[7.0.3.3d] LibreELEC 7.0 for S805

• Never used one for anything like this, but I know a bit about them. First point is that they aren't really coolers, at least, not by themselves - they are heat pumps. They take power from an external supply (which means they generate heat) and they use what is known as the Peltier effect to create a temperature difference between the two sides. So, you have to also add a nice big heatsink, which will you mount on the hot side of the device, such that it can perhaps limit that side to maybe 50 or 60 degrees, then the cooler side will be able to take some heat from the chip you put it on and cool it to about 30 to 40 degrees. The down side is that for trying to cool chips in small media players, the heat pump would generate several times more heat than the whole player gave out in the first place, so it's not really that great an idea.

Fair point about the issue of heat build up inside the box. I knew about needing a heat sink to keep the heated side from over heating but didn't consider where that heat would go. Lol. Maybe just a small heatsink with heat transfer paste and a small fan then........ lol. May be a bit of an over kill.....haha

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

• Very nice photos! I have bad news and good news: bad news is that this is a very new WiFi chip with no official drivers from Amlogic. Good news is that I was able to find a driver on GitHub and I might be able to compile it. You need to give me a few days.

Thank you!

• When libcec-daemon is already running or CEC adapter is active in Kodi, running libcec-daemon will fail as there can only be one connection with CEC kernel driver at the time. With libcec-daemon running in background, I am getting the same results as you do, yet there is a "LibreELEC" device available on the list from my TV and I'm able to control Kodi when I select it. Keys are mapped a bit differently, that needs some adjustment...

I am also seeing the device show up in my TV list but when I select it I am unable to get any navigational control. I tried to edit the keymaps using the keymap editor but it did not pick up the daemon.

I am using this explicit command :

libcec-daemon -d -p 0 --usb /dev/AmlogicCEC

I can tell that it is somewhat working because if I do not run that command in my autostart.sh I will not even see the device in my TV list. Thank you so much for pursuing this !!! We are very close!

Edited once, last by sammaz (May 12, 2016 at 5:37 PM).

• I am also seeing the device show up in my TV list but when I select it I am unable to get any navigational control. I tried to edit the keymaps using the keymap editor but it did not pick up the daemon.

I am using this explicit command :

libcec-daemon -d -p 0 --usb /dev/AmlogicCEC

I can tell that it is somewhat working because if I do not run that command in my autostart.sh I will not even see the device in my TV list. Thank you so much for pursuing this !!! We are very close!

You can simply use libcec-daemon -d. Can you grab me a full kernel log (dmesg | paste) a few seconds after a reboot? I suspect CEC driver may be misbehaving and that's why you can't control your TV over CEC. I'm still trying to improve the new driver as I've seen it misbehaving, I'd like to see if the reason is the same on your side.

• You can simply use libcec-daemon -d. Can you grab me a full kernel log (dmesg | paste) a few seconds after a reboot? I suspect CEC driver may be misbehaving and that's why you can't control your TV over CEC. I'm still trying to improve the new driver as I've seen it misbehaving, I'd like to see if the reason is the same on your side.

[ 4.472711@0] not get gpio_wake [ 4.505809@0] wifi_request_32k_clk : OFF- - Pastebin.com

Let me know if it got cut off..I think it is all there

• I'm currently running OpenELEC on my OTT MXQ box with the following board ID:
    MXQ-S805-V1.2 20150520

The only issues I have had with the OE HD18q build on my MXQ was that the blue LED is constantly on. WiFi works 99% of the time.

My question is which LE ROM should I use to update my box from OE to LE based on the above? The HD18q or the MXQ build?

Thanks!

I updated from OE 5.95.5.2 HD18Q to LE 7.0.0.2 HD18Q via SSH. All is well so far, except the blue LED still stays on when powered off. All settings and add-ons seemed to transfer without issue from OE to LE.

THANKS!!!

• kszaq
    7.0.0.2 m201d.arm version works great for all black mxq V3_0. I highly appreciate your work. If there are other ways to donate to you except PayPal as it is not available in my country I would like to do that. You are awesome, man. Thank you.

• kszaq
    7.0.0.2 m201d.arm version works great for all black mxq V3_0. I highly appreciate your work. If there are other ways to donate to you except PayPal as it is not available in my country I would like to do that. You are awesome, man. Thank you.

kszaq
    Except suspending, but it also doesn't work in oe. I guess you are aware of this issue already.

• Can you please remove libcec-daemon from autostart, turn off CEC in Kodi, reboot the box and show me result of libcec-daemon -vv?

