7.0.2.008 build for S905/S905X

• Hi guys, just updated my Beelink Min MXiii via.img file and all is well except for the back button not working, but easily sorted with the Keymap Programme. It is very smooth.....many thanks Kszaq

Is yours the one with the s905 or the s905x. I just bought a s905x and I'm thinking the wifi isn't going to work :(

• Hi guys, just as a slight aside I am trying to update my second box via the update folder on my laptop but when I open network and then click on Libreelec it says 'Libreelec is not accessible, You may not have permissions to use this net work resource........blah blah blah' How can I change this so I do have access? Cheers

I use coreftplite, & had the same issue. I typed \\libreelec in windows explorer of my laptop & copied it over like that.

Funnily enough, I was able to copy the keyboard.xml file over coreftplite

Edited once, last by bubblegum57 (October 14, 2016 at 10:04 PM).

• What can I do if it shows me a message:

*** Error in prepare_sysroot: mount_common: Could not mount /flesh/SYSTEM ***
    ### Starting debuging shell... type exit to quit ###
    sh: can't access to tty: job control turned on

My hardware is Arive 4K Combo with 905B chipset which I presume is 905X variant and 1gb ram.
    I tried gxl_p212_1g.dtb and Gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb without success.

• What can I do if it shows me a message:

*** Error in prepare_sysroot: mount_common: Could not mount /flesh/SYSTEM ***
    ### Starting debuging shell... type exit to quit ###
    sh: can't access to tty: job control turned on

My hardware is Arive 4K Combo with 905B chipset which I presume is 905X variant and 1gb ram.
    I tried gxl_p212_1g.dtb and Gxbb_p200_1G_1Gbit_RealtekWiFi.dtb without success.

S905B does not mean S905X and anything without the X is just S905. Unlikely your box has 1gig lan so try 100M dtb and are you sure you have realtek wifi card?

I tried to google but nothing comes up for your box or its specs.

Edited once, last by JonSnow (October 14, 2016 at 10:37 PM).

• Hello,

I have installed 7.0.2.007 in a Beelink MX III.

It really works great. Is this update just for S905X? It says S905X espefic in the changelog.

Which dtb could I use for my device?

Best regards.

• I tried to google but nothing comes up for your box or its specs.

I hope the owner of this box has a high tolerance level for failure.
    This is about as good as i could find on the specs.
    I would say the chip is an OLD Revision "B"
    It is an S905. It runs Lollipop.
    100 or 1gb ethernet ????

Dual band Wi-Fi - 802.11 b / g / n 2.4GHz / 5Ghz
    modem Ethernet (LAN) for an interactive communication with the Internet
    Bluetooth - connect the keyboard and mouse or other devices
    SD card reader
    Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
    Recovery switch
    Micro SD card reader

Specification:
    Chipset: Amlogic S905-B, quad core Cortex A53 @ 2:02 GHz
    Flash Memory: EMMC 8GB
    DDR III Memory: 1GB

• Hi all!

I'm a bit new around this S905X....I have a Mini M8S II TV box (Mini M8S II TV Box (Amlogic S905X) Review – Part 1: Unboxing and Teardown)
    and I'm trying to boot to libreelec via SD card. I followed all the procedures from 1 to 4 in how to install, but it seems that my M8S II does not have a reset button (for toothpick mothod).

How can I get to the recovery mode from android? I tried to insert SD card after android booting, it just asks me for browsing through content. In UPDATE&RESTORE app I cannot find any right option to BOOT TO RECOVERY for installing LE over SD.

can you give me some instructions on how to boot over SD card?

• Hello,

I have installed 7.0.2.007 in a Beelink MX III.

It really works great. Is this update just for S905X? It says S905X espefic in the changelog.

Which dtb could I use for my device?

Best regards.

Too many of the same question, if you read the first 2 pages you'll find your answer.

• Thanks for help. I was able to run with sd card and usb drive with proper files connected at the same time. I only struggle with WIFI. On ethernet everything is working okey, but wifi isn't working. I will try different device trees.
    I was having problem with my tuner remote, but it turned out that tv remote is working ;)

• In previous builds device tree for MXII was the same as p200_1Gbit except for system partition size. I didn't know it needs modifications for Realtek WiFi. I have uploaded a new device tree for you to try.

Thanks for the updated dtb with Realtek. WiFi is night and day difference with the new dtb on my MXIII, but will stick to LAN since the card isn't the best.

EDIT: It seems you can't use both WiFi & BT at the same time. If WiFi is connected I cannot connect to my BT speaker, if my BT speaker is connect WiFi fails to connect.
    EDIT2:It seems you have to connect to wifi then turn wifi off, turn on BT reboot and connect speaker then turn on wifi. After that reboot a second time and they both work.
    EDIT3: WiFi also seems to just die after a few minutes of streaming as reported by kostaman on build 007. It could be hardware since i rarely use or tested WiFi. Maybe others that actually use it can confirm?

Edited once, last by JonSnow (October 15, 2016 at 1:24 AM).

• EDIT: It seems you can't use both WiFi & BT at the same time. If WiFi is connected I cannot connect to my BT speaker, if my BT speaker is connect WiFi fails to connect.
    EDIT2:It seems you have to connect to wifi then turn wifi off, turn on BT reboot and connect speaker then turn on wifi. After that reboot a second time and they both work.

I have this exact same issue with Kii pro too.

• EDIT3: WiFi also seems to just die after a few minutes of streaming as reported by kostaman on build 007.

MiniMx g or 111 2Gb / 16Gb all black no beelink branding.
    LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0.2.008.img.gz (Running Nand Install)
    7.0.2.008 Device tree . gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb
    No issues with wifi dropping. Just tried 1080p movie stream for 15 minutes. Constant 7.5mb forward. 100%
    Hope the new Device tree Installed during update.
    Try manually installing it. dd

• Mine is the s905 mate. and wifi works spot on.

Would the 2.4 / 5 g wifi of the s905x be better than the 2.4 g wifi of the S905?
    Also is the wifi on the S905 better compared to other boxes?
    I'm looking for the box with the best wifi or one with good wifi.

• Thanks for the updated dtb with Realtek. WiFi is night and day difference with the new dtb on my MXIII,

I did not use a Realtek device tree .008 as i have never had to in previous versions for this particular box.
    Confirming i am using gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb

• I did not use a Realtek device tree .008 as i have never had to in previous versions for this particular box.
    Confirming i am using gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb

Mines is the Beelink branded version and using gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit.dtb had absolutely slow wifi, the new Realtek dtb is 100x better, i may just need to do further testing to 100% sure.

• Hi all,

I'm now a huge new fan of LibreELEC and get it running on whatever I can. I have however bought a Beelink Miii ii with the S905X chip as it turns out this was a mistake because the wifi chip is not supported. (I have not received it yet in the mail)

I am just wondering if you guys think the Aigale WiFi chips will ever be supported or should I send the box back??

Thoughts??