Trash-talk vol 2

• This is a bullshit statement. LE dropped support for AML boxes (and this is still the status of LE on AMLogic), this was the very reason why CE branched. All of the current leia builds running LE are highly experimental and largely unstable compared to CE and are not officially supported.

If dropping support for the huge number of people running AMLogic boxes is universal support then you live in astrange sub-universe. People who have been in this game a lot longer than you are simply pointing out the reality that CE is the only fully supported and stable solution for AMLogic boxes - and that reality is entirely down to LE's policy decisons.

Shoog

I really don't want to continue OT but this is simply not true.

LibreELEC never officially supported generic Amlogic devices, there were always only community builds from me, Balbes and many other builders/developers. There was a plan to merge community efforts to main LibreELEC branch but due to some disagreements on the way the project should go people interested in supporting Amlogic forked to CoreELEC.

Now really please stop putting fuel into this flame of hate, and let's focus on fun things, like development.

Shoog I couldn't of said it better myself.

It is no secret that the admins here have never liked Amlogic with all its "hacks" and now they have sent kszaq to do their dirty work and remove it.

Goodbye Amlogic 3.14 by kszaq · Pull Request #3458 · LibreELEC/LibreELEC.tv · GitHub

You only have to look at who has liked this pull request to realise how out of touch the admins here are with their userbase.

This is the exact reason CoreELEC was created.

Stop making up stories.

• To take the libreelec image further for S905X2/s922, you need people to test the image and write it. And that's what this is actually about in this post. Let's look together that it works that way.

Thanks to all devs who spent time to create this images.

• Stop making up stories.

Which part did I make up?

The fact admins here never liked the idea of generic Amlogic with all its evil bad nasty hacks?

Are you really trying tell the whole forum that it was solely your idea and nobody else had any input in your decision to send that PR to strip all of your work from LE?

Or how out of touch the admins here are with the users?

How many times have users asked for something to be included in LE to be told no, no, no, a simple symlink just so we can use Entware for example? Even that is too much to ask.

• Are you really trying tell the whole forum that it was solely your idea and nobody else had any input in your decision to send that PR to strip all of your work from LE?

Yes, it was solely my idea and the reasons are outlined in PR description.

• Also same story with removing cron support from busybox which is PR from another admin here because there is systemd timers, users are second place here it seems.

These are not even big changes like this.

• Also same story with removing cron support from busybox which is PR from another admin here because there is systemd timers, users are second place here it seems.

These are not even big changes like this.

I think it does none of us any favours to take this tone. LE is a big project and competing needs have to be weighed up. We should be grateful for both the LE and CE teams in all their hard work so far. If you don't like the tone of a project then don't use it. i personally use both and am grateful for both teams.

Shoog

• I think it does none of us any favours to take this tone. LE is a big project and competing needs have to be weighed up. We should be grateful for both the LE and CE teams in all their hard work so far. If you don't like the tone of a project then don't use it. i personally use both and am grateful for both teams.

Shoog

It's hard not to be annoyed when decisions and moves like this are taken.

Some of us do not want to use other projects but are forced to merely because of things like this.

• I can read fine, maybe you should learn some humility rather than being arrogant and hostile with users.

Balbes150 has created numerous projects, that have breathed new life into a lot of older AND newer Chinese Android boxes. I run Linux and LibreELEC on different boxes that he gave support to. Without his endeavors and genius, most of my "cheap" boxes would be in the trash bin, instead they are very useful, now that Balbes has created OS's for them..

• Thankfully he's someone else's nightmare to contend with these days, not ours. Not much sleep lost to his trolling :)

Whats your nightmare is everyone else's joy. When it comes down to it all the average user should care about is a working OS which is what adams team has delivered. Take a chill pill all this hate is bad for you.

Shoog

• We all need to take a deep breath and recite "fcuk off Adam" a few times (genuflecting optional) and hope that Smurfette can find something more productive to do with "her" time.

This shows a non inclusive behavior from your part. Technical limitations and strategic/political decisions apart, this type of messages don't help the community (or communities) to get a long.

Being an outsider, and have only followed up the story via forum posts, I personally don't see the need to send someone f* up.

It's offensive and it shows a utter lack of respect for the next.

• Whats your nightmare is everyone else's joy. When it comes down to it all the average user should care about is a working OS which is what adams team has delivered. Take a chill pill all this hate is bad for you.

Shoog

The "hate" is pretty much in one direction - towards us - hence the sock-puppet accounts you'll find on the internet where hate is spewed towards chewitt, myself and LibreELEC in general even though we have and want nothing to do with CoreELEC.

If CoreELEC works for you that's absolutely fantastic, I totally get that as a user you only care about the product and not personalities, but we (as a development team) don't want or need others harassing/abusing _our_ members, and interfering with and generally spreading FUD about _our_ project, thank you very much.

This shows a non inclusive behavior from your part. Technical limitations and strategic/political decisions apart, this type of messages don't help the community (or communities) to get a long.

Being an outsider, and have only followed up the story via forum posts, I personally don't see the need to send someone f* up.

It's offensive and it shows a utter lack of respect for the next.

Unfortunately you probably aren't aware of the back story[1] to all of this, but the "smurfette" socket puppet is the CoreELEC admin (AdamG) spreading FUD - this is at least his second or third LibreELEC forum account to be banned after trash talking the LE project and/or members, and he also impersonates LibreELEC forum members on other sites spewing more hate towards LibreELEC team members.

It's pathetic, so yeah, the non-inclusive behaviour is fully warranted!

1. I'll give you a potted summary: the CoreELEC founders claim they were "thrown out of Team LibreELEC" when in fact they left of their own accord because they couldn't handle their Amlogic contributions being peer-reviewed, and since then they've been sniping at LibreELEC while consuming _everything_ we produce and giving _nothing_ back. They left, it was their choice, and they're full of animosity/hate - there's little we can do about how they feel to be honest, but we certainly won't tolerate their sh*t on our forum.

• If CoreELEC works for you that's absolutely fantastic, I totally get that as a user you only care about the product and not personalities, but we (as a development team) don't want or need others harassing/abusing _our_ members, and interfering with and generally spreading FUD about _our_ project, thank you very much.

I'm torn because I care about both, but as an outsider and an amlogic user, I see that there are things that don't work in libreelec but do in coreelec. I'm currently using libreelec but planning to switch to coreelec due to the above, however, reading these messages, I'm not sure it's the right thing to do.