Posts by briscaF1

Okay, just to get things clear. Is the video calibration really the only thing that gets reset after a reboot? Every other setting gets stored, video and/or music databases get updated?

Also, why do you need video calibration anyway? Do have have some old CRT monitor attached? Current TVs shouldn't have a problem with a PC video signal.

I have a LG HD TV connected via HDMI - it's about 5 years old. When set to 1080 60Hz (or 50 - no other options available), the screen always needs resizing via the video calibration. Resizing is required the for Libreelec 8/Kodi 17, too, only that remembers.

It's not just a CRT issue.

In terms of settings, I think it's just the video calibration.

So, just going back to the DVB drivers question.....

In the latest Kodi, there are 3 options for DVB drivers. I had the impression that they were a mechanism for adding a DVB adaptor to Kodi and there would then be some Kodi dialog that would automatically search for TV stations etc as you'd get with a standard television/PVR box (i.e. Like what tvh does but without the hassle).

I guess this was flawed as Kodi supports DVB adaptors anyway (or at least it supported by Xbox One adaptor).

If they're not for that, what are they for? Is it for where Kodi doesn't natively support a DVB adaptor but will if one of the drivers is used (prior to configuring tvh)?

I installed Libreelec 9 last night and set TVHeadEnd up.

Everything was OK apart from the client password.

Via the TVheadend web config, I had set 1 admin and 1 standard user account (and passwords) up.

I could access the webconfig via these accounts no problem.

I hadn't set the tvh client user/pass in Kodi up prior to setting the passwords up in the webconfig.

I then set the kodi user/pass for the standard account in the tvh client via Kodi but got a "cannot access" warning each time it tried to connect/I restarted Kodi.

I then tried the admin account user/pass and this didn't work either.

I seem to remember having the same problem when I set up 8.x but cannot find the information.

This would seem to be a fundamental issue as I don't think I've gone through a strange sequence to set up TVH/Kodi.

How do I fix this, please?

(Also, does anyone have up to date TVH settings for Wrekin/Sutton Coldfield transmitters?)

This works on my NUC, & has done for the last few builds.

Configure the htsp client & server, assuming you will use you device as the tvh server.

So, on the webpage eg 192.168.1.110:9981 go to configuration, DVB inputs, TV adaptors, open the folder, you should see Panasonic dvb-c & dvb-c

If the folder doesn't open, or you don't see it, you need to choose the correct dvb driver from the addons, sorry can't remember which one I used, try each one. When you can see the panasonic dvb-t you have the right module, then you need to set tvh up.

Cheers. You still "have to" use tvh? You can't just pick some DVB drivers in Kodi and then tune from there?

I'd sort of imagined that you could since they're now available in the way that they are but maybe I've made a stupid assumption

Hi all,

I'm currently running Libreelec with Kodi 17 and have an Xbox One DVB adaptor for live telly.

I downloaded the beta yesterday as I was interested in the retrogaming/netflix/whether the DVB experience has been improved. I installed this to a separate USB drive and tried a few things out but it appeared that Kodi 18 wasn't liking the Xbox DVB tuner out of the box.

So, can Kodi 18 handle DVB adaptors natively these days? i.e. I notice it has some DVB drivers that can be installed. Should it be possible to install the correct one [for an Xbox DVB USB tuner] and then commence tuning etc without having to install something like TVHeadend?

If the above is not possible, since I was using TVHeadend, is this still the preferred option for live TV/PVR? Although I configured my Kodi 17 setup about 18 months ago, I don't recall the exact steps for getting the live TV up and running. Is there a step by step guide for doing this involving getting the minimal amount of components etc and then subsequent configuration? I do remember there being a "bit of a faff" about logging into the TVHeadend server remotely and then setting it up but I wonder if all this has now been streamlined?

Thanks for any assistance :)

Hi,

I've not got one for LibreElec since I've put OpenElec back on it.

Would this help (from OpenElec) ?

I can put it back on but it'll be a pain.....

