7.0.2.007 build for S905

• @kzsaq - After looking inside my updated KII Pro box...it seems I have an RTL8211F for wifi.

The driver for this was not updated until the 4.2 kernel. linux/drivers/net/phy/realtek.c - Elixir - Free Electrons

Do your builds include this updated driver? If not - I can try to compile a build on my end, or if possible, could you add to the 008 update?

Thanks!

edit4ever

I have kii pro DVBS2 DVB-T2 which tested run in SDcard with Libreelec 7 devel (28/09/2016) and also Libreelec 702007 with 2g realtekwifi.dtb device tree. But the Wifi worked well.

I think wifi driver 802.11 b / g / n / ac Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth 4.0 (Ampak AP6335) was used for Kii pro.
    VideoStrong KII Pro Android Set-top Box with DVB-T2 & DVB-S2 Tuners Comes with 2GB RAM

ap6335_driver.tar.gz

Thank you for your great work!

• Depends on the A95X version that you've ordered. There are three, one version with S905 CPU, and two versions with the S905X CPU.
    What version did you order?

I thought the clue was in the name A95X :huh:
    I ordered a S905X with 2gb ram but until I actually see that it has these features I guess we'll never know with this multitude of 'cheap tat' from our busy Chinese friends :D

• hello,
    i was wondering what is the different between this build and C2 ? (can i use this one on a C2?)
    Do you plan one day to work on 3D mvc framepack option like on Rpi devices?

Thanks for your work.

w

• No clues there, because

Hi,
    I have two NexBox units. Though they are not physically identical, their specifications are the same . One is a NexBox A95X 2gb/16gb and the second one is a NexBox A5. Both units have the S905X processor. I tried LibreELEC 7.0.2.007 SD card version and, while it booted directly (no need to use toothpick method), upon reboot I got an error. I didn't replace the device tree because the instructions say I should keep it. I was trying to install it on the A95 model. Any help will be appreciated. Thank you very much.

• I thought the clue was in the name A95X :huh:
    I ordered a S905X with 2gb ram but until I actually see that it has these features I guess we'll never know with this multitude of 'cheap tat' from our busy Chinese friends :D

Have a look inside the box, just 4 screws under the rubber foot.

• I'm sure others have posted this but with 7.02.007 on a 1G/8G MiniMX (S905) there are odd issues with 1080i H264.

I'm playing a BBC One HD off-air DVB-S2 recording which is H264 (MBAFF) with 1080i25 (aka 1080/50i) motion and output at 1080p50 (aka 1080/50p). It looks to me like the chroma is being deinterlaced to 25p not 50p, though the luminance is being deinterlaced to 50p, either that or the chroma and luma are offset.

Saturated areas of colour on an interlaced source judder with this build.

Everything looks fine on material shot 25p (drama, documentary etc.) but fast motion interlaced content shows the issue.

I'm definitely also seeing some funny effects on fast motion H264 1080i content, very noticeable when watching football.

• Quote 'The number is under the heat sink. Remember to replace with new thermal compound'
    Not going to 'dismantle' to this degree, happy it's a S905X...
    I keep getting an error 'could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p1'..... hmmmm pondering........ lol

• Still working to troubleshoot the missing wifi on my custom KII Pro box...

Did a dump of the rom...is there anything I should look for in these files to get info?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

• Same here. Especially noticeable with bright (red) colors.

Just a minor annoyance though.

Sadly most of what I watch is 1080/50i (aka 1080i25) and I find the artefacts unwatchable (the S905 has a great deinterlacer - it's a pity this is borked at the moment) Will need to find a build that doesn't have this fault.

• Sadly most of what I watch is 1080/50i (aka 1080i25) and I find the artefacts unwatchable (the S905 has a great deinterlacer - it's a pity this is borked at the moment) Will need to find a build that doesn't have this fault.

Was same effect.
    after execute

Code
    echo 1 > /sys/module/di/parameters/bypass_all

effect gone.