7.0.2.007 build for S905

• Hello kszaq,

I finaly succed to install (sdcard boot) 007 version in my Mxq pro 4K !!! :):)
    But i can't install in nand device with "installtointernal" or with direct flash... same results, device doesn't boot. It just stuck on boot logo.

I tried a lot version dtb images...but no sucess.

Thx for your hard work!

Regards.

assume you used the mxq dtb? Do you know what motherboard you have and the firmware version? p200 or p201?

• Hello! First post here, I know it has been asked many times, but... my MXQ PRO 4K doesn't show P200 neither P201 outside or inside the box. What's the way to discover this? I know I could try without fear, but... . Moreover I would like to know if someone could link me to a working TWRP for this box. Looks it has no BT, but nevertheless SPMC is working well on Android. First LE install, but I have OE on Sd on all my other boxes.
    I must not forget to thank Kszaq and all the others involved in this project, and all participants to the thread, Kudos!
    Alessandro

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

Edited once, last by vn800art (September 11, 2016 at 9:32 PM).

• Hello! First post here, I know it has been asked many times, but... my MXQ PRO 4K doesn't show P200 neither P201 outside or inside the box. What's the way to discover this? I know I could try without fear, but... . Moreover I would like to know if someone could link me to a working TWRP for this box. Looks it has no BT, but nevertheless SPMC is working well on Android. First LE install, but I have OE on Sd on all my other boxes.

The SD install on your MXQ Pro is safe, even with a wrong device tree. Simply prepare the card, copy the most likely device tree file and rename as dtb.img, insert card into box and plug in power while pushing the hidden reset button in the A/V hole. Release button when Libreelec screen appears and wait for box to finish SD install.

Only if nothing happens or Libreelec cannot boot properly, remove card and change device tree file on your pc. No need to push button any more, as the SD boot option should already have been setup during the first run. If you notice any problems with LAN or WLAN later, you can try other dtb.img files.

Edited once, last by mmpp (September 11, 2016 at 10:07 PM).

• I tried this on my cheap x96 s905x and so far it seems to be working just fine :)
    will test some more,
    thanks for sharing

• kszaq: can we have a build with Audio Bug fixed for S905 pls ? yu said you have got the Patches from Amlogic. Its quite annoying to hear Squeezing and pulsating sound coming out of TV only when i enable Stereo Upmix, as soon as i disable it, strange sound disappears...

Any idea why and how to fix it ? i tried almost all the builds you built so far with and without patches... in every build it is evident.

Awaiting for your next release with Fix !. Thanks

• kszaq: can we have a build with Audio Bug fixed for S905 pls ? yu said you have got the Patches from Amlogic. Its quite annoying to hear Squeezing and pulsating sound coming out of TV only when i enable Stereo Upmix, as soon as i disable it, strange sound disappears...

Any idea why and how to fix it ? i tried almost all the builds you built so far with and without patches... in every build it is evident.

Awaiting for your next release with Fix !. Thanks

Not yet, the updated kernel has some serious issues with audio stuttering that I need to look into. I may not have time for this in upcoming days, busy with work and life overall.

• Didn't even thought that a similar site could exist!
    But, let me add my 2c. contribution: Here the site explaining
    Ssh commands - OpenELEC
    I usually download .zips from an Android phone and connect over the network to the box with x-plore file manager, which has an ssh terminal as a net plugin (included, scroll down to find it).
    Regards!

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

Edited once, last by vn800art (September 12, 2016 at 2:36 PM).

• Not yet, the updated kernel has some serious issues with audio stuttering that I need to look into. I may not have time for this in upcoming days, busy with work and life overall.

It's great to know who and what thank you for telling us.
    Do you think amlogic is already working on it, or it's not their problem and someone else has to deal with it ?

• It's great to know who and what thank you for telling us.
    Do you think amlogic is already working on it, or it's not their problem and someone else has to deal with it ?

If you ask about the issues I mentioned with latest kernel, they will be easy to solve as the kernel is working well on WeTek Hub. I need to look at new kernel settings and tune them for our needs. This won't require much time but first things first. [emoji6]

• And running smoothly from USB with 007 on my generic MXQ pro 4k, but I had to use the 201 device tree to get WiFI data up and running.
    (It would connect, but I just couldn't get data with the MXQ 4k pro device tree, should anybody have the same issue.. )

Brilliant build!

• I ask here on behalf of someone else:

Does anyone have 7.0.2.007 (or previous) build for S905 working on 'NEXBOX MXQ Pro',
    and, if so, using which dtb.img?

Here are some relevant details kindly gathered and provided by owner:
    (note that build.prop fingerprint does not mention p200 or p201)...

In case of no match I also asked for original dtb.img

build.prop:

Code
    ro.build.fingerprint=Android/mxqpro_nexbox/mxqpro_nexbox:5.1.1/MXQ-Pro-NEXBOX/20160309:userdebug/test-keys
    ro.product.model=Mxq-Pro-NEXBOX
    ro.board.platform=gxbaby

chipsets:

Code
    LAN: H1102NL - 1610
    RAM: SKhynix HSTQ4G63 AFA RDC 516A
    AV/SPDIF: MXT8234 158
    FLASH: San Disk x428107001 sdinrgama - 008G WB20160220 Taiwan
    WIFI: 8189ETV (RTL Realtek) G2033G2 GG07
    SD: GL850G (Genesys USB controller)

Edited once, last by Nofan Tasi (September 12, 2016 at 10:24 PM).

• Hi there i've tested the las firmware on a nexbox A95x but i've got only the image on a 1/4 screen, I've set the definition in 4k, the menu are displayed fine, but when I watch a video on 1080P or 4k it is displayed on 1/4 of the screen! thanks in advance for help.

• Installed on KII pro: no problem for upgrade, but now only one USB ( I have 4 USB) is working!! With 006 all 4 USB was working. I tried with hard disk and with a keyboard, always only one USB work.
    I don't changed my device tree because you wrote "this is not needed if everything worked for you at 7.0.2.006", it's correct?
    Now I go for downgrade at 006.
    [EDIT] Dear Kszaq, the build that work on my box (LibreELEC-S905.aarch64-7.0-devel-20160830160706-r23311-g51fe9ae.img.gz) is not available for download. This build don't work (USB problem) where can I download the old version?
    [EDIT2] In the meantime, I tried to change the device tree because I noticed that the new one is different.
    Now, 3 USB ports are working, and one not working.
    The strange is that the only USB that not working is the same that before, with old device tree, was the only working!!

Edited once, last by willyfan (September 12, 2016 at 11:14 PM).