Upgraded from 8.2.5 to 9 on Intel Nuc. Calibration resets after each reboot.

• Why change/adjust TV settings to correct a KODI issue when there was none on the previous version.

And what effect will changing TV settings have on other attached devices like a dvd player, dvr, or tivo. ?

That would be my view .

Something has become broken here.

Is this a Kodi issue or Libreelec ?

• When i change the "Just Scan" Setting on my Samsung Series 6 2012 TV it resets after each start, no matter if its in standby or completely off. I need the calibration setting in Kodi

• Long story short .. there's nothing in the logs. For the sake of experimenting please configure things then stop Kodi with "systemctl stop kodi" and then reboot. Is the calibration preserved? .. this should isolate whether it's the multi-year recurring issue of the OS hard-terminating Kodi (because it's taken far too long to shut-down) which can corrupt guisettings.xml and results in a new file on restart. Also useful to know .. do other settings get lost too?

Question..... how to stop Kodi this way ? Accessing it remote by SSH ?

• Yes, I used Putty on Windows.

OK, done using putty from Windows. Sadly I confirm calibration setup after rebooting is lost again. Any other suggest, apart waiting a fix for next version ? I'm lucky I found a setup on LCD TV ( Old Sony Bravia BX37 ) to bypass the bug.

• OK, done using putty from Windows. Sadly I confirm calibration setup after rebooting is lost again. Any other suggest, apart waiting a fix for next version ? I'm lucky I found a setup on LCD TV ( Old Sony Bravia BX37 ) to bypass the bug.

Did your Sony TV Save the videosettings on reboot ?

• Got the same problem on my NUC. The video calibration is lost on reboot, didn't have this problem on 8.2.5. Has anyone found a solution for this problem?

*Edit* If i set the refresh rate of the GUI to 50 FPS instead of 60, it seems to not be reset on reboot.

*Edit2* Spoke to soon. Still resets...

Edited once, last by Swedie (February 11, 2019 at 1:47 PM).

• I have this issue also since LibreElec 9.0 (nvidia card with legacy drivers). After a reboot the calibration is lost. Interesting side note: i have two "1920x1080" screen size options to choose from in the KODI Settings. With LibreElec 8.2.5 i had only one screen size option per resolution to choose from. Maybe that's the cause?

• Best video quality is 1:1 pixel mapping without size calibration in Kodi. Using ‘Just Scan’ on LGs or ‘Full screen’ on Sonys removes the screen overscan and gives 1:1 pixel mapping. Size calibration will never give perfect digital video.

• Best video quality is 1:1 pixel mapping without size calibration in Kodi. Using ‘Just Scan’ on LGs or ‘Full screen’ on Sonys removes the screen overscan and gives 1:1 pixel mapping. Size calibration will never give perfect digital video.

This may be but a function that used to work now doesn't and it should be fixed irrespective of the workaround.

• This may be but a function that used to work now doesn't and it should be fixed irrespective of the workaround.

Really...? You want Kodi to fix a problem that your TV is creating in the first place? You shouldn't even need a workaround.

IMO your TV is currently not displaying your PC's video signal correctly because of an ancient souvenir called overscan which is applied by default, and right now it sounds like you are too lazy to fix your TV's wrong settings. "Just scan" on LG TVs works perfect for PC video signals. Using Kodi's calibration for that is totally ludicrous. You are now adjusting Kodi's output because your TV has the wrong display settings active. It's like going left 3 times when can also take a single right turn instead.

Sorry, but this is not a Kodi problem. It's your TV applying the wrong settings for processing an incoming 1:1 pixel perfect video signal. Only the fact that certain Kodi parameters not saved is lilkely a bug, but the display problem itself shouldn't even be there.

• If you don't want to wait you can try the latest Milhouse build LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)

Tried the Milhouse daily builds (Feb17-Feb21), and it does indeed fix the lost calibration settings, but my audio settings also goes fubar! Normally on my Chromebox, I have ALSA audio over HDMI, but with the Milhouse builds, audio locks into Bluetooth using PulseAudio, resulting in me loosing Audio, as the field is greyed/ghosted, and I cannot change! Any idea?

Edited once, last by odinb (February 22, 2019 at 5:15 PM).

• I've been experimenting with moving to Libreelec on an Intel NUC NUC7PJYH, but have been seeing a varying screen edge distortion in the menus. I see it connected to both a 2K monitor and a 4K TV. Playing media has no apparent issues. I've also been trying Kodi 18 under Ubuntu (18.04 & 18.10) on the same NUC and don't see the same thing.

Is this just a symptom of needing a screen calibration in Libreelec?

(Sorry, just found another thread, it seems to be a driver / kernel problem)

Edited once, last by deoau (February 23, 2019 at 11:01 PM).