7.0.2.008 build for S905/S905X

• Well. i havent had any noticable a/v sync issues before the latest dev build, but with that version no matter what i play, it takes only a second to see that this build is unusable for me.
    All still tested on am MiniM8s and MiniMx, btw.

Can you please advise which Device Trees you are using with the LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161024175728-r23406-g57856b7.img.gz
    Where did you get the device tree ? I am hoping it was from device_trees
    Trace your steps on how you got to the Dev Build. From .007 to update you had to use .008 Device tree.
    I am just trying to eliminate the device tree being the cause.

• Was able to boot from USB and LE seemed to work. I then copied the appropriate dtb to boot partition and rebooted. Then SSH in and installtointernal. Now I am receiving ...automatic repair attempt continuing

bad magic number in super=block

fsck failed. Your sysmte is broken beyond repair
    reinstall LibreELEC

This means your box has a different partition layout and installtointernal needs to be run twice, second time after a reboot.

I noticed that the system makes a backup of device tree. But it's 8 times the size of the 212-2g one. What does this mean? Did it write the correct one?

A backup will always be 256kB in size because it will include the whole partition - if you view the file in hex editor you will see that it has lots of zeros at the end. So don't worry about the bigger size.

• Can you please advise which Device Trees you are using with the LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20161024175728-r23406-g57856b7.img.gz
    Where did you get the device tree ? I am hoping it was from device_trees
    Trace your steps on how you got to the Dev Build. From .007 to update you had to use .008 Device tree.
    I am just trying to eliminate the device tree being the cause.

I think you have a good point here. I thought it was not neccesary to swap the tree if the current one worked.

I used the device tree specific for minim8s from the .006 release. Then i tested it with a generic dtb from the .007 release.
    I'll check to see if it's any different with a blob from the .008 release. Can only use a generic one, but we'll see..

Thanks.

\EDIT.. OK, tried with the 2Gb/100MB dtb from the .008 release
    Results are a little less choppy, but to be fair the a/v is still stuttering all over the place. Just not quite as bad as one of the other dtb's...

Edited once, last by atreyu (October 26, 2016 at 11:56 AM).

• For the memory leak, the correct tool to track would be Valgrind.
    I'll try to make a package.mk but I'd like to know if the debugging symbols are stripped out and where to fix this, if I want to try to understand what is leaking ram....

• Can you please give the one below a try.
    gxbb_p200_2G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb

Sure.
    I swapped out the files and tested with gxbb_p200_2G_100M_RealtekWiFi.dtb
    No difference; picture is bumping allover and stuttering sound.

Frankly i didnt expect this to work, because i think it's only difference with the generic is wifi related (?)

For me, it's very clear that this build is a lot worse a/v wise from previous builds. Hope it helps.

Edited once, last by atreyu (October 26, 2016 at 1:51 PM).

• Hi.
    So glad i found this forum otherwise my Andoid box was going to be launched off a very high roof!

I'm using the 7.0.2.008 build with a Mini M8S, 905x, 16GB which works sooooo much beter with the build but a problem i have is with the resolution. I have LG 4K TV and Kodi must try and auto detect but doesn't quite get it right. The who screen is 50% lower on the screen resulting in the top 50% of my screen being black and the next 50% of the screen being the top half of Kodi and the bottom 50% of Kodi not being visable. Once i manage the figure out the keystrokes to get me to the setting and put the resolution down its fine but after a reboot it reverts back.

Is there a kodi setting to turn off auto detect resolutions or should it rememeber my settings and just not writing them to a config file somewhere?

Thanks!

Hi, May i ask you if you have found a workaround for this? Thank you:)

• Hey guys any suggestions or comments on my problem or has anyone experienced this? Some HD/SD files play fine while others seem to drop the hdmi signal and the screen goes black. I was testing .008 build then upgraded to the latest dev build with device tree gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb.

Thanks in advance!

*SOLVED* probably a rookie move but default Adjust Display Refresh Rate = ON...which was dropping the hdmi signal on some files. I turned that setting OFF and all is well!

Thanks for your work and builds!

• I am thoroughly confused by all this... I have a Nexbox a95x...