[hr]
    I should add...I just read the thread titled "Graphic glitches" and the problem I have is different; my lines are always black, never different colours.
    [hr]
    LibreElec 7.0.2 hardware log
    [code]
    ################################################################################
    # ... output of lspci -vvvvnn
    # LibreELEC release: Generic.x86_64-7.0.2
    #
    ################################################################################
    00:00.0 Host bridge [0600]: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family DRAM Controller [8086:0100] (rev 09)
    Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company 2nd Generation Core Processor Family DRAM Controller [103c:1495]
    Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Latency: 0
    Capabilities: [e0] Vendor Specific Information: Len=0c <?>
    Kernel driver in use: snb_uncore

00:02.0 VGA compatible controller [0300]: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller [8086:0102] (rev 09) (prog-if 00 [VGA controller])
    Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller [103c:1495]
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 28
    Region 0: Memory at fe000000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4M]
    Region 2: Memory at d0000000 (64-bit, prefetchable) [size=256M]
    Region 4: I/O ports at f000 [size=64]
    Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled]
    Capabilities: [90] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit-
    Address: fee0f00c Data: 41e1
    Capabilities: [d0] Power Management version 2
    Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)
    Capabilities: [a4] PCI Advanced Features
    AFCap: TP+ FLR+
    AFCtrl: FLR-
    AFStatus: TP-
    Kernel driver in use: i915

00:16.0 Communication controller [0780]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller [8086:1c3a] (rev 04)
    Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family MEI Controller [103c:1495]
    Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 11
    Region 0: Memory at fe42a000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16]
    Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 3
    Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
    Capabilities: [8c] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
    Address: 0000000000000000 Data: 0000

00:16.3 Serial controller [0700]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family KT Controller [8086:1c3d] (rev 04) (prog-if 02 [16550])
    Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family KT Controller [103c:1495]
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster- SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz+ UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Interrupt: pin B routed to IRQ 17
    Region 0: I/O ports at f0e0 [size=8]
    Region 1: Memory at fe429000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Capabilities: [c8] Power Management version 3
    Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0-,D1-,D2-,D3hot-,D3cold-)
    Capabilities: [d0] MSI: Enable- Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
    Address: 0000000000000000 Data: 0000
    Kernel driver in use: serial

00:19.0 Ethernet controller [0200]: Intel Corporation 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection [8086:1502] (rev 04)
    Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company 82579LM Gigabit Network Connection [103c:1495]
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR- FastB2B- DisINTx+
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 30
    Region 0: Memory at fe400000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128K]
    Region 1: Memory at fe428000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
    Region 2: I/O ports at f080 [size=32]
    Capabilities: [c8] Power Management version 2
    Flags: PMEClk- DSI+ D1- D2- AuxCurrent=0mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
    Capabilities: [d0] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
    Address: 00000000fee0f00c Data: 41a2
    Capabilities: [e0] PCI Advanced Features
    Kernel driver in use: e1000e

00:1a.0 USB controller [0c03]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller [8086:1c2d] (rev 04) (prog-if 20 [EHCI])
    Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller [103c:1495]
    Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx-
    Status: Cap+ 66MHz- UDF- FastB2B+ ParErr- DEVSEL=medium >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort- >SERR- <PERR- INTx-
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 16
    Region 0: Memory at fe427000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=1K]
    Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
    Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=375mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
    Capabilities: [58] Debug port: BAR=1 offset=00a0
    Capabilities: [98] PCI Advanced Features
    Kernel driver in use: ehci-pci

