7.0.2.007 build for S905

• Tested on Tania TX5 S905X (2g/8g):
    boot from SD card --- ok

Backup & Restore Problem
    I couldn't find backup folder. I had to backup to video folder.
    I got "*** Error in mount flash: mount common: Could not mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 ***" after restored.
    I had to pull out dc adapter and powered on.
    After then worked well.
    I tested that 3 times

Another problem is after power off, I got same error.

Edited once, last by garyang (September 8, 2016 at 3:07 PM).

• I have a strange sound coming every 5 minutes once I stop playing any add-on. During any add-on play pulsating strange sound doesn't come.
    I tried with various setting enabling and disabling... No result. Still having the same problem.
    I am using k1 plus s2 t2 on latest 007 version Libreelec Kszaq build.
    Anyone experiencing same problem?

• Edited once, last by tecbox (September 8, 2016 at 3:22 PM).

• I have a Mini M8S II (S905X) and 9 time out of 10, I get this:
    "Error in mount flash...bin/sh can't access tty: job control turned off"
    I have to unplug, plug the PS and pray for the box to boot.
    Installed 3 times: on uSD from 003 & 006 2 via upgrade then installed with image burning tool, same results.

HD Audio passthrough no longer work and is not in the option menu anymore.

I have a 7.1 setup and tested some audio files:

Multichannel PCM support:

5,1 FLAC : PCM works fine but 7.1 PCM is displayed on the receiver.
    (as expected since this is 5.1 file, nothing comes fron the rear surround speakers)
    (I tested the same files on the Pi3 and everything was OK(5.1 displayed on the Receiver)).

7.1 Files:

1- "7.1auditionOutLeader v2.wav": PCM works but the Rear Surround speakers are inverted with the Surround.
    Narrator says Rear Surround Left but is heard in the Surround Left.
    Same thing for the Right side.

2- "7.1Ch Dolby TrueHD - Speaker Mapping Test File" (out is PCM) same thing as the Rear Surround are inverted with the Surround.
    (I tested the same files on the Pi3 and everything was OK).

3- "dolby_digital_plus_channel_check_lossless-DWEU.mkv" (out is PCM) Rear Surround and Surround is played in the Surround speakers.

5.1 DD and DD+ are in PCM.

As expected since HD audio passthrough is not an option.
    DTS HD plays in DTS.

Great work, thanks for all your efforts,
    even with these little bugs this is much much better than Kodi on Android.

• Maybe you failed with reverted connect the speakers?

• Maybe you failed with reverted connect the speakers?

Hi,

I may be a newbie in this forum but I'm a very experienced electronic technician and engineer.

As I wrote: I tested the same files on the Pi3 and everything was OK.

I provided the tested files names to prove my facts.

Do the test and see (or hear) by yourself.

Thank!

• kszaq PM'D some logs after using speedtest addon where wifi breaks down and disconnects.
    No rush as i have exhausted the variables to the point of having no idea what i have achieved.

Can you try running with gxbb_p200_k1_plus.dtb if this is 1GB RAM box or gxbb_p200_k2_pro.dtb for 2GB RAM? These also have Realtek WiFi connected over SDIO bus and some little changes these trees have might help.

Then renamed it to dtb.img. The install goes fine but neither my stock remote nor the OTG port is working. I'm thinking this is because of the device tree??

For remote control you need remote.conf from Android firmware. For OTG port please try a new device tree that I've just uploaded: gxbb_p200_2G_1Gbit_OTG.dtb

I have a strange sound coming every 5 minutes once I stop playing any add-on. During any add-on play pulsating strange sound doesn't come.
    I tried with various setting enabling and disabling... No result. Still having the same problem.
    I am using k1 plus s2 t2 on latest 007 version Libreelec Kszaq build.
    Anyone experiencing same problem?

This is an issue that I have also experienced from time to time. This seems to be a bug in Amlogic kernel but fortunately today we got a bunch of kernel patches from Amlogic (thanks to Codesnake) and it is supposedly fixed. Next release.

I have a Mini M8S II (S905X) and 9 time out of 10, I get this:
    "Error in mount flash...bin/sh can't access tty: job control turned off"
    I have to unplug, plug the PS and pray for the box to boot.
    Installed 3 times: on uSD from 003 & 006 2 via upgrade then installed with image burning tool, same results.

I don't have a S905X device and thus I can't "officially" support it. At this point no one provided a solution to keep framebuffer console working and boot every time, as soon as there's a solution I will merge it into my releases.

5,1 FLAC : PCM works fine but 7.1 PCM is displayed on the receiver.
    (as expected since this is 5.1 file, nothing comes fron the rear surround speakers)
    (I tested the same files on the Pi3 and everything was OK(5.1 displayed on the Receiver)).

Amlogic driver at this point sets channel number to either 2.0 or maximum supported channel number by receiver. I hope this is not an issue?

1- "7.1auditionOutLeader v2.wav": PCM works but the Rear Surround speakers are inverted with the Surround.
    Narrator says Rear Surround Left but is heard in the Surround Left.
    Same thing for the Right side.

You may be right, I have no way to check it. ;) If this is confirmed by other users, I can modify channel map for future builds.

• kszaq I don't usually use WiFi but I thought I'd test it in case I need to use it in future and I'm having issues

T95N box - S905 - 1GB/8GB - 2.4 GHz - on SD card - 1080p TV
    Using - gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb

The WiFi enables as expected and connects. When attempting to watch LiveTV or play something from a network share it works fine for about a minute then the WiFi dies and I'm no longer able to ping the box. Requires unplugging and plugging back in to reboot and get the WiFi back for another minute.

Everything works great on the 100mbit ethernet.

According to dmesg it is using the RTL871X driver

• You may be right, I have no way to check it. If this is confirmed by other users, I can modify channel map for future builds.

I play channel_test_lpcm_7.1.mkv with my 5.1 system, and the surround channels I hear from the correct position.
    So I can not confirm this.
    My setup onkyo Tx-nr555 with 5.1 system
    Edit: I try with 7.1auditionOutLeader v2.wav, and sounds good too.

Maybe swapped the left Surround with the left rear Surround, and the right Surround with the right rear Surround. I cannot test it with 5.1 system.

The Dolby TrueHD test sound you hear with bitstream or decode to pcm?

Edited once, last by envagyok (September 8, 2016 at 8:48 PM).

• kszaq I don't usually use WiFi but I thought I'd test it in case I need to use it in future and I'm having issues

T95N box - S905 - 1GB/8GB - 2.4 GHz - on SD card - 1080p TV
    Using - gxbb_p200_1G_100M.dtb

The WiFi enables as expected and connects. When attempting to watch LiveTV or play something from a network share it works fine for about a minute then the WiFi dies and I'm no longer able to ping the box. Requires unplugging and plugging back in to reboot and get the WiFi back for another minute.

Everything works great on the 100mbit ethernet.

According to dmesg it is using the RTL871X driver

RTL871X is a generic label for Realtek drivers. Please try using a device tree for K1 Plus and tell me if it works.

I play channel_test_lpcm_7.1.mkv with my 5.1 system, and the surround channels I hear from the correct position.
    So I can not confirm this.
    My setup onkyo Tx-nr555 with 5.1 system
    Edit: I try with 7.1auditionOutLeader v2.wav, and sounds good too.

When you have 5.1 setup, kernel will automatically remap read and surround channels, that's why they may sound OK. With 7.1 system situation is different and we might in fact need to remap the channels in ALSA config a bit.