Move from 8.0.2 to 9.0.2

• Hi,

After 2 years enjoying LibreELEC without any change now I want to install the new 9.0.2 version as well as the new Kodi version 18.4

Actually I have LibreElec 8.0.2 and Kodi 17.3 running on ODROID C-2 hardware. Is there any easy way to carry out the upgrade or do I start from "zero" creating the microSD again and installing Kodi later? (frankly speaking I do not remember how I done this in the past =O)

If so, how can I copy the LibreElec backup and move to the new LibreELEC version?

Thank you!

• Do you have the update channel 9.0 at the LE settings menu? If yes, then the upgrade should work fine by using the menu, and your settings will stay.

Flexin' vinyl, jammin' break beats. 8)

• Many thanks Da Flex, at the "Update channel" I see the different versions and I have choosen 9.0 (MR) but the Available Version tab is empty. 9,2 is also empty and 8.0 shows 8.2.5. I upgraded to 8.2.5 sucessfully but 9.0 and 9.2 stills being empty.

How can I upgrade to 9.0 then?

Thank you!

Edited 8 times, last by Papalapa ().

• from windows explorer, you might be able to see it. personally, I use coreftp lite

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Nvidia Shield HD Homerun Duo (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 H96 Pro, X96+, Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Synology DS920+ Plex Pass

:)

• I think I have got confused with another post, this is if you get a message there is not enough space to create a backup.

to see the backup folder, in storage, from there you can delete the older tar backup files to create more space.

try it

in windows explorer type in the ip address of the device

sorry :blush:

Samsung RU7400 Onkyo HTX22HDX Nvidia Shield HD Homerun Duo (Living Room)

Samsung UE40ES5500 H96 Pro, X96+, Fire TV 4K Stick (Bedroom)

Synology DS920+ Plex Pass

:)

• I'm sorry, you're right. Before editing the original post I inquired about this, but as finally I already solved the issue by the "adding origins" function I deleted from the post this section.

Thank you for your concern :thumbup:

• Many thanks Da Flex, at the "Update channel" I see the different versions and I have choosen 9.0 (MR) but the Available Version tab is empty. 9,2 is also empty and 8.0 shows 8.2.5. I upgraded to 8.2.5 sucessfully but 9.0 and 9.2 stills being empty.

How can I upgrade to 9.0 then?

Then download the image manually, and put it into the update folder.

Flexin' vinyl, jammin' break beats. 8)

• Then download the image manually, and put it into the update folder.

I tried to send the file using Samba but Windows10 do not likes LIBRELEC and isn't possible to connect. High security levels for an OS that introduces new problems at each upgrade :cursing: Anyway, this is another history...

Using my Mac I'm able to connect through Samba with SMB1 protocol but when I copy the file into the Update folder from the Mac it says that there were errors during the copy and the file is not complete. Indeed, file size on the LIBREELEC is 0 Kb.

I tried to acces locally copying the upgrade packet in the HDD connected to LIBREELEC but with the file browser I cannot find the \Update folder.

Next attempt will be upgrade through SSH. We will see...

Edited 3 times, last by Papalapa ().

• Win10 needs authenticated access to an SMB2 or SMB3 share. In LE this means you will need to enable the Samba password in LE settings before trying to connect to the Samba server.