7.0.2.008 build for S905/S905X

• Yes - I've found that the audio can go out of sync in 008 (using beelink mx64 2gb ram 8gb rom 1gb ethernet ap6330 wifi). Specifically watching walking dead s06e16 (encoded using x265 codec at 720p resolution) and it's actually the video stream that appears to 'slow down' for a couple of seconds and this causes out of sync audio. Difficult to explain, but it happened a few times (at different points) in the same episode. If I stop and resume, it works for some minutes and then the problem resurfaces. I had the 008 'fix' version and the latest 008 dtb.img

I had previously used 007 for a few weeks without any audio sync issues (playing many movies and tv episodes) and have since reverted back to 007 and the problem has gone away.

Are you sure dtb applied correctly, seemed like i had sync issues but they have gone away with a fresh install. Kszaq released a new build that fixes the dtb not applying correctly just in case your using an old build of 008.

• Are you sure dtb applied correctly, seemed like i had sync issues but they have gone away with a fresh install. Kszaq released a new build that fixes the dtb not applying correctly just in case your using an old build of 008.

I tested playback of the same episode (likely encoded by the same source, size of mine is 383,627,075 bytes), on M18 (metal chassis version of MX64 with external WiFi antenna) with kszaq 008 build this morning and got the same audio out of sync problem.

This evening I tested playback again of the same episode on MX64 using afl1's Krypton build LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-8.0-devel-20161016162512-r0002.img.gz, out of sync problem was gone.

I then prepared a fresh mSD install with kszaq's latest 008.fix.img (as suggested by JonSnow), and applied the latest 008 dtb (same was used with afl1's build), audio out of sync problem remains with playback of the episode.

I believe it is not related with the bitrate. Playback of videos with much higher bitrate were fine. I noticed that there are quite a number of scene transitions of that episode are complete black. Whenever that happened, video starts a little later than audio, might be one or two seconds. Adding one or two seconds every time results in audio out of sync. I haven't rolled back to 007 or any development build to check when the problem started.

Hope this information may narrow down the search for reasons of this issue.

• Unfortunately it won't. I have played a few videos with .008 and have not experienced out of sync audio. As per sticky thread you need to provide me a sample that exposes the issue, otherwise how can I tell if a fix that I may provide works or not?

I know which Kodi patch causes the issue but I would prefer to fix it rather than delete it.

If no sample can be provided, would you be able to reproduce the issue in a fairly short period of time when I provide you a test build to tell whether it's fixed or not?

Edited once, last by kszaq (October 17, 2016 at 4:51 AM).

• O so I have 07 on sd card, to update do I change dtb on root or just add new 08 dtb in "update" folder. Also do you unrar the img.gz or leave it as it is.

img.gz & new 008 dtb into the update folder.
    That is it. No Unpacking .
    You dont toothpick into recovery you reboot after you have copied the 2 files.
    [hr]
    Today i updated my MiniMx 1gb/8gb which is running on internal nand.

I updated using the LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.008-fix.img.gz
    along with gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit.dtb (7.0.2.008)

No issues with the device tree not installing. All went perfect including remote / wifi / ethernet.
    Please note because i have never used the realtek wifi fix dtb in previous versions i stuck with what worked before.
    This particular box never needed the wifi fix on all previous versions.
    Thanks again kszaq. :)

Edited once, last by kostaman (October 17, 2016 at 8:04 AM).

• Hi,

first of all, thanks very much for these builds, it is very much appreciated!
    I am using .006 on a couple of devices, and recently also loaded it on a mini m8s which i bought because it has 2GB Ram.

I'd like to confirm the A/V syn issues on some content in .008.
    For me, it's mostly Live TV (mpeg2video) which really has terrible sync issues to the point that it's just not usable.
    The latest working version for me is .007 which runs just fine with any format but has some idling issues for me so i reverted back to .006. I will wait for builds to be build against latest master branch :-))

Unfortunately, i am far away from my home setup, so i cannot provide samples or test things some more.

Thanks again for making this possible!

Edited once, last by atreyu (October 17, 2016 at 8:11 AM).

• Been doing that for but no update nothing just boots to 007
    [hr]

Stick to instructions, you don't need to do more than said there.

No update happens with that instructions what I'm I doing wrong anyway will stick with 007 as people reporting issues with 008

Edited once, last by ddogishere (October 17, 2016 at 8:10 AM).

• Hi,

first of all, thanks very much for these builds, it is very much appreciated!
    I am using .006 on a couple of devices, and recently also loaded it on a mini m8s which i bought because it has 2GB Ram.

I'd like to confirm the A/V syn issues on some content in .008.
    For me, it's mostly Live TV (mpeg2video) which really has terrible sync issues to the point that it's just not usable.
    The latest working version for me is .007 which runs just fine with any format but has some idling issues for me so i reverted back to .006. I will wait for builds to be build against latest master branch :-))

Unfortunately, i am far away from my home setup, so i cannot provide samples or test things some more.

Thanks again for making this possible!

For me livetv is OK.
    With MiniMX 1/8
    I only have issue with back button on remote.

• Why do i "NOT" have this issue ?
    I have the same box as envagyok
    although i'm not sure what device tree from .008 he used ?

I'm not complaining or saying i'm missing out on a bug.

You have a different remote control. We use a script that replaces key codes in original remote.conf to make it work in LE without (much) editing. I added 2 new codes to remap in .008 which incorrectly replaced 158 by 18 because of matching 15 in 158.

• I have similar problems with usb audio. Sound crackles or is a bit distorted. Happens when amcodec acceleration is used. Even with the fixed version.

My box is the minim8s, S905, 2Gbit ram and 100mbit ethernet.
    I think Kszaq wrote amlogic usb drivers aren't very good. But since the problems appear when using hardware video decoding, it might be something else.

Thank you for your info. Can the acceleration be disabled somehow for music playback as temp. solution?

Seems like usb audio is working for some people in Armbian/Ubuntu S905 builds based on C2 kernel.
    I hope this problem could be fixed in the future LibreElec builds...
    We need UAC2 (USB Audio Class 2) compliant kernel, Amlogic :huh:

Edited once, last by blackie (October 17, 2016 at 8:45 AM).

• Unfortunately it won't. I have played a few videos with .008 and have not experienced out of sync audio. As per sticky thread you need to provide me a sample that exposes the issue, otherwise how can I tell if a fix that I may provide works or not?

I know which Kodi patch causes the issue but I would prefer to fix it rather than delete it.

If no sample can be provided, would you be able to reproduce the issue in a fairly short period of time when I provide you a test build to tell whether it's fixed or not?

Out of sync issues have been noticed with "fix" 008 version.
    I'm sorry, but I'm not able to provide sample material. I'm a developer too and I know It's difficult to fix a problem without reproducing it.
    But I could try a test build this evening after work if you can provide it.
    Perhaps the problem is related to buffers handling? In 008 vq doesn't go to 0 as in version 007.

• Hi guys,

Can anyone, tell me all steps to install LibreELEC on Ferguson Ariva 4K Combo?

What version should install?

1GB_100Mb_Realtek_Wifi ?

Regards

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk