Posts by Ant123

Hey, LE team.

I just want to say great work developing LibreELEC.

I am really enjoying this latest official LE release for my RK3328 box.

I was just wondering how to create an advancedsettings.xml file which would allow me to disable HW acceleration for MPEG2 files just so I don't have to go into settings every time I play one of those files.

What would that file look like?

Hi Ant123. I don't think I can help you there. For me everything just works with the AlfawiseH96pp key mapping referenced in rc_maps.cfg. What kind of remote do you have? Is it an USB remote?

Actually, yesterday I realized that the remote that came with my box has one IR key, which is the power button.

But still, I can turn the box off with one click, but it doesn't turn back on.

I'm not sure, but maybe it's because when my box is turned off, there is no LED at all. It should be red, but the light completely goes off.

Hey, easyb.

I managed to get my IR remote working almost perfectly in LE on an RK3328 box.

My box is R10 box. It came with an air mouse, not an IR remote. So I bought a cheap IR remote off eBay and got it to work in LE.

All the buttons I programmed work, but I can't power the box back on after I shut it down.

Is there a way to fix that?

I can send you my remote.conf files if necessary.

Hey, mo123, could you maybe build the RK3328 image for "Generic Rockchip Box" with MPEG4 HW acceleration?

Hi.

These older builds by kwiboo (Index of /test/old/) don't have choppy mpeg4 playback. I don't think they use HW decoding either, but the choppy playback is due to a scaling issue or something like that.

However, playback of HEVC files is broken on this build because it's Kernel 5.x and possibly some other stuff doesn't work fine as well.

Is there a way to make IR remote work on RK3328 Android box running LibreELEC? Am I missing something?

I access the box through PuTTY and the box registers the keys on my remote when I press them. I put the appropriate files in storage/.config just like I do on an Amlogic box, but here nothing happens. After reboot, my box still doesn't recognize the remote.

Hey, everyone.

Great job on development of LE for Rockchip devices.

I just have one problem which has been persistent from the first image I tested, which is that MPEG-4 (Layer 2) videos (so mainly older XviD/DiVX videos) stutter badly on my RK3328 Android box. It's like that on the official 9.2 Beta1 version as well as the latest nightly image.

Now, one of the developers on this thread has managed to fix this issue with the last image he released back in May, but the playback of other video types is very bad compared to the official version or the latest nightlies.

So I was wondering if you could somehow apply the good side of this image regarding MPEG-4 video playback while keeping everything else the same? :)

Thank you.

anyone running libreelec on H96 Max Plus?

or which device's img should i use with RK3328 chipset?

Hi. I don't own H96 Max Plus RK3328 box, but a lot of other users experience issues booting LibreELEC from it.

Here's a link where Balbes offered some help (check out the first comment on the page) on how to boot LE from your box: Libreelec for rk3328 - FreakTab

I hope it helps because I really don't understand anything. :)

Gigabit ethernet is broken for all RK3328 devices at the moment., Kwiboo said he will look into it.

It is working on the old 4.4 kernel images that are now discontinued.

By running the MVR9 images on your device, you must make sure your device also uses DDR4 RAM otherwise in the long run it will cause wear & tear on your RAM chips and can also cause stuttering video playback if used on a DDR3 device.

Kwiboo, we really need new images for testing, please :)

After reading your feedback I stopped using the MVR9 image because it turns out the 2GB version of my R10 RK3328 box uses DDR3. So now I use the 'Generic Rockchip Box' image of LE 9.1.002 (Kernel 4.4). This one has wired, no wireless internet. The rest of it looks the same like MVR9.

So is this one okay for DDR3?

Hi, guys. First of all, let me congratulate everyone for making amazing progress on making LibreELEC work as perfect as possible on Rockchip devices.

I thought I'd give feedback regarding my overall experience after testing various current images for RK3328 devices and hopefully this feedback will help improve any future releases.

First off, I am running an R10 RK3328 Android TV Box.

Second, my preferred LibreELEC build is the latest MVR9 image (LibreELEC 9.2 Alpha) which you can download right from this site: Rockchip – LibreELEC

I have tested all the LibreELEC 9.2 Alpha images for RK3328 devices. They all boot into LibreELEC but MVR9 image works best for me because I get Internet connection via Wi-Fi (wired connection doesn't work) and I get sound from my speakers via AV port by selecting the I2S analogue sound option in Kodi settings.

Regarding other LibreELEC 9.2 Alpha versions I tested, some of them don't have Internet at all / others have Internet via Ethernet but no Wi-Fi, but those images don't have the I2S analogue sound option so I get no sound to my speakers.

Okay, that would be my feedback regarding sound and Internet.

Now, to the second part, which is video playback.

Again, LibreELEC 9.2 Alpha MVR9 image works best for me. There are only two small problems: a) colors in 4K videos seem to be a bit washed up. That's especially apparent if I bring up navigation bar during playback. Then the colors become even more pale

b) MPEG-4 files are extremely choppy as LibreELEC 9.2 Alpha doesn't yet use HW acceleration for those files, so I guess that's where the problem lies.

The two latest developmental images I've tested have other bugs, but they fix these two video playback problems for me.

First off, regarding washed up colors in 4K videos, the latest MVR9 LibreELEC version on this link (LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.80-nightly-20190719-235fdbc-box-trn9.img.gz) has better colors, but here videos get a bit choppy when bringing up the navigation bar.

And secondly, regarding choppy MPEG-4 videos, the latest image by Kwiboo (LibreELEC-RK3328.arm-9.1-devel-20190512173254-bdfaff1-box-trn9.img.gz) fixes that problem, but the playback of other video formats has gotten worse and very, very buggy.

So, if you could somehow merge the official RK3328 MVR9 image with the good points from these two other images, it would improve things a lot.

I guess my recommended list of fixes would be:

1) HW acceleration for MPEG-4 files

2) improved 4K video colors

3) Ethernet connection available on MVR9 image.

Thank you for reading. :)

Thank you. I finally managed to boot into LibreELEC. The latest image was no good, but the previous one allowed me to boot into LibreELEC but every single video I tried freezes after about 5 seconds. So now it's all about testing images and seeing which one is the best one for my s905W box.

At least I'm past the boot loops now. :)