[8.0.2e] LibreELEC 8.0 for S905/S905X

• Ok, Gintama fails quite hard. My Nvidia 960 can play it in hardware mode, on the S905 one gets a slideshow with sound. Here is a link to test:
    Download File: [AnimeRG] Gintama - NCED_20 [720p] [x265] [pseudo].mkv - filecloud.io

Thanks for upload a short piece for testing. I can verify your findings with build 8.0.1l but playback has no problem with build 8.0.1l-mm. Therefore it's problem of the nougat kernel.

UPDATE: I also test the video on RPi2 and Odroid-C2. Playback on RPi2 (LibreELEC 8.0.1) failed as it did on S905 devices. However, playback was fine on Odroid-C2 with Raybuntu Krypton 12 build. Hope this additional information could help.

Edited once, last by wkchick (May 22, 2017 at 2:16 AM).

• when I go to Settings -> Libreelec -> the System tab is blank.

Is there a way to reset the settings from ssh?
    I setted a custom update channel and now it doesn't open anymore.
    [hr]

when I go to Settings -> Libreelec -> the System tab is blank.

solved by deleting the custom channel in
    Userdata/addon_data/service.libreelec.settings/oe_settings.xml

Edited once, last by Danny182 (May 22, 2017 at 8:21 AM).

• Thanks a lot for 8l. Finally, it is possible to
    rewind some seconds/minutes without the
    freezing/hanging.

Yess this is good to read! Also gonna update and see myself.

Once kszaq finds time and decides to build an agile build and netflix, prime video,... will work it'll be amazing.
    [hr]

Any update on this? I'd also like to rule out this exploit.

• Once kszaq finds time and decides to build an agile build and netflix, prime video,... will work it'll be amazing.

I won't build Kodi 18 until it is in beta stage.
    [hr]

Any update on this? I'd also like to rule out this exploit.

As far as I can tell a Samba update is in the works: samba: update to samba-4.6.3 [backport] by MilhouseVH · Pull Request #1628 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Edited once, last by kszaq (May 22, 2017 at 1:14 PM).

• I won't build Kodi 18 until it is in beta stage.
    [hr]

As far as I can tell a Samba update is in the works: samba: update to samba-4.6.3 [backport] by MilhouseVH · Pull Request #1628 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

Ah, that would be awesome! I wonder if it will have any positive effect (if any) on throughput speed (though I never had issues with that to begin with really) Atleast we will be able to make sure that the exploit is disabled :)

• Ah, that would be awesome! I wonder if it will have any positive effect (if any) on throughput speed (though I never had issues with that to begin with really) Atleast we will be able to make sure that the exploit is disabled :)

If you wants something to test, I have a build with it merged in: 8.0.1l-mm-samba4.6 and matching source.
    Be warned:

• this is with the marshmellow kernel, not the regular 8.0.1l kernel.
    • The LE setting app hasn't been updated yet, so make LE an SMB server won't work.

I'm doing this builds for my personal needs, so things I don't use might be broken, kszaqs builds are pretty much always a better choice :)

• I would also like to add that I have confirmed a really ODD issue/bug with both LE 7 and LE 8 - but ONLY the builds with the Nougat kernel. I pay for a WWE wrestling account and use is on LE. With the Nougat builds, if I try to open a video or stream, it actually BANS my LE box from connecting (gives error message about account authentication). Once this happens, the ONLY way to fix it is to setup a NEW non Nougat kernel LE SD card and sign in. Trying to use my non Nougat build (8.0.1a) that was working 1 hour before being banned with the Nougat builds, would result in the same error message and can't connect. Only way to fix it is a NEW LE install (non Nougat).

I had multiple versions of LE 7&8 on SD cards so I could quickly switch between them to test which versions were causing this. Oddly enough, after signing in successfully on the fresh non Nougat build, I could then switch the SD card back to my previous old build (non Nougat 8.0.1a) which used to work but stopped working after being banned.

If I try to use any Nougat build after fixing it with a fresh LE install, the same thing happens (banned), and I have to repeat the process above.

Thank you!

• when I go to Settings -> Libreelec -> the System tab is blank.

[hr]

solved by deleting the custom channel in
    Userdata/addon_data/service.libreelec.settings/oe_settings.xml

The same happens to me. Thanks for the solution.

• Hi,

Which LE version is HDR going and stable? Anyone who tried it could give you information? I have a Beelink MiniMXiii ii (S905x) player.

Thank you for your answers!

• Random qestion: Does anyone know how I could get the "LibreElec Config" menu entry back on the homescreen?

I tried the skin Estuary mod some time ago after changing back to default Estuary skin the entry was missing.

Btw: Is there another alternative similar to Estuary skin? Estuary mod is really great but too slow on my box :( I already ramped up the gpu which makes it a tiny bit more responsive but still too slow. It seems Estuary mod is made for more powerfull desktop systems, a more stripped down version of this skin would be amazing..

• Btw: Is there another alternative similar to Estuary skin? Estuary mod is really great but too slow on my box :( I already ramped up the gpu which makes it a tiny bit more responsive but still too slow. It seems Estuary mod is made for more powerfull desktop systems, a more stripped down version of this skin would be amazing..

If you preferred the original Estuary design (before the big overhaul in which custom backgrounds are impossible), I can help you out...
    I extracted the last good version of Estuary v1 and zipped it.

Just PM me if you want that zip... :)

• Currently running 8.0.1.k now that 8.0.1.l is available (I'm new, but read and search).... I see there are a couple ways to upgrade including using the LibreElec Settings "Upgrade" Auto vs. Manual, with the Upgrade Chanels....

IS it safe, does anoyone, upgrade these verison using this method ?