LibreELEC Leia Alpha 8.90.005 - no way to rescan video with movie scraper

• Hi, I run perfectly LibreELEC 8.2.5 based on Kodi Kryton, but in parallel I'm trying to test LibreELEC Leia Alpha 8.90.005 (based on Kodi Leia Beta2).

I have a Wetek Play2 media player, and LibreELEC is running from the microSD card (not in NAND).

I'm not sure if this behavior is due to Kodi or due to the LibreELEC specific implementation for Wetek Play2.

Well, I set my video sources (movies are stored on my home NAS) , set the scraper (Universal Movie Scraper previously configured), and start the build the information movies' db. The scraper runs and, at the end it finds more or less the 95% of the info.

With Kodi 17/LibreELEC 8.2.5, if the info for the movie are not found, I can recognize it because in the Video->File>Film folder I still can see the physical filename (e.g. Mulan2 (2007).mkv ) instead of the title found by the scraper. Then, I can select the file, click on the "show information" (I'm not sure if this are the right words in english, I used italian language for the UI) and the system ask me to replace the local info with info coming from Internet; pressing "yes", the scraper runs for this specific file and a list of candidates are shown. In most of the cases, with this procedure, I'm able to find the right info for the movie.

With Kodi18/LibreELEC Alpha, instead, if I select the same menu-item, the system tell me "no info for it" (or similar...). So there's no way to force and individual scan for a title.

Andrea

• OK. I think I understand.

Are you using the "standard" scraper TheMovieDB or an Italian equivalent?

Mulan2 (2007).mkv should really be named Mulan II(2007).mkv

Have you tried the Kodi addon "Missing Movies" I "think" this has a rename function.

• I used Universal Movie Scraper. The problem is not that sonetines the scraper diesn’t recognize the movie ( this happens also with old kodi versions). The problem is that it doesn’t allow to enter in “manual mode” ( 99% of the cases, simply removing a word in the title the missing file is recognized), it only says “ no title found” and stop..