Posts by odinb

Hi!

Re-installed my Chromebox from scratch today with Libreelec 9.1.501.

After installing Hyperion 9.1.901.111 from add-ons, and restoring my /storage/.kodi/userdata/addon_data/service.hyperion/hyperion.config.json-file, my LightPack was again working.

When doing suspend however, the LEDs do not shut off!

To fix this, you have to add a script "/storage/.config/sleep.d/01-hyperion.power".

You might have to create this folder if it does not exist.

===================================

LibreELEC-CN65:~ # cat /storage/.config/sleep.d/01-hyperion.power

#!/bin/sh

SERVICE="service.hyperion.service"

case "$1" in

pre)

if systemctl is-active "$SERVICE" &>/dev/null ; then

systemctl stop "$SERVICE"

fi

;;

post)

if systemctl is-enabled "$SERVICE" &>/dev/null ; then

systemctl start "$SERVICE"

fi

;;

esac

$

###################

Running Libreelec on an ASUS CHROMEBOX 3-N017U (KabyLake/CN65/Celeron3865U)

Libreelec 9.1.501

Kodi 18.4

Lightpack (project_home.md)

Hyperion 9.1.901.111 by Team LibreELEC

###################

Ok, finally fixed it on my box!

Apparently there is a bug on the Kaby lake boxes:

No HDMI Audio on 2018/Kabylake Chromeboxes:

• the snd_soc_skl audio driver is breaking things, so we need to blacklist it. Open up the 'configfiles' network share on your Chromebox, then the modprobe.d folder. If it doesn't already exist, create a new text file blacklist.conf and add the line 'blacklist snd_soc_skl' to it. Save and reboot the Chromebox.

Chromebox - Official Kodi Wiki

If you don't want to wait you can try the latest Milhouse build LibreELEC Testbuilds for x86_64 (Kodi 18.0)

Tried the Milhouse daily builds (Feb17-Feb21), and it does indeed fix the lost calibration settings, but my audio settings also goes fubar! Normally on my Chromebox, I have ALSA audio over HDMI, but with the Milhouse builds, audio locks into Bluetooth using PulseAudio, resulting in me loosing Audio, as the field is greyed/ghosted, and I cannot change! Any idea?

Wow, yeah, totally missed that part, did not realize LE had its own branch! Was wondering about the missing service for systemd! I am now running the "hypercon-LE" version, and it works as intended now! Had to add the sleep.d script for the service, but otherwise, it pretty much worked out of the box!

Thanks!

Tried writing a suspend/resume script (Creating Suspend and Resume Scripts - LibreELEC), but cannot get it to work!

The script wil do the "pre" part just fine when doing suspend, so the lights go out. The "post" part works when I run it from command line (./01-Hyperion.power post), but not when I do the actual suspend/resume. Tried spawning it with:

Code
    (/storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond.sh /storage/.config/hyperion.config.json </dev/null >/dev/null 2>&1 &)

but still no go!

Have used suspend/resume scripts before with libreelec, but then it was a service, so I created a service script:

Code
    [Unit]
    Description=Hyperion Daemon for Lightpack

[Service]
    Type=oneshot
    ExecStart=/storage/hyperion/bin/hyperiond.sh /storage/.config/hyperion.config.json

but I cannot save it as "/usr/lib/systemd/system/hyperion.service", since I get the error "/usr/lib/systemd/system/hyperion.service' Read-only file system".

Any ideas on how I can get either to work?

Took me a while to figure out the hyperion configuration, seems configuration changes did not always take immediately, but reboot and/or unplugging of USB was needed!

Definitely much better configuration possibilities once set up!
    Even though my Lightpack has 90 LEDs (10 strips with 9 LEDs on each) and 30 channels, it is still configured as "LED count: 10".

However, it does not solve my initial problem, it does not turn off the LEDs when I hit suspend. How do you get it to turn off the LEDs when going into suspend?

How does one get started with Hyperion? Any idea on how to convert existing configuration into hyperion configuration?

For starters, I have no idea what to choose for HW type, since I have a Lightpack clone.

Hi!

Used to run Openelec, and had the Boblight addons running for my Lightpack. Everything worked well. About a year ago, I upgraded to Libreelec, still Lightpack worked OK. Then recently, I had some issues with other addons that I could not seem to solve, so I did a wipe, and set it up from scratch, re-installing all addons.

After re-installing Boblight addons for my Lightpack, I noticed that when doing suspend, the Lightpack would stay on.

After googling for a while, I found this script that would supposedly fix the issue: OpenELEC Mediacenter - OpenELEC Forum - Turn off Boblight at suspend? (1/1)

Problem now is that every other time, it turns off Lightpack as intended, and every other time, Lightpack will stay on while suspended.
    Any ideas on how I can modify the script, or do something else to consistently get my Lightpack to turn off when doing suspend?

I have noticed that when I get the message "failed to connect to boblightd" is when it will not turn off.

=================

Running Libreelec on an Asus Chromebox-M004U (Haswell/CN60/Celeron2955U)(Chromebox - Official Kodi Wiki)

Libreelec 8.0.2

Kodi 17.3

Lightpack (Lightpack-docs/Project_home.md at master · Atarity/Lightpack-docs · GitHub)

Kodi Boblight 2.0.18 by Bobo1on1/Memphiz ([RELEASE] Official XBMC boblight Addon)

Boblight 8.1.100 by Libreelec.tv

=================