[S812] MIII Plus 2Gb\16Gb eMMC

• My M8S seems ENY's M8S 2GB/8GB. I try Libreelec 8.0 I could install and works. But remote couldn't work only I can use for power off.
    And problem with reboot, I had to re plug always. I think it's dtb problem where can I found my device tree?

6330 ap+2GB/8GB+10/100 Fastethernet version

Thank you so much your great job! balbes150

• My M8S seems ENY's M8S 2GB/8GB. I try Libreelec 8.0 I could install and works. But remote couldn't work only I can use for power off.
    And problem with reboot, I had to re plug always. I think it's dtb problem where can I found my device tree?

6330 ap+2GB/8GB+10/100 Fastethernet version

Thank you so much your great job! balbes150

I'm running Balbes latest lan1000 version on my ENY M8S just fine. No problems with the remote or power on/off. I will post my remote.conf this evening.

• My recovery firmware comes from the ENY site (search for EM8S): EM8-M8C and M8S Amlgoic S812 Support Firmware-Android TV Box , Android TV Sitck,Google TV Box, Google TV Stick, China Manufacturer Supplier

This is the content of my remote.conf (copy and paste it in a text file and rename it to remote.conf):

# ZAP-A10 NEC remote
    factory_code = 0xfe010001
    work_mode = 0
    repeat_enable = 1
    release_delay = 121
    debug_enable = 1
    reg_control = 0xfbe40

key_begin
    0x4e 2 ;NUM_1
    0x0d 3 ;NUM_2
    0x0c 4 ;NUM_3
    0x4a 5 ;NUM_4
    0x09 6 ;NUM_5
    0x08 7 ;NUM_6
    0x46 8 ;NUM_7
    0x05 9 ;NUM_8
    0x04 10 ;NUM_9
    0x01 11 ;NUM_0
    0x42 111 ;DEL
    0x51 105 ;LEFT
    0x16 103 ;UP
    0x50 106 ;RIGHT
    0x1a 108 ;DOWN
    0x13 28 ;OK
    0x10 74 ;VOL-
    0x41 66 ;MUTE
    0x11 172 ;HOME
    0x4c 46 ;MENU
    0x18 78 ;VOL+
    0x19 14 ;EXIT
    0x40 116 ;POWER

0x5a 119
    0x59 122
    0x52 128
    0x58 123
    0x54 120
    0x55 121
    0x45 130
    0x49 134
    0x0a 133
    0x48 138
    0x4d 70
    0x0e 136
    0x0f 135
    0x43 132
    0x03 127
    0x06 139
    0x44 140
    0x00 63
    key_end

• Thank you for your help, but when I put modified remote.conf to configuration folder HDMI-CEC doesn't work
    So I use keymap editor addon to solve, then TV remote and original cheap remote works well both :)

• Getting fail trying to boot on sd card formatted fat32 and win32disk imager. when booting through SD it goes to recovery and says failed to mount/open cache. (invalid argument)
    failed to open or mount recovery/last_install and recovery/log?

Edited once, last by Doomkingdom (March 7, 2017 at 4:48 PM).

• Getting fail trying to boot on sd card formatted fat32 and win32disk imager. when booting through SD it goes to recovery and says failed to mount/open cache. (invalid argument)
    failed to open or mount recovery/last_install and recovery/log?

yeah I havnt been able to boot any Libreelec with Kodi17 on it from SDcard since they started being made. Have to use a USB flash drive, and even then I have one that works, and one that doesnt.

• This version of LibreELEC could't setting tvheadennd 4.2
    my eth is 10/100 cause it's problem maybe
    When I install this one I can use internet but changes Mac address. Bow can I use tvheadend 4.2?
    I wanna use m3u list

• balbes150 -
    tried latest and and get errors saying Invalid argument, read-only file system, fsk failed, your system is broken beyond repair.
    I'm on a Matricom Gbox Q2 (S812)

• For easier debugging, support WiFi, I have collected new images Armnian (Ubuntu Mate). This system is NOT yet intended for full video playback. This way is convenient for debugging and testing of the various modules and settings. To use. To download an image, burn to media, you can activate the multi-boot. All operations in the same way as when using LE. Pay attention to one difference - to start, you must be sure to manually add the correct dtb file (dtb.img) to the root of the FAT partition (you can choose from existing files on the media in the directory dtb). For WiFi settings you need from the terminal to boot to the desired module. For example "sudo modrobe dhd". Details initial settings Armbian to run the system can be read on the forum Armbian (the principles are the same for all models s8xxx and s9xxx). That would make work wifi network, You can freely in the working system to change\add configuration files to add / change files, firmware, etc. once You get a working configuration, it will be possible to port it to LE and assemble a working image LE.

Yandex.Disk

Amlogic - Armbian forum

• Thanks a lot Balbes, I really appreciate your work. As your LibreElec runs fine on my Eny M8S, I don't really need the testing, but I definitely will try you armbian version.

• For easier debugging, support WiFi, I have collected new images Armnian (Ubuntu Mate). This system is NOT yet intended for full video playback. This way is convenient for debugging and testing of the various modules and settings. To use. To download an image, burn to media, you can activate the multi-boot. All operations in the same way as when using LE. Pay attention to one difference - to start, you must be sure to manually add the correct dtb file (dtb.img) to the root of the FAT partition (you can choose from existing files on the media in the directory dtb). For WiFi settings you need from the terminal to boot to the desired module. For example "sudo modrobe dhd". Details initial settings Armbian to run the system can be read on the forum Armbian (the principles are the same for all models s8xxx and s9xxx). That would make work wifi network, You can freely in the working system to change\add configuration files to add / change files, firmware, etc. once You get a working configuration, it will be possible to port it to LE and assemble a working image LE.

Yandex.Disk

Amlogic - Armbian forum

Is it technically possible to use Kszaq's 905 strategy of making builds that you burn and add the correct dtb to?

I just used it on a few 905x devices and it's a very flexible approach.