[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• kszaq: is there a wqy I can do some testing or somezhing to figure out how to fix the cracklicng/popping sound? Maybe an experimental build or something? I dont mind burning a new test version multiple times just to get rid of this crackling! I love LE but its really annoying, and if theres a way to get rid of it id like to help.

Or on what is it based? Do everyone have this issue and just ignore it or is it based on X? Whats X if yes? Tried to send you PM but you have it disabled :angel:

I'm aware of the issue. When there is something to test I will surely post a test build for everyone.

Edited once, last by kszaq (November 18, 2016 at 2:06 PM).

• kszaq: is there a wqy I can do some testing or somezhing to figure out how to fix the cracklicng/popping sound? Maybe an experimental build or something? I dont mind burning a new test version multiple times just to get rid of this crackling! I love LE but its really annoying, and if theres a way to get rid of it id like to help.

Or on what is it based? Do everyone have this issue and just ignore it or is it based on X? Whats X if yes? Tried to send you PM but you have it disabled :angel:

hi
    me too i have cracklicng/popping sound !
    (Mini MX and Mini MX III (2/16GB) )

Edited once, last by astouz2k (November 19, 2016 at 7:40 AM).

• kszaq: thanks for answering. Also to others who replied. So for now, in my scenario, nothing I can do.

I know it's not my hardware because using SPMC (android KODI fork) on stock box's android works perfect. (my box is amlogic s905 beelink minimxiii 2/16).

So it must be LE related, it happens on both .009 and 7.9 builds for me. So hopefully we get this fixed, will gladly test all versions and cant wait ntil this is fixed, so I go to LE.

• I have no popping/crackling issues here during playback, only one pop whenever the audio interface goes to sleep or wakes up. Setting Kodi "Keep Audio Devices Awake" to Always fixes that (it's a kludge though.)

Hard to say without hearing it, but crackling sounds during playback are often due to a sample rate mismatch. Try setting the rate to fixed and experiment with various values (48000, 44100, etc.)

• If i play a movie, i have no popping/crackling on my Beelink MINI MXIII II TV Box Amlogic S905X Quad Core - 2GB+32GB EU. only in the home screen in Kodi sometimes if i play nothing. Wifi and Bluetooth also not working, but is a known issue on this Beelink box i read yesterday. (i am on the latest dev build 2016-11-19) The rest is working fine here. On my Qbox 2/16GB everthing 100% including wifi and bluetooh :)

• I have no popping/crackling issues here during playback, only one pop whenever the audio interface goes to sleep or wakes up. Setting Kodi "Keep Audio Devices Awake" to Always fixes that (it's a kludge though.)

Thanks for the tip, I had the same (minor) issue :)

• So it must be LE related, it happens on both .009 and 7.9 builds for me. So hopefully we get this fixed, will gladly test all versions and cant wait ntil this is fixed, so I go to LE.

Yes, I switched back to 008 because of this. Hopefully, this gets resolved in the future releases. Anyway, 008 suits my needs very well.

• First post updated with a special build to test Kodi PR10887 which aims to improve audio/video sync.
    If you encounter a video with issues, please enable Debug log and Component logging only for Video component (disable all other components including ffmpeg) and provide Kodi log.

2016-11-22-PR10887

Source code: 2016-11-22-krypton-PR10887
    Use device tree from 7.0.2.009 builds: device_trees

No fix for audio issues yet, as a workaround you can set "Keep audio device alive" to "Always".

Edited once, last by kszaq (November 24, 2016 at 8:07 PM).

• Did some preliminary tests of the special build: tvheadend-pvr with sd mpeg-2, hd h264 and 4K hevc dvb-s2 streams worked quite fine, with very quick channel changes. One specific 4k stream was a bit jerky, I will check that in detail later and get logs.

Playing files from SMB was not so good: While "regular" files that can be hardware decoded worked quite well, with very fast seeking; starting h264/hi10p encoded files leads to a hard crash (picture stuck, no SSH access possible, need to pull power plug) of the wetek hub after a few tries, but not in a reproducible manner (files that worked before would crash it after the restart and vice versa). I think it depends on what kind of file I played before. On the weekend I can do more tests and maybe find a combination that always triggers the bug.

• hello kszaq, I'm experiencing an issue with network connectivity that only exists in this alpha build. The problem occurs in Kodi when i try to add an smb video source from a remote NAS server or a Windows Server on my local network, it times out. This is repeatable; and times out on every attempt i try to connect.
    If i roll back and run the 7.0.2.009 build, everything works properly and there is no timeout.
    I'm not sure if the problem is LE related, Kodi related, or hardware related. Can you point me to the best way to identify the issue? thanks for any assistance.

edit - I'm using the Nexbox A95x with the s905x chip.

Edited once, last by dekes1 (November 23, 2016 at 12:32 AM).

• hello kszaq, I'm experiencing an issue with network connectivity that only exists in this alpha build. The problem occurs in Kodi when i try to add an smb video source from a remote NAS server or a Windows Server on my local network, it times out. This is repeatable; and times out on every attempt i try to connect.
    If i roll back and run the 7.0.2.009 build, everything works properly and there is no timeout.
    I'm not sure if the problem is LE related, Kodi related, or hardware related. Can you point me to the best way to identify the issue? thanks for any assistance.

edit - I'm using the Nexbox A95x with the s905x chip.

I to have had this issue on MinimX 1g/8g box, the network gets as far as "workgroup" but times out before discovering the NAS servers sitting in Workgroup, I have got round this issue setting up the IP address of the server saving it, then editing later to drill down into the particular folders containing video files.

• When watching an episode of The Flash last night the audio was off and i had to set the offset to 100ms ahead, but now when i enabled debug to post about it i'm pretty sure the audio was fine. This also happens when i was a few episodes in a playlist the first one will have its audio off but the rest of the episodes play fine it's frustrating but not as bad as the box randomly locking up while browsing my library. Anyway here's the debug from just now playing the same file as last night FhfIy