LibreELEC (Leia) 9.2 ALPHA1 with Raspberry Pi 4B Support

• On my end it is easily reproducible. It only crashes when trying to connect to the network. And no, I can not connect to the network, even when it does not crash. This problem is nonexistent in Raspbian, implying it is a software issue.

Does LibreELEC do vnc? I can privately give you ssh, if you want to explore and reproduce the issue yourself. Unfortunately I do not have a second Pi or sd card to absolutely verify this is a software issue.

MIne has the video files in network and I use userdata.xml to point to a mysql database and crasching after 5 minutes of use is simple unusable waiting for another build patiently

• Add hdmi_enable_4k=1 to config.txt and you should see the 4kp60 modes.

(4kp60 requires higher clock frequencies and scrambling so isn't enabled by default).

HDR isn't currently supported but should come soon.

Will give it a try. Thanks for the info

• I just need to figure out how much clearance above the fan shim I'll need for the TV HAT and how to bodge the Pimoroni Pibow case to fit it all (the case bolts won't be long enough).

Phil

Get a small fan and fit it on top,outside of the case..

• Hello

I encounter the issue below with Python on Raspberry Pi 4

I am not sure that this is limited to the Python multiprocessing module

This issue does not occur with 9.1.001 (RPi2.arm)

I could not find a fix

The only meaningful occurrence of semlocktype I could find is here

I hope someone here knows how to fix

Let me know how I can help

• I am not sure where to report this since it is not clear what caused it. The Netflix addon got smashed. Until yesterday it was working and now it is not anymore. Settings screen is completely wiped, nothing to configure anymore. Tried to reinstall, no success.

Any one else can confirm this.

• This could be an obscure python build issue. I've built the RPi4 release image in a Debian Stretch chroot on my laptop, the other release images were built by jenkins.

I see that SemLockType is not defined in my RPi builds in the chroot, but on an older LE 9.0 RPi2 build on my other build box with Debian Stretch I see it's defined. Looks like for some odd reason semaphore.c (which defines SemLockType) wasn't built in the chroot.

I'll dig into what went wrong, probably some missing hint to configure.

The next release will be built by jenkins, so it'll probably be fine even if I don't find out what went wrong by then :)

so long,

Hias

• I just need to figure out how much clearance above the fan shim I'll need for the TV HAT and how to bodge the Pimoroni Pibow case to fit it all (the case bolts won't be long enough).

Phil

Pimoroni used to sell extra slices for Pibow cases to let you make them HAT-friendlier. Not sure if they still do? They are usually pretty helpful via email (though a lot busier these days!)

• Hi i did a lot of testing and playing with temps, used various cases and added heatsink, you can see it in post #96. Link below. It should be repaired in new firmwares, but active cooling should help a lot too. I'm waiting for my reseler when he will have coolers I will test it with custom case.

LibreELEC (Leia) 9.2 ALPHA1 with Raspberry Pi 4B Support

• Add hdmi_enable_4k=1 to config.txt and you should see the 4kp60 modes.

(4kp60 requires higher clock frequencies and scrambling so isn't enabled by default).

HDR isn't currently supported but should come soon.

Update. I did this and sure enough the 4k 60hz modes appeared. Thanks again.