LibreELEC (Leia) 9.0.0 RELEASE

More people are using VPN services for privacy without realising this exposes SSH/SMB/Web services. To combat this problem we have added simple firewall configurations for Home/Public networks; the Home configuration blocks inbound connections from non-private networks, e.g. traffic from the Internet to the public IP address used with the VPN connection

Ok, I admit it, I'm on of those people not realising I could be exposing services when using a VPN service! ^^

Could you elaborate on this a bit, please? Does this apply to all VPN services? I've tried googling for this but haven't found anything relevant so far.

For example, I'm using an OpenVPN add-on on LE 8 connecting to a PIA server to get around some government filtering. How can I confirm if I'm exposing services doing this?

• Nevermind, I made a clean install and everything works.

Had to add an additional Autostart Commander die the Xbox one controller.

• After updating my nuc to 9.0 and my htpc to newest kodi neither of the computer can read in shows and movies that are packed in several of .rar files. Is it only me having thoose problem?

• Thanks for all the hard work .. the easiest update ever

4K playback is smoother + audio has more ambience

Three Cheers

intel i3-7100 / Gigabyte H270M-D3H / GTX1050 / STX Essence

Edited once, last by Pokey: show hardware used (February 8, 2019 at 1:08 PM).

• I've just installed LE 9.0 Kodi Leah V18 on my Raspberry Pi 2. I'm using NextPVR for my Live TV functionality. I can playback recordings OK, however, I've encountered numerous problems watching live TV including stuttering video and large audio offsets. The screen also goes black when I click any buttons on my remote.

Has anyone else experienced similar problems? If so, how did you resolve them?

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Kodi.Log

I re-imaged my sdcard and the stuttering during playback has gone away. However, while watching live TV, anytime I click a button on my remote the screen goes black and the audio stops playing. The screen also goes black when I remotely change the channel using JSONPRC.

Anyone have any idea why this is happening and what can be done to fix it?

I don't have this problem with LE v8.25.

LE9 Kodi.Log

• I do not see a build for Cubox i2/i4 and Hummingboard - will there be Leia build for imx6 platform?

No. iMX6 support was broken for the first 6+ months of Kodi Leia development and since nobody stepped forwards to act as maintainer the dead code was eventually removed, so it's not possible to make an image. It should be possible to reinstate support using modern kernels in the future, but some technical (driver) things need to be resolved first to make that possible. It's something we're continuing to track.

• Hi

I've installed LE 9.0 on my Wetek Play 2. I've got some video signal losses (I already open a bug in the specific subforum), but generally speaking the version goes very well.

Only a minor thing, using the default Estuary skin: when I select TV Shows on the left side panel, noting appears on the central panel, only the upper boxes (e.g. Genre, Titles, Year etc..), no "posters". I've installed LE on a RPI3 and instead there the "recently added" or "in progress series" images appear on the central panel (the same on the Kodi instance installed on my Windows10 PC). It seems that this affects only (this is my experience) the Wetek Play2 version. Any suggestion?

Thanks

Andrea

• Did a clean install on one of my Rpi3+, and it works like a charm.

One gripe is that the Universal Screen Scraper only gets about 50% hits on my movies, where as using LibreElec 8.2.5 I got approx 98% hits. Anybody suffering from the same?