[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Considering it's really Android 6.0, I suspect you might have RK3229, which is not that bad, but not good either.

There is a bunch of user feedback I now see across various forums - detailing how deceptive sellers are supposedly selling MXQ Pro AML S905 boxes - and then sending out inferior dirt cheap (MXR) RK3299 devices. We may have to start a name and shame thread for sellers to avoid - just the Website name and seller/store name.

• I see quite a lot of these fishy ebay articles on ebay.de; they will have S905 or S905X as part of the name or heading, but will list the correct processor in the small print at the end of the listing. Mostly it is RK3229 boxes that are "SEO-ed" with the S905 tag. Some of these "enhanced" listings are harder to spot than others, and I can understand that an unaware buyer might easily be fooled.

• RayW There is no setting, in 8.0.2e switching 3D mode should happen automatically. At least there is a patch for it, there's no way I could test it, that's why I ask. ;)

Okay thanks for the info so no need to switch on cec either then as that is not on atm. Maybe it could be my set is 5 years old but still an excellent TV. If I can get it working on auto I will coem back to you of course. Sounds like we all ought to club together and get you a superb OLED TV that has everything including passive 3D if the 2016 model from LG, best not to hold your breath on that one though LOL

• I see quite a lot of these fishy ebay articles on ebay.de; they will have S905 or S905X as part of the name or heading, but will list the correct processor in the small print at the end of the listing. Mostly it is RK3229 boxes that are "SEO-ed" with the S905 tag. Some of these "enhanced" listings are harder to spot than others, and I can understand that an unaware buyer might easily be fooled.

I had one of these boxes here - but in that case the seller even stated in the description that it is indeed an amlogic S905. Well - it wasn`t.

It won`t let you install any app from the playstore to confirm your doubts, nor can any information about the internals be found anywhere.

Fraud, if you ask me.

Had to sideload aida to confirm it`s a rockchip box.

• Hi all,

First of all, thanks everyone for making this happen. I recently got a FBox 4X, and Kodi on the stock Android system doesn't work well at all - still need to contact the manufacturer about it. But, kszaq and LibreELEC to the rescue, it Just Works™ and does almost everything right.

There's just three smallish issues I have with it:

• the included "Ferguson SR100" remote doesn't work, there's no LIRC config that I can find on the Android filesystem, and irrecord can't seem to recognize the keys, using the internal IR receiver the gap finding process just stops at some point, and the gap can't be found on a homebrew serial receiver - any idea how to get it working? maybe a different, higher level input module?
    • there's no Suspend available, so either leaving the box on all the time, or a ~minute wait until the device fully boots
    • CEC does not wake the device up (or well, turn it on, since it doesn't suspend), regardless of the setting in Kodi

If anyone has ideas, I'd love to try things out.

Thanks!

• I scp'd LibreELEC-S905.arm-8.0-8.0.2e.img & gxl_p212_2g.dtb to /storage/.update, reboot. Box just hangs. Works fine wo/ gxl_p212_2g.dtb. Is there another 2Gig.dtb file I should try?

from install instruction: Download a device tree as instructed above and rename it to dtb.img. Copy the renamed file to main folder of SD card/USB drive - replace the one that's already there

• Did you buy this product from an eBay seller goes by this fastnreliable handler?

• the included "Ferguson SR100" remote doesn't work, there's no LIRC config that I can find on the Android filesystem, and irrecord can't seem to recognize the keys, using the internal IR receiver the gap finding process just stops at some point, and the gap can't be found on a homebrew serial receiver - any idea how to get it working? maybe a different, higher level input module?

Don't use LIRC as for now it's buggy. If you want to use remote that works in android, use a non-LIRC device tree and most buttons should works OOTB.

there's no Suspend available, so either leaving the box on all the time, or a ~minute wait until the device fully boots

Suspend crashes kernel, that's why it's disabled.

CEC does not wake the device up (or well, turn it on, since it doesn't suspend), regardless of the setting in Kodi

For this you need to ask box manufacturer to update bootloader (u-boot). The only device that can wake from power off is Odroid-C2 because its bootloader is open source and Kwiboo fixed CEC wakeup in boootloader.

• Hello,

Anybody here that tried to flash a Tronsmart Vega S95 TVbox?

I flashed mine, as it seems successfully, I even found a good mapping for the remote.

The problem is that almost all the add-ons refuse to install.

They fail on missing dependency.

And I am starting to wonder if it is maybe a bad management of the internal memory or something like that.

What do you think?

• Omg. Just ran cpu-z. It tunes out to be a rockchip3066. Is this chip as good as the s905x or have I been scammed? It said s905x on the box AND during boot.

Now we know the chipset, can I install libreelec?

Thanks for all your help

Try this.

My box is the S905 MXQ NEXBOX Pro 4 k '.
    It took me a lot of time to the box flashing it. None of the mentioned possibilities on this forum worked in my case. The following steps brought luck.
    - Copy the image to SD with rufes.exe.
    - Copy the new dtb.img as prescribed. (gxbb_p200_1G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb)
    - But then the trick. Zip the ' aml_autoscript ' file from the SD and copy it to the SD card. (Leave the existing aml_autoscript).
    - Use the update app in andoid and update the zip file on the SD card.
    Voila, it works! Then went flashing as expected.
    (It boots first with the NEXBOX logo, the libreelec logo appears briefly after.)

• That's still of no use to him. He simply hasn't got a chip which LE supports. His box is not a true S905 MXQ.