[S812] MIII Plus 2Gb\16Gb eMMC

• Thank you for your help balbes150

To force RGB on my s905xand my s912 I do this :

The command for forceRGB is

Code

1. echo 1 > /sys/class/amhdmitx/amhdmitx0/output_rgb

You can type it using SSH while your box is on. If the workaround works fine, you can add it to autostart.sh.

• To install to the internal memory you can use the menu item "Reboot from install to eMMC" in the mode of shutdown\reboot. When you reboot the system will automatically attempt to install LE in the internal memory.

Where's this menu item? I've currently installed on my box your LibreElec 20170614, and when I click on Exit in Kodi, I don't see this option.
    Is it present in Android? I don't understand.
    Thanks

• @balbes150

I've a TronSmart MXIII 2GB/16GB. Till now every new builds install without a problems (sd card), but with latest build - after 20170614 - libreelec stop on install with "file corruption error".
    Trying to install the 20170704 build too, but same "file corruption error". Reinstalling build 20170614 and install works fine.

Now I'm in fear when upgrading cause lost all my customizations and configuration.
    Any solution for backup and restore entire sd card after a broken upgrade?

Thanks

I have the same problem. The MXIII was working perfectly the July update and now I get the file corruption error. I have tried re-installing the 14 June version with two micro sd cards. Same error. If no micro sdcard present, the box boots into android. I would be grateful for any suggestions to get the box working again. [Edit] I can boot into LE using a usb stick with the 14 June version.

Edited once, last by Ozcube (July 11, 2017 at 12:04 PM).

• I have the same problem. The MXIII was working perfectly the July update and now I get the file corruption error. I have tried re-installing the 14 June version with two micro sd cards. Same error. If no micro sdcard present, the box boots into android. I would be grateful for any suggestions to get the box working again. [Edit] I can boot into LE using a usb stick with the 14 June version.

Unfortunately it looks like balbes150 has removed the two versions that worked on SD cards.. :(

To get back working I used LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-8.0.2.img.gz as the base install and then used LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-17.3_20170622.tar to update ....

(If you use an remote MySQL database be sure to enable "Wait For Network")

I have not tried LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-17.3_20170707.tar to see if it causes the issue...

If balbes150 does not have these two I can share them with you on dropbox if you PM me your email address....

balbes150 have you any idea why LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-17.3_20170622 will boot from SD but LibreELEC-S812.LAN_100.arm-17.3_20170628 & LibreELEC-S812.LAN_100.arm-17.3_20170614 fail with the corruption problem ?

• To get back working I used LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-8.0.2.img.gz as the base install and then used LibreELEC-S812.MXIII_Plus.arm-17.3_20170622.tar to update ....

Is your internet working? I can boot into LE with the usb but my wired internet is not working and there is no option for wireless (not that I really want that). Something strange is going on but Balbes is very clever and I am sure he will work it out when he has some spare time. :)

• Does anyone have this working from SD card on an MX3 (S802, 2Gb, 100M Lan) ? I had it boot from USB only and it did not pick up my WiFi, so 2 issues really.

• Is your internet working? I can boot into LE with the usb but my wired internet is not working and there is no option for wireless (not that I really want that). Something strange is going on but Balbes is very clever and I am sure he will work it out when he has some spare time. :)

I had the same problem when I updated to the newer version. Boots fine but no internet at all hard wired. Had to go back to older version 06-14 to get things working.

• Not sure if that was reported or not.

I Installed LibreElec on my Probox2 Ex+ .

Everything is going relatively fine as long as I use wired internet connection.

When going to WiFi - it works for 5 seconds and then is gone -- appears as connected but nothing works (related to the internet) and very often the system is stuck and I have to reboot.

• Is your internet working? I can boot into LE with the usb but my wired internet is not working and there is no option for wireless (not that I really want that). Something strange is going on but Balbes is very clever and I am sure he will work it out when he has some spare time. :)

Ethernet worked for me OTB, didnt need any patches, lucky I guess :)

• MXIII_plus 20170801

I have an MXIII G with 2GB RAM 8GB ROM, 4K x 2K H.265 Decoding, Amlogic S812 1000M Ethernet HDMI 2.4G 5G WiFi Bluetooth Connectivity. I believe it has the 4335 wifi chipset, but can't be sure based on searches I have tried. I am currently running Wilro's 7.1.c LE rom -

[ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MXIII-G & Tronsmart MXIII+ - FreakTab.comThe specs are very similar to the MXIII Plus. Is your rom dated 20170801 the version I should try flashing onto this box?

• I have an MXIII G with 2GB RAM 8GB ROM, 4K x 2K H.265 Decoding, Amlogic S812 1000M Ethernet HDMI 2.4G 5G WiFi Bluetooth Connectivity. I believe it has the 4335 wifi chipset, but can't be sure based on searches I have tried. I am currently running Wilro's 7.1.c LE rom -

[ROM] Unofficial OpenELEC for MXIII-G & Tronsmart MXIII+ - FreakTab.comThe specs are very similar to the MXIII Plus. Is your rom dated 20170801 the version I should try flashing onto this box?

Well, I gave it a shot and could not get the LE logo to appear. Here is a method I found on this site and used:

1- formated your micro SD carte with SD Formater
    2- copy the 2 files in the SD card (aml_autoscript ans aml_autoscript.zip)
    3- insert the sd card in the box
    4- Go the apps Update/Backup
    5- do the update, your box will reboot in android system
    6- Take the microSD, and now create the LibreElec card with win32 disk image
    7- delete the two file (aml_autoscript ans aml_autoscript.zip) from the card
    8- put the sd card in you box and reboot it
    9- if all is ok you will have the LibreElec logo boot

When I rebooted I received the 120 second notice before an automatic repair was started. Using the toothpick method did not start Libreelec.

So I am stuck here and would appreciate some help. I tried the 20170801 rom that was posted.

• Try this procedure. To download the image LE. To capture the image (not changing after recording). To connect to the TV box and use the toothpicks. The system shall automatically update the multi-boot and start. Pay attention, all the latest images have all the necessary files, anything in addition to download and burn don't need.

• Try this procedure. To download the image LE. To capture the image (not changing after recording). To connect to the TV box and use the toothpicks. The system shall automatically update the multi-boot and start. Pay attention, all the latest images have all the necessary files, anything in addition to download and burn don't need.

OK, I formatted the SD card, then I used the downloaded .img.gz from 20170801, extracted the .img file and then burned that to the SD card. I did not remove or add any files to the card. Then I put the SD card into the box, used the toothpick method and nothing happened after 60 seconds. When I removed the toothpick the GoogleTV image comes up, then disappears after maybe 10 seconds and the 120 second/ automatic repair message appears on the top left of the box.

When I remove the card and boot the box goes into Android successfully.

I have attached a snip of the files that are on the card.

Note that I did use the update&backup app to install the aml_autoscript files prior to trying your method.

Thanks for your help.