[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Hi! I have a Nexbox A95X 1/8G device and just fired up LE from SDcard via toothpick.

Until now everything works fine. However, after finally getting access to my network storage, I realize that audio is not working.

The A95X is connected with the provided HDMI cable. So I tried the HDMI-out device listed. I also tried the activation of pass-through.

Does anyone know this issue? Or did I just do something wrong?

I used the standard device tree for S905X-1G.

Code
    gxl_p212_1g.dtb 

Tested it with GUI sounds. They are silent, too.

• Hey Guys,

Top work on your builds have been using them for awhile now but I have a problem with a MXQ Pro 4K it appears the WiFi is not working in this build for me. I have tried different DTBS but can't seem to get it to see the WiFi the WiFi is working in Android. And everything else seems to be working any suggestions ?

Many Thanks in Advance :)

• hi guys I've installed the latest build and everything works sweet bar audio,the selection is greyed out and stuck on default,Bluetooth.there's no option of HDMI, anyone know of a fix? Cheers lads

• 8.0.2c here -- been steadily upgrading since 7.x builds. I have noticed that in the more recent 8.0.2 builds that sometimes when playing content from the NAS it'll stop playback (black screen) and then return to Kodi, no reboot or anything, just drops back into the UI. I have to look at the thread to find out how to capture logging (I've been trying via kmsg/dmesg) to determine what's happening.

I'm on a Goobang Doo M8S-II unit; 2GB RAM 1Gbit LAN (unsure about WiFi/Bluetooth but the kernel sees them just fine, I don't use it though) S905 chipset -- In fact kszaq's build works so well, I ended up buying 2 more of the same boxes (wife wanted me to buy s905x but I didn't want to step into that territory when I knew it worked so well on this hardware.) Using the default dtb.

Otherwise though, awesome as ever.

I do have a question for the fellow here who's building 64bit versions of each release; I remember kszaq saying something about they're unstable (can't remember exactly what anymore) but I do remember trying one way back in the early 8.x days and seemed fine, very speedy in fact, noticebly so. Are 64bit builds still considered "unstable" for general usage?

• hi guys I've installed the latest build and everything works sweet bar audio,the selection is greyed out and stuck on default,Bluetooth.there's no option of HDMI, anyone know of a fix? Cheers lads

Device tree. Make sure you use a proper one to install and update.

• hello, i made a backup of my raspberry pi 3 using libreelec 8 build.

now i installed libreelec to my internal space of the nexbox a95x 1 gb ram version.

when im trying to restore the backup my system is only shutting down but not restarting or applying the backup.

is there a solution for this or am i doing something wrong?

• 8.0.2c here -- been steadily upgrading since 7.x builds. I have noticed that in the more recent 8.0.2 builds that sometimes when playing content from the NAS it'll stop playback (black screen) and then return to Kodi, no reboot or anything, just drops back into the UI. I have to look at the thread to find out how to capture logging (I've been trying via kmsg/dmesg) to determine what's happening.

I'm on a Goobang Doo M8S-II unit; 2GB RAM 1Gbit LAN (unsure about WiFi/Bluetooth but the kernel sees them just fine, I don't use it though) S905 chipset -- In fact kszaq's build works so well, I ended up buying 2 more of the same boxes (wife wanted me to buy s905x but I didn't want to step into that territory when I knew it worked so well on this hardware.) Using the default dtb.

Otherwise though, awesome as ever.

I do have a question for the fellow here who's building 64bit versions of each release; I remember kszaq saying something about they're unstable (can't remember exactly what anymore) but I do remember trying one way back in the early 8.x days and seemed fine, very speedy in fact, noticebly so. Are 64bit builds still considered "unstable" for general usage?

There used to be a memory leak in 64-bit builds. Not anymore. 32- and 64- bit builds should be comparable, but 64-bit does take more resources. Also 32-bit build will have more addons.

• Ho installato la versione ufficiale libreelec (LibreELEC-WeTek_Hub.aarch64-8.0.2.zip) per hub wetek. Con le versioni ufficiali sempre competenti il problema era lo stesso. Quando inizio la riproduzione di un film, per eseguire la frequenza di aggiornamento corretta (24Hz) devo riavviare il dialogo

up

• It says 4k/HDR isn't supported so I was worried since it was the main reason I was trying this, but on my Mini M8S II 4k/HDR clips are working perfect so far. Thanks!

• does anyone know if the schission v88 pro s905x 1gb is able to power on using the remote?

I am using the latest build

Its a fault with the default remote so if you have a spare one from broken box with correct remote.conf it should work.

• Tested the new build and something wrong with this :

• added support for CVBS output: if HDMI is not connected, Kodi will default to output mode provided by u-boot, i.e. CVBS on devices with that type of output

With this build the GUI is always on 720p (need manual setup to 1080p), my setup is Minix Neo U1 connected with HDMI cable to Denon X3100W (passtrough) which is connected to a Sony FHD TV with HDMI cable too, before this update the GUI was at 1080p, this setup controlled by Logitech Harmony with "Activities". How can I fix this issue.