LibreELEC:~ # libcec-daemon -vv
    TRACE - Main::getCecName()
    INFO - Opened /dev/uinput
    INFO - Created uinput device
    TRACE - Main::Main()
    TRACE - Main::loop()
    TRACE - Cec::open()
    INFO - Openning /dev/AmlogicCEC
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(275 [D]Broadcast (F): osd name set to 'Broadcast')
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(276 [N]connection opened)
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(276 [D]<< Broadcast (F) -> TV (0): POLL)
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(278 [T]<< f0)
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(276 [D]processor thread started)
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(330 [D]>> POLL sent)
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(330 [D]TV (0): device status changed into 'present')
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(330 [D]<< requesting vendor ID of 'TV' (0))
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(330 [T]<< f0:8c)
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(544 [T]>> 0f:87:00:80:45)
    DEBUG - Main::onCecCommand(Command 0->15[ ] 135)
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(545 [D]TV (0): vendor = Panasonic (008045))
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(546 [D]expected response received (87: device vendor id))
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(547 [D]>> TV (0) -> Broadcast (F): device vendor id (87))
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(550 [D]replacing the command handler for device 'TV' (0))
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(555 [N]registering new CEC client - v3.0.1)
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(557 [D]detecting logical address for type 'playback device')
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(558 [D]trying logical address 'Playback 1')
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(558 [D]<< Playback 1 (4) -> Playback 1 (4): POLL)
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(558 [T]<< 44)
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(726 [E]Write: write failed !)
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(726 [T]<< 44)
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(905 [E]Write: write failed !)
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(906 [D]>> POLL not sent)
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(906 [D]using logical address 'Playback 1')
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(906 [D]Playback 1 (4): device status changed into 'handled by libCEC')
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(906 [D]Playback 1 (4): power status changed from 'unknown' to 'on')
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(907 [D]Playback 1 (4): vendor = Pulse Eight (001582))
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(907 [D]Playback 1 (4): CEC version 1.4)
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(907 [D]AllocateLogicalAddresses - device '0', type 'playback device', LA '4')
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(908 [D]Playback 1 (4): osd name set to 'LibreELEC')
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(908 [D]Playback 1 (4): menu language set to 'eng')
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(909 [D]AutodetectPhysicalAddress - autodetected physical address '1000')
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(909 [D]Playback 1 (4): physical address changed from ffff to 1000)
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(909 [D]<< Playback 1 (4) -> broadcast (F): physical adddress 1000)
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(910 [T]<< 4f:84:10:00:04)
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(1056 [N]CEC client registered: libCEC version = 3.0.1, client version = 3.0.1, firmware version = 0, logical address(es) = Playback 1 (4) , physical address: 1.0.0.0, git revision: 0df8f10
    , compiled on Tue May 10 11:50:51 UTC 2016 by kszaq@FPGAWorker on Linux 3.10.0-327.10.1.el7.x86_64 (x86_64), features: P8_USB, P8_detect, Amlogic)
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(1056 [D]SetClientVersion - using client version '3.0.1')
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(1057 [D]SetOSDName - using OSD name 'LibreELEC')
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(1057 [D]SetDeviceTypes - using primary device type 'playback device')
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(1058 [N]unregistering client: libCEC version = 3.0.1, client version = 3.0.1, firmware version = 0, logical address(es) = Playback 1 (4) , physical address: 1.0.0.0, git revision: 0df8f10
    , compiled on Tue May 10 11:50:51 UTC 2016 by kszaq@FPGAWorker on Linux 3.10.0-327.10.1.el7.x86_64 (x86_64), features: P8_USB, P8_detect, Amlogic)
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(1059 [D]Playback 1 (4): power status changed from 'on' to 'unknown')
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(1059 [D]Playback 1 (4): vendor = Unknown (000000))
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(1059 [D]Playback 1 (4): CEC version unknown)
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(1059 [D]Playback 1 (4): osd name set to 'Playback 1')
    DEBUG - Main::onCecLogMessage(1060 [D]Playback 1 (4): device status changed into 'unknown')

• kszaq good evening
    Before I update from your last OE 6.95.2.3 that runs perfectly on my mxq i have few questions
    Can i use the same skin (use skin backup made in OE with all the shortcuts)?
    Will all the addons work the same?
    Will the repo's be working the same way?
    Should i be expecting any visible changes after the update?
    If lan/wifi audio worked on OE will it work on LE as well?
    Thx for all the work.
    BTW PatrickJB how is it working for u?

Edited once, last by michaelchen (May 15, 2016 at 8:58 PM).

• Did you stop libcec-daemon or it stopped by itself? If the second, this seems like a bug in libcec-daemon. Can you test if cec-client works, of course with no libcec-daemon running in background and CEC off in Kodi?

Yes, you can use the same skin.

Yes, already installed addons should work the same (unless they do some OE-specific magic).

There is no "unofficial addons" repo, other repos should work the same.

No visible changes except there are no OE logos.

Yes, on hardware side nothing changed: kernel and drivers are exactly the same.

If you're running from SD card, you can create SD card backup of your SD card in Win32Imager to be on the safest side possible. For NAND, you can use TWRP for full backup.

• Did you stop libcec-daemon or it stopped by itself? If the second, this seems like a bug in libcec-daemon. Can you test if cec-client works, of course with no libcec-daemon running in background and CEC off in Kodi?

libcec-daemon stops by itself.

cec-client works when loaded by itself. It listens to my remote presses. No action is shown on-screen...but the terminal hears every remote press when I run cec-client in the manner you describe above. Here is a dmesg after booting and running cec-client.

bPhC

Edited once, last by sammaz (May 15, 2016 at 11:41 PM).