00:1b.0 Audio device [0403]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller [8086:1c20] (rev 04)
    Subsystem: Hewlett-Packard Company 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family High Definition Audio Controller [103c:1495]
    Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx+
    Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 31
    Region 0: Memory at fe420000 (64-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=16K]
    Capabilities: [50] Power Management version 2
    Flags: PMEClk- DSI- D1- D2- AuxCurrent=55mA PME(D0+,D1-,D2-,D3hot+,D3cold+)
    Capabilities: [60] MSI: Enable+ Count=1/1 Maskable- 64bit+
    Address: 00000000fee0f00c Data: 4182
    Capabilities: [70] Express (v1) Root Complex Integrated Endpoint, MSI 00
    DevCap: MaxPayload 128 bytes, PhantFunc 0
    ExtTag- RBE-
    DevCtl: Report errors: Correctable- Non-Fatal- Fatal- Unsupported-
    RlxdOrd- ExtTag- PhantFunc- AuxPwr- NoSnoop-
    MaxPayload 128 bytes, MaxReadReq 128 bytes
    DevSta: CorrErr- UncorrErr- FatalErr- UnsuppReq- AuxPwr+ TransPend-
    Capabilities: [100 v1] Virtual Channel
    Caps: LPEVC=0 RefClk=100ns PATEntryBits=1
    Arb: Fixed- WRR32- WRR64- WRR128-
    Ctrl: ArbSelect=Fixed
    VC0: Caps: PATOffset=00 MaxTimeSlots=1 RejSnoopTrans-
    Arb: Fixed- WRR32- WRR64- WRR128- TWRR128- WRR256-
    Ctrl: Enable+ ID=0 ArbSelect=Fixed TC/VC=01
    VC1: Caps: PATOffset=00 MaxTimeSlots=1 RejSnoopTrans-
    Arb: Fixed- WRR32- WRR64- WRR128- TWRR128- WRR256-
    Ctrl: Enable+ ID=1 ArbSelect=Fixed TC/VC=22
    Capabilities: [130 v1] Root Complex Link
    Desc: PortNumber=0f ComponentID=00 EltType=Config
    Link0: Desc: TargetPort=00 TargetComponent=00 AssocRCRB- LinkType=MemMapped LinkValid+
    Addr: 00000000fed1c000
    Kernel driver in use: snd_hda_intel
    Kernel modules: snd_hda_intel

00:1c.0 PCI bridge [0604]: Intel Corporation 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family PCI Express Root Port 1 [8086:1c10] (rev b4) (prog-if 00 [Normal decode])
    Control: I/O+ Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV- VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B- DisINTx+
    Latency: 0, Cache Line Size: 64 bytes
    Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 24
    Bus: primary=00, secondary=01, subordinate=01, sec-latency=0
    I/O behind bridge: 0000f000-00000fff
    Memory behind bridge: fff00000-000fffff
    Prefetchable memory behind bridge: 00000000fff00000-00000000000fffff
    Secondary status: 66MHz- FastB2B- ParErr- DEVSEL=fast >TAbort- <TAbort- <MAbort+ <SERR- <PERR-
    BridgeCtl: Parity- SERR+ NoISA- VGA- MAbort- >Reset- FastB2B-

Hi,

New user here...

I used the upgrade to go from OpenElec to the latest version of 7.0.2.

I used the intel generic build (since I am using a HP SFF 8200 Elite PC and its on board graphics to run Kodi from a 4GB compact flash)
    The PC is hooked up to an LG telly via HDMI.

It took me a few days to notice occasional black horizontal lines appearing on the screen; these are not present if I watch normal television. The lines are a few pixels "wide" and generally appear one at a time, fairly randomly but certainly within a 10s period of each other.

Occasionally, maybe once every 5-10 mins, when watching video or listening to audio (e.g. Internet radio), the screen will blank for approx 1-2s and then resume.

I checked all connections etc and everything is fine.

Since I did not notice it at first, I put it down to installing a heavier duty skin but it still occurs even if I revert to Confluence. In fact, it happens on any skin.

This morning, I then tried to re-install LibreElec from scratch to avoid it being an 'upgrade' problem but the problem remains. I also noticed it during the 'LibreElec' splash graphic on start up after this last attempt so I presume it's a graphic driver problem(?)

Aftewards, I reverted to OpenElec but left it on the 'curses' style installation screen for several minutes just to check that there were no black lines appearing...there weren't.

I then installed OpenElec fully and left it on the normal main menu for several minutes and the problem is not present anymore.

Is this a known issue? If I was running some esoteric hardware, I could maybe understand it but I think I'm running something about as vanilla as it can get. I know it's not a hardware problem (e.g. something getting hot and going wrong) as it was happening this morning with Libre but not immediately afterwards with OpenElec.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.