Posts by mancio61

Hi all

One of my best friend has a Wetek Core, on which we tried (obviously I support him remotely due to the covid-19 beast....) to install the last LibreELEC version (9.2.1). The device is connected via optical cable to the AVR (which doesn't have HDMI input) and with HDMI to a FullHD TV.

Media are stored into an HDD, plugged into an USB port directly to the home router.

The 9.2.1 version however had a big issue managing multichannel audio. In the device list of the System->Audio section no SPDIF entry appears, and the "Audio Pass-Through" section in the lower part of the option panel was completely empty. Searching the forum, this seems to be an unresolved issue, so we decided to make a step-back and install the old one 8.2.5. The audio in this old version is instead managed perfectly, is possible to enable the pass-through and the audio streams are correctly send to the AVR.

Well, we have got another issue.

I use normally (and suggest to make the same to my friend) the Universal Movie Scraper to get info for the movie. It's the scraper addon which have the best configuration to obtain info in a given language (Italian in our case), and normally it recognize the 95% of the movies. My friend has around 120-130 movies stored into the HDD described above, all in a unigue root folder, following the naming convention name (year).ext .

We have three issues:

1) The scraper seems to scan all the movies (it possible to see all the titles appearing in the top-right current of the screen during the scan), but it recognizes only 46 on the total.

2) Trying to access to Video->File section, Kodi freeze completely (we have to restart unplugging and plugging power cable, no other chance to do it)

3) In the Event Log section there are many errors generated by TheTVDB addon. No source has been configured to use it, and this is surprising. To avoid it, is it enough to disable this addon?

My first idea was about network issues : Internet for the scraper (1) , Intranet for the freezing accessing to Video->File (2).

My friend however yesterday was able to play a movie (one of the 42 recognized by scraper) and it was played perfectly (with 5.1 audio too and without any video stuttering..)

Any ideas? I suppose that there's some Video Source that locks Kodi. Is there any way to clean video source not accessing to the Video->File section? From Windows PC using Putty ? Or directly accessing through Windows File Explorer to LibreELEEC and then deleting some file/configuration/XML manually?

In parallel, I suggest to my friend to enable the Debug Log, and to upload it using the Kodi Logfile Uploader official addon.

Obviously, we didn't install any third party addons after the LibreELEC installation. The only one is Universal Movie Scraper.

Thanks in advance for any help

Andrea

Yesterday I try to install the last official LibreELEC version on my Wetek Core. All it works... except multichannel audio. In the list of audio device the SPDIF option is still missing. I had only three devices : (Default) AMl-M8AUDIO Analog, AMl-M8AUDIO Analog and Pulse. So the "Pass-through" section in the lower part of the Audio option pane is still empty.

AFAIK it seems that the issue is still not solved in LibreELEC 9.2.1. I try to install the old 8.2.5.

I don't know if is related to the audio issue (the Core is connected to a non-HDMI enabled AVR through optical cable), but some movies are not shown correctly (they freeze..), while obviously the ones that are played, send only stereo audio to the AVR....

Hi all,

I try to explain the problem, even I don't have a fluent written english hope you'll be able to understand that.

In my brother's LAN, we have a WD MYCloud Home HDD, which stores his video library, connect through cable to the router

Until yesterday, he had a RPi3 running LibreELEC 8.2.5, also this connected through cable. We've built the video library starting from "Windows SMB share" in the "Add Video source" popup window. Under "WORKGOUP" we were able to see the HDD and browse the folder containing the movies. That was OK !

Today, I move the Wetek Play2 from my home to my brother's home, to replace the RP3 (in order to playback also 4K contents ). The Play2 usually boots from microSD card running LibreELEC 8.2.5 . I was able to connect to the new LAN (always through Ethernet cable), configure Kodi and download all the addons (Italian language, Universal Movie Scraper, Missing Movies and nothing more...). When trying to add video to the empty Library (I delete my old own one on the Play2) , and trying to open Windows SMB Share, no device is listed.

So I try to use the good old method of "Add network location", inserting the local IP address of the WD and the shared folder...no way! The request got a timeout! To make a check, from a Windows 10 PC in the same LAN, I opened Windows File Explorer, and writing \\192.168.1.xx\public in the address text box, I was able to browse the contents from the PC.

