[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• kszaq Thanks for nice release.

I don't believe the playback in Jarvis is more reliable. The codesnake's idea to use video4linux in Krypton is big improvement in video playback.

I like to notice about "improvement" in Krypton beta4. In this version all live streaming (pvr) is set to "playback to display" and causing disable audio passthrough. e.g. In audio passthrough setting, stream with ac3 audio track is decoded to multichannel PCM pass to HDMI. And there is issue, during channel switch appears very disturbing noise. I fixed this issue in my test release by following patch:

If you prefer decoding you can set it in Playback settings.

• Ahh, ok that explain why you are compiling mali as module...

Use the drivers from /packages/linux-drivers/ instead of kernel modules looks a easy task for a non expert developer. Can I send a PR? just for this new branch or also in master?

I don't want to use Mali driver from LE master (r6p1) as it has performance issues. That's why I use r5p1 driver that I put in kernel tree for easier maintenance.

• I'm only with buffer pvr problems?

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A3003 utilizzando Tapatalk

Autoquote.

My problem of buffer and freeze appear to bè caused of wifi.

I connect ethernet and solve it.

With wifi box freeze in streaming and i have to unplug Power cable.

If i can help to solve it i am here

Thank you

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A3003 utilizzando Tapatalk

• Hi kszaq,

Performed clean install on SD card using .008 device tree.

The first thing I tested was 23.976p playback at 24Hz (i.e. auto refresh turned on). I can report that the 40 second micro-stutter is present. It manifests itself as what I can describe as a kind of 'slow motion' effect that lasts no more than 1-2 seconds (possibly less), but it is noticeable to myself. I tried several different movies to confirm - these all playback flawlessly on LE Jarvis.

Everything else so far looks good. Thanks so much for your efforts!!

Edited once, last by kszaq (October 30, 2016 at 11:56 AM).

• Installed this rom today with .008 device tree on mini m8s s905. For me everything I need is working ok. Thanks.

Hello,

Is CEC working?

I know that suspend is not working, so I need to power on/off the TV instead of suspend.

I really appreciate your help.

Best regards.

• Hello,

Is CEC working?

I know that suspend is not working, so I need to power on/off the TV instead of suspend.

Best regards.

I don't know. I have never used cec. Even in Android. My TV model is not supported.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

• Hello,

Is CEC working?

Best regards.

I didn't own Mini M8S but I believe CEC behavior is the same across different hardware platform. CEC is working but I can only turn off the TV box as well as TV with TV remote (CEC through the power on/off button on the home menu) but not turn it back on. I must use the TV box remote to turn it on and turn on TV at the same time.

• I didn't own Mini M8S but I believe CEC behavior is the same across different hardware platform. CEC is working but I can only turn off the TV box as well as TV with TV remote (CEC through the power on/off button on the home menu) but not turn it back on. I must use the TV box remote to turn it on and turn on TV at the same time.

Thanks!

How do you turn off the TV? From remote or command?

Kind regards.

• Thanks!

How do you turn off the TV? From remote or command?

Kind regards.

Either TV remote (thru CEC) or TV box remote, click on the 'Power' button on the lower left corner and select 'Power off the device'. Then both TV as well as TV box will be turned off.

Of course you need to set accordingly on System -> System Settings -> Input -> Peripherals.

• Either TV remote (thru CEC) or TV box remote, click on the 'Power' button on the lower left corner and select 'Power off the device'. Then both TV as well as TV box will be turned off.

Of course you need to set accordingly on System -> System Settings -> Input -> Peripherals.

Thanks for your help.

This is what I have in the settings:

It is in spanish, but the settings are in the same place.

When I go to poweroff, the device goes off but not the TV.

I have LE in other PC and with a CEC adapter and same HDMI cable works great.

How could I debug it?

I will really appreciate your help.

Best regards.

• I guess I got a similar setting, at least to turn on and turn off the TV, but where you set suspend, I set 'Shutdown' (As I knew suspend is not working). I believe implementation of CEC is different for different brands of TV. For my Toshiba and Vizio TV, they behave the same way, despite the former is running LE 8.0 and the latter LE 7.0, both are kszaq's build.

• Thanks for Krypton build. It's really great especially for my Live TV playback. :)
    I have my tvheadend backend running on K2 pro (afl1's internal tuner supported build), but got stuttering issue on sd channel from live tv.
    Krypton build (on any clients) always solve this issue.

But I still notice an issue so called "S905 Deinterlacing Issues" as mentioned in this thread though, but can easily be fixed by the same solution posted there.

• kszaq, I just noticed that there are new device trees for Jarvis development build LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161028232312-r23412-g028df0e.img.gz uploaded today. Would they also work with your Krypton development build LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0-devel-20161029000130-r24352-g5a0b492.img.gz?