Where do I get the original img.gz file from - is it the gxl one or is it the one in the download section - 2008 fix or something?

Please help I can't even get started.

When I get the img file what on earth do I do with the "device tree"?

Edited once, last by mergleb (October 26, 2016 at 4:42 PM).

• I am thoroughly confused by all this... I have a Nexbox a95x...

Where do I get the original img file from - is it the gxl one or is it the one in the download section - 2008 fix or something?

Please help I can't even get started.

When I get the img file what on earth do I do with the "device tree"?

from LibreELEC near the top of the page, it says download. I use rufus to burn this image to a microsd card.

I would then download the correct device tree (not sure for your device) device_trees

With the newly created sd card, in a windows pc you will see a partition called boot. With one of the downloaded device trees, rename it to dtb.img & copy/overwrite the one on the sd card.

Then insert the sd card into the device, while holding in the recovery switch on your box, (I don't know where that is) plug the power lead back in, after a few seconds it should boot to Libreelec

• from LibreELEC near the top of the page, it says download. I use rufus to burn this image to a microsd card.

I would then download the correct device tree (not sure for your device) device_trees

With the newly created sd card, in a windows pc you will see a partition called boot. With one of the downloaded device trees, rename it to dtb.img & copy/overwrite the one on the sd card.

Then insert the sd card into the device, while holding in the recovery switch on your box, (I don't know where that is) plug the power lead back in, after a few seconds it should boot to Libreelec

Thanks for that. When I select the option for download there are two files. Which is the correct one?

I have had a go of this before and written the USB stick. However in the boot folder it has the dtb file as still zipped up. Is this normal?
    This is what it says is on the stick? Is this normal and correct? See the attachment for an image of the folder.

Maybe all I need to do now is replace it with the correct device tree yes?

• Thanks for that. When I select the option for download there are two files. Which is the correct one?

I have had a go of this before and written the USB stick. However in the boot folder it has the dtb file as still zipped up. Is this normal?
    This is what it says is on the stick? Is this normal and correct? See the attachment for an image of the folder.

Maybe all I need to do now is replace it with the correct device tree yes?

get the img.gz one,

I think the fact your dtb & kernel appear zipped, is because your system doesn't know the file type

so just overwrite with the downloaded device tree, renamed to img.dtb

• Thanks again.
    One small problem, in the boot folder it is just called dtb, not img.dtb. Trying to over-write it with the device tree called img.dtb just adds the new file without overwriting.

sorry, my mistake its dtb.img

your pc is not showing file extensions, that's why on the boot, its just called dtb

• Well I have done it all and stuck the USB into the a95x.

It booted properly from the stick, rebooted after setting the storage partition etc and then went into Kodi.

Big problem though - it is now not picking up the wifi network. Can't load anything from the file manager!
    I never had any problems when using the android in the box with wifi - now nothing.

Any ideas, solutions please?

• Well I have done it all and stuck the USB into the a95x.

It booted properly from the stick, rebooted after setting the storage partition etc and then went into Kodi.

Big problem though - it is now not picking up the wifi network. Can't load anything from the file manager!
    I never had any problems when using the android in the box with wifi - now nothing.

Any ideas, solutions please?

Hi Mergleb

I am no expert in this, but I can advise that I uploaded LE to my Nexbox A95X 1gb/8gb at the weekend and all went very well. However, the one issue i did have is that the wifi is very slow and hence I have just hard wired the box via powerlines.

• Hi Mergleb

I am no expert in this, but I can advise that I uploaded LE to my Nexbox A95X 1gb/8gb at the weekend and all went very well. However, the one issue i did have is that the wifi is very slow and hence I have just hard wired the box via powerlines.

Well I turned the box off, pulled out the USB dongle for the wireless keyboard thinking that could have been an issue.

When I restarted the box there were about 30 FAILED messages came up and the box seemed to hang getting no further than the LibreElec screen. Never even got to Kodi.

Seems I am fated not to succeed in this. My Nexbox is the B7N 2/16 version btw.

Edited once, last by mergleb (October 26, 2016 at 6:20 PM).