROJECT=S905 ARCH=arm make release this creates a tar file but when i use it to upgrade from kszaq 23rd dec build i end up with a blank screen (i can ssh to box) I i try to build using PROJECT=S905 ARCH=arm make image it fails at the end with
    image: creating part2...
    image: creating filesystem on part1...
    image: creating bootloader configuration...
    image: installing u-boot bootloader...
    image: copying files to part1...
    image: copying dtb to part1...
    image: extracting part2 from image...
    image: creating filesystem on part2...
    image: populating filesystem on part2...
    image: error happen...

Error: [Filesystem error] /tmp/tmp.JEExJmHhPb/part2.ext4 cannot be opened.

Any pointers?

Update: ok there is some bug when building populatefs (i get a 152k binary) built it on ubuntu get only 42k binary - replaced the one in toolchain with one built on ubuntu host (outside of LE build environment) and build no completes successfully.. however after it installs i still get a blank screen. what am i doing wrong? ps my build is a00+ k bigger that kszaqa'

Edited once, last by Gendo ().

• There is different approach to fix v3. I'll try it and let you know.

Just to let you know: the latest media_build needs some more kernel patches and build tree patch to work fully. I will upload them in a few days.

• Quick question please guys, difference running libreelec on Beelink minimxiii (S905) and minimxiii ii (S905X) is that on S905X model Bluetooth is not gonna work ?

• kszaq: I'll like to ask about VC-1 fest-stuttering. I have only few VC-1 video. I tested one of my favorite Bluray: Eagles - Farewell tour without any issue, no stuttering. As you can see in following picture, video decoder use hw (am-vc1) and also cpu load is very low.

Edited once, last by afl1 ().

• CGarces Adding /opt and using entware is easier than compiling what I need from the scratch with all dependencies.
    [hr]
    Does anybody know how to show dmesg during boot on LibreELEC installed on Android box? I would like to debug issues with random hang on boot, at least would like to see whats happen on console during boot freeze.

Edited once, last by art.sormy ().

• CGarces Adding /opt and using entware is easier than compiling what I need from the scratch with all dependencies.

This is rather a general LE request and not build-specific. I would rather not change how a general idea of LE file system works due to dragons.

Does anybody know how to show dmesg during boot on LibreELEC installed on Android box? I would like to debug issues with random hang on boot, at least would like to see whats happen on console during boot freeze.

Serial console is your friend. You need to disassemble the box.

• Serial console is your friend. You need to disassemble the box.

Too bad, everything works great for me except booting still sometimes on my Minix U1 so I'd like to help if possible figure out why. I've also had two times it's frozen fully and I had to reinstall in order to get it back as it wouldn't boot, just stays at the Minix screen forever. Other than that, great work. Works better than anything android has including SPMC which was close, but still doesn't handle my 4K, DTS, surround audio and other thigns very well.

KSZAQ, do you have a paypal donation, I'd send you a few bucks for your efforts.

Edited once, last by GeToChKn ().

• KSZAQ, do you have a paypal donation, I'd send you a few bucks for your efforts.

His paypal link is on the end of this post: LibreELEC

Wetek Hub: LibreElec 8.2.3.1 (Philips 42PFL8404)
    MK808B+: LibreElec 7.0.2.7 (Samsung UE55H6270)
    OTT MXQ Pro 4k (S905): LibreElec 7.0.3.12k (Denon X1200W, 7.1, LG PF1500G)
    AKASO HM8 (S905X): CoreElec 9.0 dev build, Acer Revo 3610: Milhouse test