Move from 8.0.2 to 9.0.2

• Hi,

After 2 years enjoying LibreELEC without any change now I want to install the new 9.0.2 version as well as the new Kodi version 18.4

Actually I have LibreElec 8.0.2 and Kodi 17.3 running on ODROID C-2 hardware. Is there any easy way to carry out the upgrade or do I start from "zero" creating the microSD again and installing Kodi later? (frankly speaking I do not remember how I done this in the past =O)

If so, how can I copy the LibreElec backup and move to the new LibreELEC version?

Thank you!

• Many thanks Da Flex, at the "Update channel" I see the different versions and I have choosen 9.0 (MR) but the Available Version tab is empty. 9,2 is also empty and 8.0 shows 8.2.5. I upgraded to 8.2.5 sucessfully but 9.0 and 9.2 stills being empty.

How can I upgrade to 9.0 then?

Thank you!

Edited 8 times, last by Papalapa (October 27, 2019 at 8:54 AM).

• I think I have got confused with another post, this is if you get a message there is not enough space to create a backup.

to see the backup folder, in storage, from there you can delete the older tar backup files to create more space.

try it

in windows explorer type in the ip address of the device

sorry :blush:

• I think I have got confused with another post, this is if you get a message there is not enough space to create a backup.

to see the backup folder, in storage, from there you can delete the older tar backup files to create more space.

try it

in windows explorer type in the ip address of the device

sorry :blush:

I'm sorry, you're right. Before editing the original post I inquired about this, but as finally I already solved the issue by the "adding origins" function I deleted from the post this section.

Thank you for your concern :thumbup:

• Then download the image manually, and put it into the update folder.

I tried to send the file using Samba but Windows10 do not likes LIBRELEC and isn't possible to connect. High security levels for an OS that introduces new problems at each upgrade :cursing: Anyway, this is another history...

Using my Mac I'm able to connect through Samba with SMB1 protocol but when I copy the file into the Update folder from the Mac it says that there were errors during the copy and the file is not complete. Indeed, file size on the LIBREELEC is 0 Kb.

I tried to acces locally copying the upgrade packet in the HDD connected to LIBREELEC but with the file browser I cannot find the \Update folder.

Next attempt will be upgrade through SSH. We will see...

Edited 3 times, last by Papalapa (October 28, 2019 at 7:41 PM).

• Use wget to download the image at SSH session.

After two years I'll try again so, now I have 9.0.2, if I upgrade to 10.0 in this way, will I loose all the LibreELEC and Kodi database and configurations ?

On the other hand, if I download the USB creator the most upgraded version for my ODROID C-2 is the one that I already have (9.0.2) Does it means that this is the last compatible version with my hardware?

• Papalapa Yes, you will lose some configuration, and eventually crash the system, if you update from LE 9.x.x to LE 10.x.x. Don't do this.

LE 10.x.x test images are available for your hardware. Ask chewitt for a download. Updating among LE 10+ versions is no problem.

PS: I've been moved the thread from "General" to "Amlogic" sub-forum.

• https://chewitt.libreelec.tv/testing/ has some experimental K19 and K20 images for C2. There are bugs, but H264/1080p works well enough and if you avoid fiddling with Kodi audio settings you shouldn't trip the main unresolved audio bug too often. The C2 image boots and runs Kodi 19 at least. I don't plan on maintaining the Matrix images as I've moved the codebase to (pre-Alpha) Nexus now. NB: You cannot update with these images as the boot process is completely different to older releases, so you must clean install.