Early mainline images for RK3288, RK3328 and RK3399

• Hi Kwiboo,

wonderfull built and also thanks for the support and feedback. I did a quick test on the RockPro64 with the following results:

-> Kodi starts without any problems

-> All 1080p/i videos work, without any green blocks or blury decoding, as reported in the previous images.

-> x265 HEVC videos don't work (1080). Sounds start, but no video is played.

I think x265 is still missing from Hantro drivers, so I won't post log files. If you need some, just let me know.

• Hi Kwiboo,
    Thank you very much for the new builds.
    on my thinkerboard s I can confirm that it works as expected. No stuttering, no blocks it works just fine. The only thing that I noticed was that DTS-HD audio is not working in regards with bitstreaming. There was just noise, no audio.

• Should downscaling 8bit h264 4k-Content to 1080p work? Or is decoding >1080p currently unsupported (isn't clearly stated in the start thread)? Doesn't work for me on RK3328 (Rockbox)

• I am struggling with getting a decent resolution (1280x720) out of my H96 Max+ (rk3328) and Sony TV. This is, with the latest mainline images and also self built ones based on the mater.

To me it looks like we fail to read the EDID data and fall back to 1024x768 which at least gives me video. Without Kwiboo 's patches I won't even get a picture.

What confuses me (I am new to HDMI) is that we do not read anything form I2C address 0x50 (only 0x30). The same I see with the Rockchip 4.4 kernel (but strangely do not have a resolutions issue there). So, I suspect that to be the reason for /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/edid being empty. With the mainline kernel I only see VESA modes in /sys/class/drm/card0-HDMI-A-1/modes. With the Rockchip kernel I see the correct modes.

The behavior must somehow be related to my TV. When using a random LCD monitor reading of the EDID works. However, my Orange Pi PC (H3, similar HDMI HW) with Linux 5.4.8 can read the EDID from the TV.

I am happy to continue digging. However, hints are highly appreciated. It is hard to believe that a bug in my device tree file is the reason.

Cheers,

Ezra.

Edited 3 times, last by easyb (January 21, 2020 at 9:18 AM).

• Hi.
    Kwiboo, i tried image LibreELEC-RK3399.arm-9.80-devel-20191231084237-fae7724-rockpro64.img.gz

But, for me don't work DVB-S2 SkyStar 2 eXpress HD on RockPro64. I don't see information about dvb-s2:

Code
    LibreELEC:~ # dmesg | grep pci
    [    2.154883] vcc3v3_pcie: supplied by vcc12v_dcin

It says here detect Digital Devices Cine S2 V6 that dvb-s2 another card runs on linux 5.4-rc6

Are you can compile image with support DVB-S2 pci-e?

P.S. My dvb-s2 SkyStar 2 eXpress HD work on X86 desktop systems with TBS drivers CrazyCat (in offical dvb addon LE).

Show:

Code
    $ dmesg | grep dvb[ 7.658121] kernel-overlays-setup: processing conf /storage/.cache/kernel-overlays/50-driver.dvb.crazycat.conf[ 7.684689] kernel-overlays-setup: added modules from /usr/lib/kernel-overlays/driver.dvb.crazycat/lib/modules/5.1.16[ 12.033298] dvbdev: DVB: registering new adapter (SAA716x dvb adapter) 

How i can get image with TBS drivers CrazyCat?

Edited once, last by blackride (February 11, 2020 at 3:05 PM).

• Hi, this image works great, but I have been having trouble getting plugins to install due to a missing urllib2.

Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I suppose I failed giving enough background information. I am using LibreELEC-RK3288.arm-9.80-devel-20191231082330-fae7724-tinker.img. I am assuming my issues to be related to the fact that the image only contains python 3. What is the best way for me to get to a kernel 5.5 image with a kodi that is hardware accelerated (Asus Tinkerboard) and at the same time usable in the sense of working with current plugins? I have looked at Kwiboo's github, rockchip-mainline. I assume that I would need to adjust the kodi 'package' versions and compile, but how do I best find out which ones to use? (sorry, I am new to this build system)

Edited once, last by Blind55: forgot to provide enough information (March 6, 2020 at 2:20 AM).

• Hi, Kwiboo.

My board is H96 Max Plus (Rockchip 3328)

These images have worked:

LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.80-devel-20191231082706-fae7724-rockbox.img.gz
    LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.80-devel-20191231082706-fae7724-rock64.img.gz

with rk3328-box-h96mp.dtb

Kodi starts: OK

Ethernet: OK

HDMI CEC: OK

HDMI audio: OK

IR: OK

1080p/i videos: OK

There are some interface issues (when change the source on TV or turn on/off or unplug-plug in HDMI) then the whole image is red filter

And repositories do not work (failed to connect)

• There are some interface issues (when change the source on TV or turn on/off or unplug-plug in HDMI) then the whole image is red filter

I have noticed the same. I might look into that some more at some point (if it is not fixed by then).

• I have noticed the same. I might look into that some more at some point (if it is not fixed by then).

There are some interface issues (when change the source on TV or turn on/off or unplug-plug in HDMI) then the whole image is red filter

For red filter, try this:

Code
    echo ff3c0000.hdmi > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/dwhdmi-rockchip/unbind
    echo ff3c0000.hdmi > /sys/bus/platform/drivers/dwhdmi-rockchip/bind

If system crash (could be a bug), try this:

Code
    kodi-send --action="ToggleDPMS" 
    kodi-send --action="ToggleDPMS"
  • Kwiboo

Is it possible to build some newer test images?

There are now VP9 support, more wifi driver support in mainline kernel and new DRMPrime software decoding not merged yet in Kodi, which would be interesting to test.

For RK3399

Hope the 4K resolution, fractional frame-rate support and 10-bit color will also be possible soon.

Then everything will be supported except H265 and HDR playback.

• Hi, Kwiboo.

My board is H96 Max Plus 4GB/32GB - RK 3328 (8D4_v 1.1)

These images have worked:

LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.80-devel-20191231082706-fae7724-rockbox.img.gz

with rk3328-box-h96mp.dtb

Kodi starts: OK

Ethernet: OK

HDMI CEC: OK

HDMI audio: OK

IR: OK

1080p/i videos: OK

Repositories do not work (failed to connect),

How to fix it? I would prefer the stable version of Kodi 18.7. Could you compile? Now most of the bebe plugins (Polish TV) do not work. Thank you and best regards.