Moving the RPI in the bedroom, and connected it through wi-fi, it stills successfully "see" the WD HDD, being able to playback all the movies contained in it.

It seems that the issue could be related only to Wetek Play2 device, same LibreELEC version, same network... I don't understand where's the problem !

I add that , at my home, typically I used until yesterday the "Add network location" on the Play2, to reach the contents stored into my home NAS.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Andrea

Hi

I've installed LE 9.0 on my Wetek Play 2. I've got some video signal losses (I already open a bug in the specific subforum), but generally speaking the version goes very well.

Only a minor thing, using the default Estuary skin: when I select TV Shows on the left side panel, noting appears on the central panel, only the upper boxes (e.g. Genre, Titles, Year etc..), no "posters". I've installed LE on a RPI3 and instead there the "recently added" or "in progress series" images appear on the central panel (the same on the Kodi instance installed on my Windows10 PC). It seems that this affects only (this is my experience) the Wetek Play2 version. Any suggestion?

Thanks

Andrea

me too ! I have "no signal" messages, the screen turns to black for 5-10 secs, than the playback is resumed...

I need to turn off the AVR receiver (connected through HDMI between WP2 and my 4K TV), and the image comes back...

It seems an HDMI handshacking issue (with previous LE 8.5.2 version I didn't have that...)

Hi guys, I made a system update to the official LE 9.0 (skipping all the intermediate Alpha and Beta versions, hoping the problem had been fixed..). Today, after few minutes of movie playing... "no signal" message arises another time....

Very frustrated, because in these last weeks, as before, I had no issue of this kind using the official LE 8.2.5

My setup is:

• TV : Sony 43XD8099 4K
    • Media Player: Wetek Play2
    • AVR: Marantz NR1607

CEC-HDMI enabled

Connections using HDMI cables, adopting standard connection schema : Media Player -> AVR -> TV

Anybody have the same issue?

Thanks!

Andrea

Hi guys,

Yesterday I've made some tests updating my sdCard from Alpha 8.90.005 to Alpha 8.90.009.

The system is correctly updated in few minutes, the library too (all the movies in the library are catched by Universal Movie Scraper).

All seems to work well : UI is very fluid , HDMI-CEC working, playback with no video or audio issues (test also some 4K video with DTS-MA audio track).

The problem is that after few minutes, the "black screen" issue appears! In concrete the video signal is lost, on the TV screen appears the message "no signal from this source". Moving to the digital TV channels (or to another AV source) and then switching back to the player, the UI appears... to disappear after some minutes. It seems to be something related to HDMI handshaking (I'm not sure about that...).

The player is the Wetek Play2, connected with high quality HDMI cable to a Marantz NR 1608 receiver, and then to a Sony 4K XD8009 TV.

Obviously the old LibreELEC 8.2.5 version based on Krypton 17 works well, using the same hw setup....

It's also difficult to create a log file, because once the UI disappears, is not possible to upload the file o take note of its id ....any suggestion about how to proceed to supply more technical information about?

thanks!!!

Andrea

OK, I've made some tests during the weekend, setting UI resolution to 4K/30HZ as suggested. I used the system for more or less half an hour (playing a movie stored on my NAS), but at the end the video signal starts to cut every 15-20 secs (the "black screen" period is around 3-4 seconds...).

I tested also the system with the last CoreELEC Alpha release (based on Leia Beta2), but after one hour I've got the same results. Switching back to official LibreELEC 8.2.5 no more video signal cutting at all....

What can i do? I already upload my log (see above).

Klojum : should I post it on the Kodi Forum ? In which section? Let me know if it makes sense...

Many thanks

Andrea

Here's my log.

I worked some minutes without problems, but at a given point the system lose the video connection throug HDMI (LibreELEC->AVR->TV), The UI appears for some seconds, then black screen, then appears...and so on....

Switching back to the old 8.2.5 version (made already yesterday but only to be sure about that...) , it works perfectly without this problem

hastebin

Hope it helps!

Andrea